Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by carlotti View Post
    i have a GL502VS-DS71 if it makes a difference.
    fyi.

Please confirm on your end if necessary, but showing on my end the GL502VS-DS71 comes with the 7th gen. i7-7700HQ which unfortunately, ASUS HQ has not recognized to have the battery draining issue and is not providing our local office more options to resolve those cases compared to the GL502VS model with 6th gen. Intel cpu which we've heard with the problem with more.

Want to make sure you were running the latest bios though and the battery charge was dropping below 90% while plugged in since it's normal if the battery charge drops to 90%, but not normal that it drops lower.

Anyway, check with your local ASUS support if necessary, but expecting they may only be able to offer the RMA option right now for this GL502VS model with Intel 7th gen. cpu (internally known in ASUS as GL502VSK).
    Customers with the GL502VS 6th gen. cpu and battery draining issues should get more options when discussing with their local ASUS support.

If you do decide to RMA, be sure to mention the battery drain issue too and how to catch it so repair can hopefully check it and confirm they don't see the problem after repairs are completed or report to HQ if they aren't able to fix it.

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post

If you do decide to RMA, be sure to mention the battery drain issue too and how to catch it so repair can hopefully check it and confirm they don't see the problem after repairs are completed or report to HQ if they aren't able to fix it.

Thanks.
    I don't really have a choice if the AC adapter isn't working.... How many others with the GL502VSK have reported this issue? Because it definitely is a thing.

Super Moderator Array

I don't really have a choice if the AC adapter isn't working.... How many others with the GL502VSK have reported this issue? Because it definitely is a thing.
    If you check this thread alone, remember 3 or 4 confirmed reports from GL502VSK customers although many people may not even know which version they have.
    It appears most of the customers in this thread reporting this issue have the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu though, and it will require more investigation to find out what is going on with the GL502VSK model.

Anyway, hopefully repair can check it more with your help or solve it if you send back the unit.

New ROGer Array

fyi.

Please confirm on your end if necessary, but showing on my end the GL502VS-DS71 comes with the 7th gen. i7-7700HQ which unfortunately, ASUS HQ has not recognized to have the battery draining issue and is not providing our local office more options to resolve those cases compared to the GL502VS model with 6th gen. Intel cpu which we've heard with the problem with more.

Want to make sure you were running the latest bios though and the battery charge was dropping below 90% while plugged in since it's normal if the battery charge drops to 90%, but not normal that it drops lower.

Anyway, check with your local ASUS support if necessary, but expecting they may only be able to offer the RMA option right now for this GL502VS model with Intel 7th gen. cpu (internally known in ASUS as GL502VSK).
    Customers with the GL502VS 6th gen. cpu and battery draining issues should get more options when discussing with their local ASUS support.

Thanks.

With full respect. But i smell only lies here.
    As u noticed battery drain is also VSK users problem and it's not the first person who informing You (ASUS) about it. Ther's pleny complains about it (VSK) model too.

You said : ASUS HQ has not recognized to VSK have the battery draining issue - i can only say WT* ? Common user is able to notice battery drain issue during simple playing some games and Your HQ can't recognize it ? REALLLY ?! ASUS PLEASE. ( apart from the fact that a lot of people inform you about it )

How come You said ASUS HQ didnt recognize it ,when my local ASUS said to me that ASUS HQ knows the problem and working on a solution (?!)

It's all mess. One company , one problem - and every employee has it's own " LEGIT " information about it....
    I never saw such a mess with support.

One more thing You said : ..should get more options when discussing with their local ASUS support... - what's the options ? Could You share them with Us ?
    What can be a option when You dont have fix for it ? Is there possibility to get a full refund ? or replace to another model ?
    Last edited by mar_ga; 12-07-2017 at 09:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

If you check this thread alone, remember 3 or 4 confirmed reports from GL502VSK customers although many people may not even know which version they have.
    It appears most of the customers in this thread reporting this issue have the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu though, and it will require more investigation to find out what is going on with the GL502VSK model.

Anyway, hopefully repair can check it more with your help or solve it if you send back the unit.
    I have already created the RMA via the automated service and will be sending it back this Saturday, hopefully. Feel kind of jaded when I have to pay for the shipping myself though. But them's the breaks. What I really am worried about is the "hopefully repair can check it more with your help or solve it if you send back the unit." Seeing the word 'hopefully' doesn't inspire much confidence within me.

Super Moderator Array

I have already created the RMA via the automated service and will be sending it back this Saturday, hopefully. Feel kind of jaded when I have to pay for the shipping myself though. But them's the breaks. What I really am worried about is the "hopefully repair can check it more with your help or solve it if you send back the unit." Seeing the word 'hopefully' doesn't inspire much confidence within me.
    Believe your unit should be eligible for free 2-way shipping, so if you requested the RMA through email, you may want to call or chat with ASUS support to request the pre-paid ground shipping label if necessary.

Yes, unfortunately, this issue probably is not very easy for repair catch, so if you have any easy step-by-step instructions, let us know and include them with the unit.
    Don't think the techs can normally play games for hours at a time, so will running something like the FFXIV demo for 3 or 4 hours will show it?
    If we need to attach an external monitor or other devices etc., be sure to let us know.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Anyway, expect we may need to continue investigating this issue with the GL502VSK model.
    Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Believe your unit should be eligible for free 2-way shipping, so if you requested the RMA through email, you may want to call or chat with ASUS support to request the pre-paid ground shipping label if necessary.

Yes, unfortunately, this issue probably is not very easy for repair catch, so if you have any easy step-by-step instructions, let us know and include them with the unit.
    Don't think the techs can normally play games for hours at a time, so will running something like the FFXIV demo for 3 or 4 hours will show it?
    If we need to attach an external monitor or other devices etc., be sure to let us know.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Anyway, expect we may need to continue investigating this issue with the GL502VSK model.
    Thanks.
    I tried that, but it won't loop long enough to experience the issue.

With that said, thank you for the suggestion to contact Support. They sent me a shipping label as you mentioned. With that said, I think that is something that should be handled with the automatic RMA process.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by mar_ga View Post
    With full respect. But i smell only lies here.
    As u noticed battery drain is also VSK users problem and it's not the first person who informing You (ASUS) about it. Ther's pleny complains about it (VSK) model too.
    Thanks for your post and apologize for any misunderstanding.

Just so everyone knows, I work for the ASUS U.S. office and not ASUS HQ, so cannot speak for other regions and may not always know all HQ's plans which is why I suggest checking with your local ASUS support too if you cannot get any updates from HQ.
    I believe some of the misunderstanding is because the solutions/options mentioned so far have been for the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu and not the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu (GL502VSK), so you don't want to treat both models in the same way and should clarify this when it's necessary.

Bahz from HQ confirmed this on 09-25-2017 at post #624 as below.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-Plugged-in/page63
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Just for clarification as Cl-Albert brought to my attention that I misread the message from Jereyo. This thread is for GL502VS only, GL502VSK is unrelated to any information posted in this thread. We have no confirmed reports that shows GL502VSK has the same discharging issue as reported for GL502VS.

You said : ASUS HQ has not recognized to VSK have the battery draining issue - i can only say WT* ? Common user is able to notice battery drain issue during simple playing some games and Your HQ can't recognize it ? REALLLY ?! ASUS PLEASE. ( apart from the fact that a lot of people inform you about it )

How come You said ASUS HQ didnt recognize it ,when my local ASUS said to me that ASUS HQ knows the problem and working on a solution (?!)

It's all mess. One company , one problem - and every employee has it's own " LEGIT " information about it....
    I never saw such a mess with support.
    You probably want to discuss with HQ or your local support since I can't speak for your region, but yes, my understanding is that if you tell them you have the GL502VS with 6th gen cpu and the battery drain problem, they should be able to make some arrangements to your satisfaction.

If you tell them you have the GL502VS with 7th gen . cpu (GL502VSK) with battery drain problem, they will probably tell the issue has not been confirmed on the GL502VSK by HQ, so will need to investigate with you further.
    If necessary, please check with them and let us know if you hear anything differently and don't forget to mention you have the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu or GL502VSK!

One more thing You said : ..should get more options when discussing with their local ASUS support... - what's the options ? Could You share them with Us ?
    What can be a option when You dont have fix for it ? Is there possibility to get a full refund ? or replace to another model ?
    Sorry, don't want to say what arrangements we have in the U.S. region in case other regions don't have the same arrangements, but if you don't like what you hear from your local ASUS support for the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu, suggest discussing with HQ too who may be able to help (U.S. and Canadian customers may want to contact me too).
    There isn't any hardware fix currently for the GL502VS 6th gen. cpu to solve the battery draining issue that I am aware of though, so other arrangements need to be made.

With the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu, don't expect HQ will be able to provide as much assistance, but probably doesn't hurt to ask or check.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 12-08-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Super Moderator Array

I tried that, but it won't loop long enough to experience the issue.
    There is an option to endlessly loop that demo, but not expecting it will show the problem because we tried it on the GL502VS 6th gen. cpu models at our U.S. office and didn't see the battery drain issue with that benchmark endlessly looping.

Anyway, not sure how long you want repair to hold or check your notebook, but if necessary, you may just want to mention clearly what repair should do to catch the issue (external monitor, devices, etc?) although they may or may not have the same games to try, etc.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mero234 View Post
    Hello guyz after reading all of the comments above. I also have the same battery drain issue on My Asus gl502vs-fi144t. It has a 230watt break
    Input for battery 100-240v - 3.2A and out put is 19.5v-11.8A=230watts.

So with this new battery i also have the batter drain and i also have the latest bios version. Some one in the post mintion that the gpu is getting 120watt to 125watt. That thats true. I tuned my laptop yesterday whole night, and i finally fixed it by some tuning with the help of these softwares while gaming. I am mentioning softwares and tuning fix for gl502vs but do this whole procedure on your own risk.

1) Instal XTU and what i did is to under volt my kabylak cpu to -0.130V ( volts ).
    2) Install HWINFO64. IT will show you all you system hardware details.
    3) Install MSI afterburner latest version and latest version of RTS.
    4) Now what you have to do is to reduce the power consumption of your GPU 1070. We will achieve this by voltage curve editor in MSI afterburner.
    5) enable RTS in game overlay to show fps, gpu clock speed, processor temps, gpu voltage, gpu temp, gpu power consumption.
    6) RTS will only show these values in your game. All the arguments will be coming from HWINFO64. Open HWINFO64 and all the attributes you wanna show in you game are in HWINFO64. Right click on the attribute you wanna show while gaming click on the OSD (RTS) option. Now window will be appeared check Show value in OSD and Show label in OSD and selection position for the attribute. You are done with the software now.
    7) Start tuning your laptop now. Set the voltage curve. I am attaching the images. So you guyz can have more idea. Attachment 69094Attachment 69095.

Well i am looking forward for the new bios update from ASUS.
    What scores do you get in Unigine Valley with stock and after changes? Can you test out please?

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast