Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by fvztdk View Post
    From the multiple "this new bios will solve the problem" since this problem was detected I think that was what Asus tried to do without success. I agree with you that this is a design fault or fault batch of components used on some of the laptops. That's make even more clear to me that I refund should be issued for those who want it.
    Well it seems that the move to the 230 watt power adapter for the 7700hq solved the issue, but i think it's more that the power connector itself can handle the wattage as temperature rises since both Seaspray and I have tried 230watt adapters without success.

I think that the bios was CPU only and not gpu which seems like it would be more effective.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by rsunahar View Post
    Well it seems that the move to the 230 watt power adapter for the 7700hq solved the issue, but i think it's more that the power connector itself can handle the wattage as temperature rises since both Seaspray and I have tried 230watt adapters without success.

I think that the bios was CPU only and not gpu which seems like it would be more effective.
    Which model do you have? GL502VS or GL502VSK? Can you share the specs on your 230W adapter? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Which model do you have? GL502VS or GL502VSK? Can you share the specs on your 230W adapter? Thanks.
    I have the vs i7 6700HQ.
    Adp-230eb-t

I'm using a 7.4x5.0mm to 5.5x5.0mm adapter.

ROG Member Array

If you are frustrated and not getting anywhere. There is a legal team compiling an investigation into a class action law suit... Go here to sign up for it...

http://www.classlawdc.com/2017/08/30...investigation/

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by CR7_2011 View Post
    If you are frustrated and not getting anywhere. There is a legal team compiling an investigation into a class action law suit... Go here to sign up for it...

http://www.classlawdc.com/2017/08/30...investigation/
    Good for the US guys. No luck for us in europe.

Mine is at Asus for 2 weeks now, on the RMA status until yesterday it was "repairing" now it doesn't show any status anymore. Anyone know what that means ?

Ex-employee Array

For all those who are having issues with the RMA, please PM me with the following information:

Product S/N:
    RMA#:
    Case ID#:

As I mentioned previously, majority of the people that have been in contact with me has been approved for the credit back/refund. The refund process of course takes some time because as I also mentioned before the point of sale is with the retailer and not ASUS. The process may take a little bit of time but you will receive the full refund within a reasonable period of time as our team is processing the requests as quickly as possible.

New ROGer Array

UPDATE
    Just received a email from Asus saying that because they couldn't fix the notebook on a reasonable ammount of time they are issuing a reimburse. It took 2 around two weeks for the evaluation.

Thanks @Bahz for the help and giving me the instructions for RMA.

I wish a happy ending for all the others affected...

New ROGer Array

Perfect way to reproduce

Without mentioning my complain for another fault in my 8th notebook, I'll try to help.

I've discovered even more today with my benchmarks. I can clearly assert, that there is a point, a combination of GPU usage and GPU clock frequency where it starts to drain the power from the battery. I've done these tests this time using a consumption calculator attached to the wall AC, which as brought to me an unexpected data! According to the tests, I could burn the PC pushing it to its limits with 100% load on GPU and CPU, frequency were stable to 1300-1400 Mhz in this occasion and FPS to nearly 50-60. In this case it was NOT draining the power from battery but instead it was charging, the tool on the wall was showing an consumption of 200-210W which is good since the maximum is 230. Now comes the very interesting part.

Since I was determined to reproduce the problem into the benchmark i've changed many setups, and I could achieve a situation where the load of GPU and CPU was about 50-60%, FPS over 300, and, 1700-1800MHz of GPU Clock, very high due to the frame per second obviously. Well as you can imagine this time it was draining the battery but there was the suprise at the wall tool. It was showing a consumption lower this time! Far from the maximum, it was 150-160W. So with all these data I can say that there must be something done wrong with the design, or building process, or in resources management through software maybe, that can't requests the power needed in that case from AC, making suffer the battery. That was a really surprise. I'm not a technician so I only suppose that.

Model GL502VSK
    230W Adapter
    BIOS VERSION 303
    Benchmark done with 3DMark (bought the licence just for this!)
    The perfect parameters are 120FPS, 1700-1800 Mhz GPU Clock
    minimum of 40% load of GPU
    CPU was 20-30%

Obviously if I push the benchmark to max CPU and GPU the problem will not occur, due to FPS going down to 60 and Clock to 1300 MHz.

Analyze this please.

EDIT

V-SYNC ON, I saw that may change many things with it disabled, best to leave it on, on benchmark.
    Last edited by Krejak; 09-06-2017 at 12:37 PM.

New ROGer Array

Configs

This is which test and what config I've used to get the best result so far to drain the battery, which is commonly the same when I play every game that is working at 80-120 FPS. No matter the game, just how is going.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DMARK settings.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	67200

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Krejak View Post
    Without mentioning my complain for another fault in my 8th notebook, I'll try to help.

I've discovered even more today with my benchmarks. I can clearly assert, that there is a point, a combination of GPU usage and GPU clock frequency where it starts to drain the power from the battery. I've done these tests this time using a consumption calculator attached to the wall AC, which as brought to me an unexpected data! According to the tests, I could burn the PC pushing it to its limits with 100% load on GPU and CPU, frequency were stable to 1300-1400 Mhz in this occasion and FPS to nearly 50-60. In this case it was NOT draining the power from battery but instead it was charging, the tool on the wall was showing an consumption of 200-210W which is good since the maximum is 230. Now comes the very interesting part.

Since I was determined to reproduce the problem into the benchmark i've changed many setups, and I could achieve a situation where the load of GPU and CPU was about 50-60%, FPS over 300, and, 1700-1800MHz of GPU Clock, very high due to the frame per second obviously. Well as you can imagine this time it was draining the battery but there was the suprise at the wall tool. It was showing a consumption lower this time! Far from the maximum, it was 150-160W. So with all these data I can say that there must be something done wrong with the design, or building process, or in resources management through software maybe, that can't requests the power needed in that case from AC, making suffer the battery. That was a really surprise. I'm not a technician so I only suppose that.

Model GL502VSK
    230W Adapter
    BIOS VERSION 303
    Benchmark done with 3DMark (bought the licence just for this!)
    The perfect parameters are 120FPS, 1700-1800 Mhz GPU Clock
    minimum of 40% load of GPU
    CPU was 20-30%

Obviously if I push the benchmark to max CPU and GPU the problem will not occur, due to FPS going down to 60 and Clock to 1300 MHz.

Analyze this please.

EDIT

V-SYNC ON, I saw that may change many things with it disabled, best to leave it on, on benchmark.
    Thanks for sharing this information, I'll pass it over to our team to further investigate this.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast