Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Anyone have anymore info on the issue? I have the I7 version of the GL502VS with about 1 month left on my warranty. The battery drain happens even with undervolting, newest BIOs and larger power brick. Currently I am at 83% battery while playing Dead by Daylight. Has every just decided to bite the bullet and have ASUS done nothing to help the situation? I'm also wondering if anyone has joined together for compensation from ASUS in the form of a class action lawsuit or such?

ROG Enthusiast Array

As ASUS have announced no technical fix or commitment to fix the root issue, I have not had the confidence in sending the laptop back (especially when the laptop is with me now in Europe instead of Australia (my original point of purchase)).

Regarding the class-action, this was posted a while back:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ion#post672539

This issue has highlighted the commitment to customer satisfaction from ASUS - I am not impressed.*

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
    As ASUS have announced no technical fix or commitment to fix the root issue, I have not had the confidence in sending the laptop back (especially when the laptop is with me now in Europe instead of Australia (my original point of purchase)).

Regarding the class-action, this was posted a while back:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ion#post672539

This issue has highlighted the commitment to customer satisfaction from ASUS - I am not impressed.*
    I'll be calling in to support tomorrow but I fully expect to have no resolution to the problem, just as everyone else has come upon. I am very wary of sending my laptop into be serviced, as from what I've read ASUS "cannot reproduce the battery drainage" and haven't actually fixed the problem for anyone. Going without a laptop for weeks and not having the problem solved doesn't really do anything for me. Has anyone noticed this problem being fixed by the service station work? All I've seen are negative reports, some people report of their power brick being replaced, which does nothing.. This is the second ASUS laptop I've owned in my life time that has failed on me. The first that I had sent in for repairs had a fried GPU, due to poor cooling. ASUS fix was to install a lesser GPU then I had bought, which produced less heat but also made the laptop obsolete before its time. I should have learned my lesson the first time.

ROG Member Array

Update on my problem... Seems to involve using an external monitor. Without my external monitor my battery stays charged above 90% easily.

Hello, i have the same issue G752VS(KBL)-BA266T

I have the same issue , i have updated all drivers from support webpage for my Model G752VSK and nothin', the same problem...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Plugged in, discharging.jpg  

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by LeXCode View Post
    I have the same issue , i have updated all drivers from support webpage for my Model G752VSK and nothin', the same problem...
    Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot.

If the battery charge is above 95% though, it's usually normal and not uncommon to see the battery stop charging once it reaches 100% as mentioned in the FAQ below.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012793

The GL502VS/GL502VSK customers in this thread are reporting the battery charge dropping below 94% though while plugged in which isn't normal though, so a different issue than the 'normal battery discharging while plugged in' (above 95%) issue.

Hope this make sense.

Edit 3/14/18: Forgot the GL502VS and GL502VSK models may drain to 90% with the latest bios while plugged in, so on these models it wouldn't be normal to drain below 90% while plugged in.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 03-14-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Hello and thx for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot.

If the battery charge is above 95% though, it's usually normal and not uncommon to see the battery stop charging once it reaches 100% as mentioned in the FAQ below.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012793

The GL502VS/GL502VSK customers in this thread are reporting the battery charge dropping below 94% though while plugged in which isn't normal though, so a different issue than the 'normal battery discharging while plugged in' (above 95%) issue.

Hope this make sense.
    P.s: I'll try to test it with games and i'll let you know.Thx and Regards.

New ROGer Array

Unfortunately, the issue is still there. My motherboard was replaced and the issue did not go away. My main game that I play and that I have been using as an example is Ghost Recon Wildlands. It drains past 90% and continues to drain like a champ. At this point, my laptop has been in service including shipping for a month and a half, I think. And I have a very terrible feeling it is going to be gone for yet another 2 weeks when I get it back come Monday. All in all, I have been very disappointed and pretty depressed that I have not had access to my normal PC so having the laptop itself in and out of service has been pretty depressing as well. It doesn't help that the Service forums jerked me around for a month saying that they were going to help me, and then did nothing. I will be honest. At this point I would recommend you return your laptop to the point of sale and get something else. The past two generations of ASUS ROG laptops sound like they have just been bad business decisions this time around. Don't know if I would give ASUS a second chance later either. The GL502VS and GL502VSK were touted as one of the best 15.6 form factor laptops, but I have to beg to differ right now. This is of course personal opinion. Personally, I really love mine and the only regret is finding out about the discharge issue after the fact. Power issues is the last thing you want in a portable/mobile electronic device. Ask any Samsung Note7 owner, I loved mine but last thing I wanted was for it to burst in flames. lol, kind of.
    Last edited by carlotti; 03-23-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Service took longer than 2 weeks. Updated to 1 month

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by LeXCode View Post
    P.s: I'll try to test it with games and i'll let you know.Thx and Regards.
    Here is something you can do:

Download MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision OC. You want the RTSS server that comes with it. Next you want to download HWInfo that can be used with the RTSS. It should have instructions on how to get the On Screen Display to include the selected HWInfo you want. If you select the battery/power info, you will be able to display the power when it is in idle as well as when you are gaming On screen. You will notice the fact that the charge rate drops during gaming which is what is allowing the battery drain past the thresholds.

EDIT: During Idle, you will have to look at the HWInfo application. During gaming, it should default to the upper left corner.

New ROGer Array

joining in

Hey, just joining in, I have the same issue even when not playing a game but using multi monitors (1 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 Wireless project to Roku) nothing really stressful Webex on the HDMI, PDF on the USB, simple workspace on the builtin display, and some IP Camera to monitor my dogs downstairs on the roku. The fans don't even kick on when I do this where The Witcher 3 will... I joined the class action suite.
    Last edited by Projectevaunit01; 03-23-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast