Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

ROG Member Array

GL502VS Discharging while Plugged-in

Hi,

I have got the new GL502VS with the 1070 gtx in it.
    After reading a few topics in other forums I saw that some people complains about the battery - saying that it keeps discharging while connected to the charger.
    Then, I noticed that it happens for me too.
    It's not a big deal, but around 8% in an hour of playing Mafia 3.

Do you guys aware to this problem?
    Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks.

MODERATOR NOTE. Please see this post from June:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post658857
    Last edited by xeromist; 11-07-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: link to Bahz's post

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Hello ido505
    I've passed this issue to our related personnel
    I'l reply as soon as I have more information on this matter
    Thank you for your inquiry

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@ASUS View Post
    Hello ido505
    I've passed this issue to our related personnel
    I'l reply as soon as I have more information on this matter
    Thank you for your inquiry

Thank you!
    Waiting for your answer!

ROG Member Array

I've been having this same issue as well with the GL502vs-db71. Seems like the power supply is not providing enough power (think it is a 180W - don't have the laptop with me)

Played League of Legends for about 2 hours, saw a 5% decrease in battery while plugged in (on "High Performance" setting under power control). Also, I turned off my computer this morning while plugged in (at 99%) and came home to it at 97%. Not sure if this is normal.\

Update: Played Assassin's Creed Syndicate for about an hour on ultra. Battery drain brought me down to 94% while plugged in.
    Last edited by CrimsonPhoenix7; 11-12-2016 at 04:13 AM.

New ROGer Array

The CPU and GPU temp

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPhoenix7 View Post
    I've been having this same issue as well with the GL502vs-db71. Seems like the power supply is not providing enough power (think it is a 180W - don't have the laptop with me)

Played League of Legends for about 2 hours, saw a 5% decrease in battery while plugged in (on "High Performance" setting under power control). Also, I turned off my computer this morning while plugged in (at 99%) and came home to it at 97%. Not sure if this is normal.\

Update: Played Assassin's Creed Syndicate for about an hour on ultra. Battery drain brought me down to 94% while plugged in.
    I've recently installed Assassin's Creed Syndicate and noticed two things : 1) the game can't run at full screen.( I had to run the game in windowed mode cause when it was on full screen, it was zoomed in like 300%, literally unplayable.) I selected the borderless fullsceen and it worked.
    2) CPU and GPU both hit 83+ when i play the game on 1080p and not even on ultra ( everything's on high ).
    did any of these happen to you as well ?
    btw I use a GL502VS.
    Thanks in advance for you reply.

New ROGer Array

No more than an hour and a half

Hi. I wanted to ask how long the battery lasts without being connected to the current without playing?
    Is that my Lapatop Asus GL502VS does not last more than 1 hour and a half without playing. Just being in the browser watching video and using Photoshop. I already sent the Laptop to the technical service and I have it again with me.
    On the service sheet he says he was tested for stress and replaced the battery. But since I got there it's still the same, it lasted no more than an hour and a half.
    My exact model is GL502VS-FI034T comes with the screen in 4k resolution. I spoke again with the technical service and they tell me that automatic updates install generic drivers and return it to the factory state, disable automatic updates. I did it and it's exactly the same. I do not know what to do, I really like the laptop but I feel that in support of Asus Mexico did not do anything. What do you recommend that I do?

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ido505 View Post
    Thank you!
    Waiting for your answer!
    Hello ido505
    I've PM you a message, please check your inbox, thank you

ROG Member Array

Hey Bill@ASUS,

Can you please share the resolution with the other folks having this issue? I've been having the same problem and would like to know more.

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@ASUS View Post
    Hello ido505
    I've PM you a message, please check your inbox, thank you
    Are you kidding with us right ? I have same notebook . I have exact same problem and waiting for exact same fix . PM me too . We all want to know solution . We deserve it at least .

ROG Member Array

I've talked to quite a few people, some reviewers and some understand a thing or two about gaming laptops.
    They assumed this "issue" was intended and known.
    Why did ASUS leave it that way? Portability. The 240watt adapter is bigger. (Personally I wouldn't care)

Alienware had the same issue with the 970m GPU. They just replaced all the customer's 180watt adapters to 240watt adapters.
    I have no idea why ASUS are not doing the same. It should be possible and it shouldn't harm the laptop itself (I'm not an ASUS engineer, I'm just an electrical engineering student so don't trust me)

Well, that's just their assumption...
    Anyhow, I encourage those who bought this laptop and experiencing this issue to return the laptop for a refund and get another laptop.
    That's what I did and although I'm stuck with a 3 years old non gaming DELL laptop, I do not regret this a bit.

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast