Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. But none of the companies seem interested in disabling that. Ever since this fad started a few years ago, everyone is on the hybrid power train. I don't even know if the upcoming Asus Chimera will finally get rid of it. The only way to get a high end laptop that won't drain from the battery is to get one with a Prema mod Bios/EC (only available from resellers who are prema partners), and only some laptops with SOCKETED CPU's (e.g. Desktop processors) get Prema mods--there are no current models with BGA cpu's (Soldered chips) that have them, afaik.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by buth11 View Post
    Hi, I want to share my experience with Asus in Poland. Over three weeks ago I send my Gl502VS to Asus because of battery drain problem. They don't even contact me just replaced whole motherboard, battery and gave me new PSU (unfortunately 180W). So they replaced everything besides chassis and screen. but overall I think that they fixed the problem. I played Diablo 3 RoS over 2h starting with 95% of battery and it dropped to 90% and stopped. I played 30m more and battery was bouncing 90-91%. I also played New Tomb Rider (Max settings) and after hour battery dropped to 97% from 100%. On previous components 1h of Tomb and I had below 90%, same with Diablo 3 RoS. I don't know what was the issue but on papers from RMA was mentioned Battery error. Now I have same software, BIOS etc and difference is noticeable. Before RMA laptop in stress was consuming max 145W now it is 165W.
    My own g502 vs is for second time in 2 months period for rma as it died out again ,the first time they replaced the psu and after return it work 4 days before dying again and refuse to turn on. a laptop bought on june is right now for second time on rma to Czech service. I am utterly dissapointed by them and i wont buy again ,my previous msi laptop with 880m was replaced with an 970m laptop when the usb ports stopped working on msi warranty , i have asus sending it back to me to die again ,well no more asus ,even my 17inch beast g75vs went for rma cause of screen flickering at 120hz and it was for god sake a 2k laptop....

New ROGer Array

Mmm..now that you make me think, I got a custom laptop, of 2 years with 980m, 230w adaptor, and it has the desktop CPU by my choise, 4790k. It indeed never suffered of this. It was really expensive but the results, well..

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. But none of the companies seem interested in disabling that. Ever since this fad started a few years ago, everyone is on the hybrid power train. I don't even know if the upcoming Asus Chimera will finally get rid of it. The only way to get a high end laptop that won't drain from the battery is to get one with a Prema mod Bios/EC (only available from resellers who are prema partners), and only some laptops with SOCKETED CPU's (e.g. Desktop processors) get Prema mods--there are no current models with BGA cpu's (Soldered chips) that have them, afaik.

Ex-employee Array

The explanation by Falkentyne is not fully correct to many extents, I think some people are going to be mislead to believe the fix is a simple EC update, which isn't the case. I'm told that we're in the process of preparing an alternative solution which will require RMA to replace the motherboard. Until this solution is ready, we will continue to offer users with the option to apply for full refund.

New ROGer Array

Solution???

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    The explanation by Falkentyne is not fully correct to many extents, I think some people are going to be mislead to believe the fix is a simple EC update, which isn't the case. I'm told that we're in the process of preparing an alternative solution which will require RMA to replace the motherboard. Until this solution is ready, we will continue to offer users with the option to apply for full refund.
    If I understand you correctly they are working on a solution. Because I'm not really interested in a refund. I would rather see the problem solved without any loss of performance.

You mentioned that the solution involves replacing the motherboard. In a previous post by somebody from Poland was mentioned that they replaced the motherboard and the battery and the problem seems to be solved, so thus this mean the solution already exist? If not any idea when this solution will be available?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Depla View Post
    If I understand you correctly they are working on a solution. Because I'm not really interested in a refund. I would rather see the problem solved without any loss of performance.

You mentioned that the solution involves replacing the motherboard. In a previous post by somebody from Poland was mentioned that they replaced the motherboard and the battery and the problem seems to be solved, so thus this mean the solution already exist? If not any idea when this solution will be available?
    Correction: it may not be full motherboard but rather parts and PCBs, the solution requires rework.

As I mentioned before, not all users are experiencing this discharging issue and it also depends on what games or applications you use. There are new parts that are being prepared and this as explained by our engineers should solve the discharging issue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Correction: it may not be full motherboard but rather parts and PCBs, the solution requires rework.

As I mentioned before, not all users are experiencing this discharging issue and it also depends on what games or applications you use. There are new parts that are being prepared and this as explained by our engineers should solve the discharging issue.
    Will this solution be available at your service center in Dubai? or this too will be USA only..

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing113 View Post
    Will this solution be available at your service center in Dubai? or this too will be USA only..
    I assume that US will be among one of the first countries to have this solution available but this will be available to all countries eventually. Currently still in the preparation process, once I have more details that I can share then I'll update everyone.

New ROGer Array

Smile

Hello,

I have newly purchased GL502VSK (Kaby Lake) about 3 weeks ago. The first two weeks i have no idea about any issue happening on the machine although i did notice the battery light always turns to orange after an hour of gaming session (i play Ghost Recon Wildlands and Watch dogs 2). I started to get curious and googled about it and found this thread. i've read everything from page 1, and also applied the fix mentioned (about undervolting the GPU, updating BIOS to 303) and it worked (updating BIOS didn't help though). Battery Discharge while plugged in is no more, temps went down by 10*celcius for my CPU and around 6-8*celcius for the GPU. I saw an increased performance on the 2 games i mentioned and stable FPS.

However some problems still occur. I noticed a heavy battery drain while using the laptop (only browsing the internet) without plugging it to AC power. It went from 99% to 0% (dead) in less than an hour (using power saver battery settings, lowest brightness). Its kinda upsetting bcs its a 3 weeks old laptop. My previous laptop before i bought GL502VSK was Asus G551 which is 4 years old and the battery can still last for about 1 movie (approx 2hrs~). I think the battery draining while plugged in when playing heavy load games is really killing the battery.

Another thing besides the battery, is the laptop sometimes shows only black screen almost every time i turn it on. I have to force shut down it and turn it on again to finally make the screen shows up (ROG logo, windows loading screen then the lockscreen), which takes one or two times doing it. When it turned on, i noticed the fn function doesn't work (can't increase/decrease brightness, etc from F1 to F12), so i have to restart the laptop and let it reboot everything for it to function properly.

I also noticed the 230 W power brick that came from the box is not an original Asus Adaptor (or is it?), the brand is Delta something (i think i saw it on Amazon too when i googled the thing). Is this normal?

My point is not about ranting about every imperfection it has as an expensive and beastly laptop. My primary concern is in its lifespan. Its very worrying if the product at that price to die so quickly because its killing itself due to faulty hardware and as a loyal customer i'm not getting what my money's worth.

Mr Bahz, i saw many ppl from many countries reported they RMA the laptop or went for a full refund. Could you confirm that ASUS Indonesia provide full refund for Indonesian customer too? Btw i'll PM the details you asked several pages back ASAP..

Thanks

Ex-employee Array

I haven't seen anyone report that the notebook is discharging while surfing, it may be possible you may have a defective battery. Indonesia doesn't have any active cases so I assume service team in Indonesia hasn't processed any requests. You can contact customer service as the directive is active through internal memo that is shared with all service teams, however your notebook must be purchased in the same country where you reside to be qualified for any alternative solutions such as refunds or credit back. I would recommend that you wait a few more weeks for more information on the upcoming solution which is currently in preparation.

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast