Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

10200 brgy

Quote Originally Posted by apemonkeychimp View Post
    Hey everyone.

I was tweaking around the laptop a bit and I was able to improve it significantly.
    By undervolting the CPU and GPU I was able to get better performance, perfomance consistency, heat and noise. Also the machine doesnt hit the powertarget anymore and the green battery indicator stays green during gaming. So I guess mine is not discharging anymore.

I undervoltet the CPU by -150mV. The sweetspot of my GPU is 1700 MHz @ 825mV. That way it won't clock down at all, because it doesn't hit power or temperature target. On stock it's clocking up to 1800 MHz but hits the PT so quick and gets so hot @ up to 1000 mV, it will soon clock down to 1500.

Now I have a very solid frame rate. Dishonored 2 and Watchdogs 2 run way smoother. (up to 20 % more fps).

I notices the notebook stays way cooler with the back opened. Seems like the air vents are not put at the best spot, which would be above the fans. So I am going to order a new back lid for my GL502VS and cut in some custom air vents. If that works, I will also repaste it with some IC Diamond. That should cool it down signifiantly and calm the coolers down by a lot.

Quite interesting, i also have -0.150 on CPU, but it didn't help much with temps, i was hitting 96-97 stock, now it's around 90-91, and only in GTA 5 it reaches up to 94C, How it your GPU reaching so high? my clocks are 1440 stock and 1645 turbo.... i still need to figure it out with the msi afterburner and the voltage curve i guess, if you don't mind please share your profile )

ROG Enthusiast Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (53).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	62210

Here you go.

It's really quick if you lower the entire curve with Shift to lower than 1500 an then just set the first three. Everything on the right, which is lower than left, will be set up to the highest value of the left. Took my all night to figure that out.

[EDIT] I am wondering why your temps are so high. I get mid 70s to low 80s on the CPU with -150 mV. Stock I am around mit 80. GPU is kinda hot with 82+. With UV it stays at 1700 and 79 C.
    Last edited by apemonkeychimp; 01-29-2017 at 10:42 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (53).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	62210

Here you go.

It's really quick if you lower the entire curve with Shift to lower than 1500 an then just set the first three. Everything on the right, which is lower than left, will be set up to the highest value of the left. Took my all night to figure that out.

[EDIT] I am wondering why your temps are so high. I get mid 70s to low 80s on the CPU with -150 mV. Stock I am around mit 80. GPU is kinda hot with 82+. With UV it stays at 1700 and 79 C.
    GPU is ¬75-76C reaches 79-80 only when using furmark,CPU is a problem tho, i even tried to disable turbo, was getting around 85C, so no idea really why the temps are so high.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 0x542 View Post
    You returned it to the retailer soon after you bought it or can you do it through ASUS after a few months? I guess not...
    Through the retailer, Amazon gave me a full month. I doubt Asus would go for that.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Maybe when Asus incorporate Volta Gpu, it might explode..
    Asus ventilation is not good.
    Hoping Asus will not share the fate of Samsung's Note 7....

ROG Member Array

Hey everyone.

I was tweaking around the laptop a bit and I was able to improve it significantly.
    By undervolting the CPU and GPU I was able to get better performance, perfomance consistency, heat and noise. Also the machine doesnt hit the powertarget anymore and the green battery indicator stays green during gaming. So I guess mine is not discharging anymore.

I undervoltet the CPU by -150mV. The sweetspot of my GPU is 1700 MHz @ 825mV. That way it won't clock down at all, because it doesn't hit power or temperature target. On stock it's clocking up to 1800 MHz but hits the PT so quick and gets so hot @ up to 1000 mV, it will soon clock down to 1500.

Now I have a very solid frame rate. Dishonored 2 and Watchdogs 2 run way smoother. (up to 20 % more fps).

I notices the notebook stays way cooler with the back opened. Seems like the air vents are not put at the best spot, which would be above the fans. So I am going to order a new back lid for my GL502VS and cut in some custom air vents. If that works, I will also repaste it with some IC Diamond. That should cool it down signifiantly and calm the coolers down by a lot.
    Hey, that sounds very nice.

Can you explain exactly what you have to do for this? What programs do you need what do you have to type in there. I'd really want to know.

Thanks in advance.

I still get slight discharge. Now it doesn't show directly after gaming. For example if I play the forest on high settings or dragon's dogma. If I finish after 3 or 4 hours it doesn't show any signs of discharge. But then after two hours of just doing office stuff or watching Youtube it suddenly loses 1-2%. And sometimes even from watching a few hours of Youtube or Prime I still get discharge of 1-2% after restarting.

In other words: I have the feeling, even when idling it would very slowly discharge. My Macbook Pro kept the 100% even after weeks of use with the power supply. And it had only 90W not 180W.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Breadcrust View Post
    Hey, that sounds very nice.

Can you explain exactly what you have to do for this? What programs do you need what do you have to type in there. I'd really want to know.
    You can find a very detailed tutorial here. Props to User onjax.

For the GL502VS you can try to copy the curve I created, which I posted here.

Please be adviced though. You are fiddeling with the VCore of your machine which might cause damage to the components if done wrong. So try everything at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Breadcrust View Post
    I still get slight discharge. Now it doesn't show directly after gaming. For example if I play the forest on high settings or dragon's dogma. If I finish after 3 or 4 hours it doesn't show any signs of discharge. But then after two hours of just doing office stuff or watching Youtube it suddenly loses 1-2%. And sometimes even from watching a few hours of Youtube or Prime I still get discharge of 1-2% after restarting.

In other words: I have the feeling, even when idling it would very slowly discharge. My Macbook Pro kept the 100% even after weeks of use with the power supply. And it had only 90W not 180W.
    Yes and as I stated before that is quite normal. No laptop will keep the battery at 100 % all the time as this would wear out the battery pretty soon. Your GL502VS won't charge the battery up until it falls below 95 %. Of course you will see a few percents drop after a while, because batteries have a self drain even if they are just sitting on a shelf doing nothing. Don't worry about it.

ROG Member Array

You can find a very detailed tutorial here. Props to User onjax.

For the GL502VS you can try to copy the curve I created, which I posted here.

Please be adviced though. You are fiddeling with the VCore of your machine which might cause damage to the components if done wrong. So try everything at your own risk.

Thanks. At the moment it's fine because the games I play recently don't seem to drain the battery. Only with Watchdogs 2 it was really bad but I refunded it because the game itself was just really bad (and poorly optimized). But if the problem occurs with other games I will try it out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I know what you mean. The two games which creeped my out were Watchdogs 2 as well and Dishonored 2. With my new UV setup both games are running greatly improved.
    Last edited by apemonkeychimp; 02-02-2017 at 10:44 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I've try to unplug the battery and... its destroy my day. A bit of. Battery are not replaceable... So I kind rip it off... and all battery connections... u just can't plug it back in. I have read the whole thread about drain issue... And one guy said that he do the test with battery and without battery. No idea how he perform it. Maybe theres a way to turn it off in BIOS. Screw it. Hate Asus now for giving me this problem. Will go to service center... Probably they can change the battery... But its still... will drain.

P.S. Actually theres a way to unplug it... Kinda tricky one. I just found out it, but only with a battery in my hand......
    I just did Heave Benchmark. Without battery. All on ultra + extreme tesselation. Slight drop from 2100-2150 points to 1990. But CPU dependent games... for example - The Division. Noticeable framedrop. Not enough power for CPU. System cut CPU. Not GPU.
    If do CPU stress test without GPU - CPU performs well. IF both - system cut CPU.
    Last edited by rusinc; 02-02-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast