Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mar_ga View Post
    It's very nice from You that You working on solution to help others too.
    But its not the point.

I bought my laptop to use it's full performance. It's no sense to undervolt laptop components. By the way messing around with components voltage can void your warranty.

MasterC said to me that ASUS working on a solution and SOON they will annunce it publicly. It was week ago.
    We will see..........

Btw. recently i readed about new Surface Book 2 with GTX 1060 - it has exactly the same problem - it discharge while plugged in.
    It look like more companies saves on AC adapters/components ...Or they underestimated new GTXs power consumption
    src : https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/21/...gaming-issues/

Shame.

Keep on dreaming, I'm like 1 year on this thread, so far no solutions were given by ASUS, just 2 BIOS updates with no improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Bahz reported back in June that they would not be able to do a complete motherboard fix for everyone. Please see his post here:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post658857

What are the chances of replacing my unit GL502VS 180w, bought 1 year ago, changed countries since then ( both in EU ) replaced the thermal paste,replaced and drilled the bottom of the laptop for more air intake, didn't touch the hardware at all. You think my unit can be replaced in its current state with another ROG laptop of similar specs that has no draining battery or performance problems?
    Last edited by Ymzuki; 12-31-2017 at 08:13 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    There is an option to endlessly loop that demo, but not expecting it will show the problem because we tried it on the GL502VS 6th gen. cpu models at our U.S. office and didn't see the battery drain issue with that benchmark endlessly looping.

Anyway, not sure how long you want repair to hold or check your notebook, but if necessary, you may just want to mention clearly what repair should do to catch the issue (external monitor, devices, etc?) although they may or may not have the same games to try, etc.

Got my laptop back from repair last night. All they did was replace the brick itself. Battery drain still present. After 3 hours of idling in Ghost Recon Wildlands, I am down to 85%. I am going to try and actually play to stress the laptop a little further but as of right now, it is still a thing.In case other want to try, I am in a small helicopter idling over Campo Ana at 793m. I am over the river at the bottom of the U shape of the river over looking down over the town. Took about 3 hours to drop down by 15% at idle.

The only thing connected other than power is a razer naga mouse.

Maybe if I stress it more, then the laptop will compensate, but I am doubtful.
    Last edited by carlotti; 01-04-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by carlotti View Post
    Got my laptop back from repair last night. All they did was replace the brick itself. Battery drain still present. After 3 hours of idling in Ghost Recon Wildlands, I am down to 85%. I am going to try and actually play to stress the laptop a little further but as of right now, it is still a thing.In case other want to try, I am in a small helicopter idling over Campo Ana at 793m. I am over the river at the bottom of the U shape of the river over looking down over the town. Took about 3 hours to drop down by 15% at idle.

The only thing connected other than power is a razer naga mouse.

Maybe if I stress it more, then the laptop will compensate, but I am doubtful.
    Thanks for the update and honestly not sure what the best course of action for you will be or what options would work for you.
    For whatever reason there have seem to be fewer battery draining reports on the GL502VSK with 7th gen. cpu compared to the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu and still have not heard that HQ has been able to duplicate the problem or recognizes any battery drain problem (below 90% while plugged in) with the GL502VSK .
    There is a service related area in the ROG forums that you can post to, but again, not sure what will happen if HQ can't catch the problem on their end (maybe you can ask if an edited video would help?).
    If you're interested in this, I can include the link if you don't already have it.

Doesn't appear to be too likely, but if you are able to find an easy way for ASUS repair to catch or duplicate the problem, be sure to pass that along if you have any plans to send back your notebook again for repair.
    You can also continue working with your local ASUS support as well as others on the ROG forums of course.
    Good luck!

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the update and honestly not sure what the best course of action for you will be or what options would work for you.
    For whatever reason there have seem to be fewer battery draining reports on the GL502VSK with 7th gen. cpu compared to the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu and still have not heard that HQ has been able to duplicate the problem or recognizes any battery drain problem (below 90% while plugged in) with the GL502VSK .
    There is a service related area in the ROG forums that you can post to, but again, not sure what will happen if HQ can't catch the problem on their end (maybe you can ask if an edited video would help?).
    If you're interested in this, I can include the link if you don't already have it.

Doesn't appear to be too likely, but if you are able to find an easy way for ASUS repair to catch or duplicate the problem, be sure to pass that along if you have any plans to send back your notebook again for repair.
    You can also continue working with your local ASUS support as well as others on the ROG forums of course.
    Good luck!
    If it is doing the same thing as the 6th gen, why isn't there a course of action with the 7th gen? It may not be happening to others or they may not be noticing it but it is still a thing. I noticed Amazon pulled the laptop from sale where I originally purchased it, and it is only available from a third party now. I can send it back but when does the back and forth actually end? When I sent it in, I advised what the two issues were but it sounds like they replaced the battery pack and called it a day.

Edit: Meant to ask for said link please, and thanks again.
    Last edited by carlotti; 01-04-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask for link.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by carlotti View Post
    If it is doing the same thing as the 6th gen, why isn't there a course of action with the 7th gen? It may not be happening to others or they may not be noticing it but it is still a thing. I noticed Amazon pulled the laptop from sale where I originally purchased it, and it is only available from a third party now. I can send it back but when does the back and forth actually end? When I sent it in, I advised what the two issues were but it sounds like they replaced the battery pack and called it a day.

Edit: Meant to ask for said link please, and thanks again.
    The GL50VSK with 7th gen. cpu was redesigned to use the 230W adapter vs. the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu and 180W adapter, so assume everyone at ASUS HQ didn't expect there would be any battery drain issues with the GL502VSK with 7th gen. cpu.

Anyway, since you sent in the unit for RMA, you may want to post on the ROG forums at the link below to let HQ know (HQ monitors this site) the problem was still not resolved after your RMA and see if there is any better course of action.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?295

Don't know if it will work any better, but if you continue to work with the local ASUS support, sometimes they may work out something with you independently of HQ although at this point can't be very sure what will happen.
    Also, if there is an easy way to provide some video evidence, it may help your cause since it would be difficult to say the problem isn't happening when we can see a video of it although you probably want to do some editing to keep it watchable.

New ROGer Array

You can also continue working with your local ASUS support as well as others on the ROG forums of course. Good luck!
    This is hilarius. This tells You everything. LOL
    You can really work it with you local asus by the next YEAR like this thread - and you will only get vague explanations.
    Don't worry - they won't fix it. They should give You new PCB or whole new LAPTOP - but that probably won't happen,
    They won't give stronger PSU brick beacause laptop would reach temperatures >100 deg.C and this would be even worse than discharging battery.
    You all can only downclock your GPU/CPU and make this amazing GAMING MACHINE less effective.

All 502VS/VSK are badly designed. And i should not even put up for sale.

Honestly if ther'll be no update soon - i will never ever spend any more penny at ASUS products and will advise everyone around the same.

as the Albert said. GOOD LUCK ! You will need it.
    Last edited by mar_ga; 01-05-2018 at 01:37 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have an ASUS GL502VSK and I am experiencing the exact same discharging issue

I just wanted to post on this and give my story because I have an ASUS GL502VSK and I too am having the same exact discharging while plugged in gaming. I have played multiple different games such as GTA Online, War Thunder, Escape From Tarkov, Battlefield 4, Rising Storm 2 Vietnam and all of them have discharged past 90% while plugged in and gaming and the battery icon says plugged in discharging. in one instance GTA Online discharged all the way to 80% after a couple of hours of constant gameplay. I just also want to note that before some of the more recent updates to windows and graphic drivers I would be able to minimize the game and believe it or not staying minimized and say web browsing for 15 mins would actually allow the battery to recharge a bit. what is odd however is that sometimes this happens sometimes this does not happen with regards to the discharging while plugged in gaming not the recharge while the game is minimized. However, while it sometimes does not do this it seems like it 99% of the time it will discharge regardless.

Now I am in a bit of a predicament because I bought my computer from the microsoft store near me in FL via an exchange program that my warranty covered. i initially had the GL502VS and the issue was rampant as everyone here knows and I am in a big predicament as seeing I already used my replacement with them I cannot replace the computer any further. I would greatly appreciate it if say ASUS USA would work with me because microsoft has been utterly useless in dealing with the issue.

ROG Member Array

Hello all. Just wondering if the 303 bios fixed the battery drain issue for those with the I7 version of the*GL502VS? I'm still seeing some battery drain on mine while under load and not undervolted.
    Last edited by Macra; 01-13-2018 at 12:52 AM.

New ROGer Array

did bios 303 fix issue

Quote Originally Posted by Macra View Post
    Hello all. Just wondering if the 303 bios fixed the battery drain issue for those with the I7 version of the*GL502VS? I'm still seeing some battery drain on mine while under load and not undervolted.

just wondering do you have the gl502vsk with the i7 7700hq cause if you do i do as well and i have bios 303 and the discharging is still happening with that

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by zsherman51590 View Post
    just wondering do you have the gl502vsk with the i7 7700hq cause if you do i do as well and i have bios 303 and the discharging is still happening with that
    Yes, it is still happening. Ghost recon is a great game to test it on. As long as your laptop isnt throttling due to high heat, the game runs beautifully but the battery will drain.

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast