Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the detailed problem description. It can really help when the problem is not very obvious or easy to catch.

Yes, not sure how much more effort you want to put into it, but the G752VSK is not officially known to have a battery drain issue on the ASUS side, so you probably would need to work with your local ASUS support to show them how to catch the issue which they could hopefully find a solution for once they do.
    Expect you are using the original ASUS AC adapter, but something to check. If the notebook still sees the adapter plugged in when the draining occurs though, it doesn't sound like it would be related to the AC adapter.

I don't remember any other G752VSK customers reporting the same issue, but if you're interested, you may want to create a separate post about it so it doesn't get lost with these GL502VS cases. Since the G752VSK is a larger unit, most people may leave it plugged in most of the time or not be as concerned about the battery and using it on battery power?

Not sure if it could be a problem with just your one unit, but doesn't sound too easy to catch, so hard to say.
    If you're under warranty and decided to send it back for repair though, might not be easy to get the technicians to spend 3 hours playing games to try to catch it, so if you find that it also occurs running some programs or benchmarks unattended, be sure to pass this along for repair to try.
    Hi Albert and thank you for the reply. I may post a new thread out of curiosity. I always use the laptop plugged in with the original battery ADP-230EB T. I am under warranty but I have this unit running great with WIN 10 CU and have never had any issues with the latest GEForce game ready drivers (currently 388.31)...so this issue is not enough for me to start from scratch, it's an annoyance...

Hello guyz after reading all of the comments above. I also have the same battery drain issue on My Asus gl502vs-fi144t. It has a 230watt break
    Input for battery 100-240v - 3.2A and out put is 19.5v-11.8A=230watts.

So with this new battery i also have the batter drain and i also have the latest bios version. Some one in the post mintion that the gpu is getting 120watt to 125watt. That thats true. I tuned my laptop yesterday whole night, and i finally fixed it by some tuning with the help of these softwares while gaming. I am mentioning softwares and tuning fix for gl502vs but do this whole procedure on your own risk.

1) Instal XTU and what i did is to under volt my kabylak cpu to -0.130V ( volts ).
    2) Install HWINFO64. IT will show you all you system hardware details.
    3) Install MSI afterburner latest version and latest version of RTS.
    4) Now what you have to do is to reduce the power consumption of your GPU 1070. We will achieve this by voltage curve editor in MSI afterburner.
    5) enable RTS in game overlay to show fps, gpu clock speed, processor temps, gpu voltage, gpu temp, gpu power consumption.
    6) RTS will only show these values in your game. All the arguments will be coming from HWINFO64. Open HWINFO64 and all the attributes you wanna show in you game are in HWINFO64. Right click on the attribute you wanna show while gaming click on the OSD (RTS) option. Now window will be appeared check Show value in OSD and Show label in OSD and selection position for the attribute. You are done with the software now.
    7) Start tuning your laptop now. Set the voltage curve. I am attaching the images. So you guyz can have more idea. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTS-overlay.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	69094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voltage-curve.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	69095.

Well i am looking forward for the new bios update from ASUS.
    Last edited by mero234; 11-20-2017 at 09:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

During gaming on graphic maxed games, the battery graph shows that Charge rate is negative and it oscilate from ~ - 1000mW - - 2500mW - With DC Adapter plugged in.

It's the difference that DC cant take on and it drains it from battery...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos j.jpg  

Last edited by mar_ga; 11-21-2017 at 11:25 AM.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy I have got ROG GL702VM. Same prob. Plugged in Discharging.

HI Asus,

I'm curious here. My laptop show 100% discharging while its plugged in. Any Reasons? B.T.W battery drains normally from 100% after I plug out.
    I've attached the screenshot of the issue. I hope you guys help me!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Untitled-1.jpg  

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by devinhayes View Post
    HI Asus,

I'm curious here. My laptop show 100% discharging while its plugged in. Any Reasons? B.T.W battery drains normally from 100% after I plug out.
    I've attached the screenshot of the issue. I hope you guys help me!
    It won't keep charging once it hits 100%. That's not good for the battery. The issue described here is that the battery actually discharges significantly (below 90%) while plugged in and does not recharge.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Hi Asus team,

I have tested my gl502vs-fi144t while gaming. When i set GPU voltage to 0.8v and GPU clock speed to 1760mh it stops discharging while gaming, during game my WiFi is on, back lights and LCD brightness is max.

But on default settings it (take almost 1.30v and clock speed is 2000mh almost) discharges the battery -1 t0 -3watts and when i overclock it the discharging increases significantly.

The discharge ratio may increase below 90%, I didn't measure it but according to current situation it will increase from -5 to -10watts below 90%.

Kindly come up with some solution for this issue. As i dint buy the Asus laptop in my life. That is my first one and i really love it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mero234 View Post
    Hi Asus team,

I have tested my gl502vs-fi144t while gaming. When i set GPU voltage to 0.8v and GPU clock speed to 1760mh it stops discharging while gaming, during game my WiFi is on, back lights and LCD brightness is max.

But on default settings it (take almost 1.30v and clock speed is 2000mh almost) discharges the battery -1 t0 -3watts and when i overclock it the discharging increases significantly.

The discharge ratio may increase below 90%, I didn't measure it but according to current situation it will increase from -5 to -10watts below 90%.

Kindly come up with some solution for this issue. As i dint buy the Asus laptop in my life. That is my first one and i really love it.

It's very nice from You that You working on solution to help others too.
    But its not the point.

I bought my laptop to use it's full performance. It's no sense to undervolt laptop components. By the way messing around with components voltage can void your warranty.

MasterC said to me that ASUS working on a solution and SOON they will annunce it publicly. It was week ago.
    We will see..........

Btw. recently i readed about new Surface Book 2 with GTX 1060 - it has exactly the same problem - it discharge while plugged in.
    It look like more companies saves on AC adapters/components ...Or they underestimated new GTXs power consumption
    src : https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/21/...gaming-issues/

Shame.
    Last edited by mar_ga; 11-30-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by mar_ga View Post
    MasterC said to me that ASUS working on a solution and SOON they will annunce it publicly. It was week ago.
    We will see..........
    fyi.
    Not much I can say about this on my end, so will just wait for MasterC, but if necessary, just wanted to remind you that any solutions for the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu probably aren't going to help if you have the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu (GL502VSK), so something you may want make clear when you discuss or request solutions.

Thanks and hope this makes sense.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    fyi.
    Not much I can say about this on my end, so will just wait for MasterC, but if necessary, just wanted to remind you that any solutions for the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu probably aren't going to help if you have the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu (GL502VSK), so something you may want make clear when you discuss or request solutions.

Thanks and hope this makes sense.
    It's obvious that it's all about too weak PSU. i6 or i7 or GTX 1060 or GTX1070 - all will drain battery when no adequant PSU adapter will be provided.
    OR PCB cant pass that much voltage. The fix for all models with any component's should/will be the same... ( i think - its so simple )

New ROGer Array

I am having the same issue with the discharging. I would be playing FFXIV for a long time and when I came out, I saw that I was way low. Discharge was still evident after latest BIOS, just not as aggresive. My problem is now twofold. I unplugged the laptop and charger and moved the laptop from the living room to my room. I went to go plug it in for some more testing since I finally had the time to do so, but now the AC adapter fails to provide power. The LED light comes on but slowly dims. If I plug it into the laptop, the LED shuts off. The only time I can get a charge is when I leave the PC side plugged in and plug in the adapter to the power. The PC charge light lights up for about three seconds, the shuts off. After seeing the posts here, I was hoping I would be lucky and have no further issues, but that does not appear to be the case. I called support and they told me I need an RMA. I don't want to send it in just to have it come back with more issues or the original issue present. I already exchanged the laptop once with Amazon.com since my first unit was burning hot.

What can I do? I see that these discharging cases have all been escalated RMA's. i have a GL502VS-DS71 if it makes a difference. I love ASUS desktop components, which is why I bought a ROG laptop hoping it would be a similar experience, but it's been lackluster to this point so far.

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast