Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

And Asus's Responce

Quote Originally Posted by Projectevaunit01 View Post
    Hey, just joining in, I have the same issue even when not playing a game but using multi monitors (1 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 Wireless project to Roku) nothing really stressful Webex on the HDMI, PDF on the USB, simple workspace on the builtin display, and some IP Camera to monitor my dogs downstairs on the roku. The fans don't even kick on when I do this where The Witcher 3 will... I joined the class action suite.
    Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical support, my name is Adrian C. I hope you are having a wonderful day today.

I am very sorry that you are having this issue with the device battery draining . I understand how frustrating that can be, but I can definitely help in resolving this issue for you.
    This is a normal condition for battery protection, and there is no problem in either battery itself or charging function.

When battery is charged up to 100%, the notebook will automatically stop charging. At this time, battery will self-discharge very slowly owing to the chemical characteristics of Li-on battery even though the notebook doesn’t consume any battery power.
    The current design of ASUS Notebook comes with built-in RSOC (Reconfigurable SOC) and the purpose is to prolong the lifespan of the overall battery. Below description explain this phenomenon:

When the battery capacity is below 95% with AC adapter connected, the battery would be charged to 100% then stop charging.
    When the battery capacity drops from 100% down to 99%~95% with AC adapter connected, the battery would not charge until power level drops below 95%.
    When the battery capacity remained around 94% to 97%, battery would not charge with AC adapter connected. You can unplug and re-connect the adapter for several times to resume charging to 100.
    We value your business, thank you for being a part of the ASUS family.
    If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know, we will be more than happy to assist you.

New ROGer Array

Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical support, my name is Adrian C. I hope you are having a wonderful day today.

I am very sorry that you are having this issue with the device battery draining . I understand how frustrating that can be, but I can definitely help in resolving this issue for you.
    This is a normal condition for battery protection, and there is no problem in either battery itself or charging function.

When battery is charged up to 100%, the notebook will automatically stop charging. At this time, battery will self-discharge very slowly owing to the chemical characteristics of Li-on battery even though the notebook doesn’t consume any battery power.
    The current design of ASUS Notebook comes with built-in RSOC (Reconfigurable SOC) and the purpose is to prolong the lifespan of the overall battery. Below description explain this phenomenon:

When the battery capacity is below 95% with AC adapter connected, the battery would be charged to 100% then stop charging.
    When the battery capacity drops from 100% down to 99%~95% with AC adapter connected, the battery would not charge until power level drops below 95%.
    When the battery capacity remained around 94% to 97%, battery would not charge with AC adapter connected. You can unplug and re-connect the adapter for several times to resume charging to 100.
    We value your business, thank you for being a part of the ASUS family.
    If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know, we will be more than happy to assist you.
    The problems reported here are for the battery going past 90%. The laptop has been apparently designed to drop down to 90% but should start charging again at 90%, even give them 89% to be generous, back to 100%. There are those of us who experience this, but instead of charging back to 100%, it just keeps draining. BIOS updates help, but do not resolve the issue. The original BIOS I had was terrible, but going to 303 helped slow the draining, but the issue is still prevalent and provable. Using MSI Afterburner, actually the RTSS that comes with it, and HWInfo, you can see what the charge rate is and when gaming, it cuts the charge rate drastically.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by carlotti View Post
    The problems reported here are for the battery going past 90%. The laptop has been apparently designed to drop down to 90% but should start charging again at 90%, even give them 89% to be generous, back to 100%. There are those of us who experience this, but instead of charging back to 100%, it just keeps draining. BIOS updates help, but do not resolve the issue. The original BIOS I had was terrible, but going to 303 helped slow the draining, but the issue is still prevalent and provable. Using MSI Afterburner, actually the RTSS that comes with it, and HWInfo, you can see what the charge rate is and when gaming, it cuts the charge rate drastically.
    I am one of those people, that was just Asus's canned response to me not fully reading my support notes. I will drop into the 80's

New ROGer Array

I joined the class action suite.
    Is this even a thing?

I mean, in all honesty, if you bought the 502VSK, there is no better 15.6 laptop other than the ASUS Zephyrus 1080 Max-Q model. Unless people are trying to get their money back or something. I would be more than happy with just a non-draining past 90% 502vsk. I doubt this class action is going to go anywhere. Doesn't hurt to sign up I guess. I do think this drainage issue is legitimate, and should be properly addressed. It has been quite some time since the laptop came out.

New ROGer Array

I am one of those people, that was just Asus's canned response to me not fully reading my support notes. I will drop into the 80's
    Same, if it makes you feel better, I sent mine in for RMA for the drain and noted that the power brick went bad. They just replaced the brick and called it a day even though the RMA stated both issues.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by carlotti View Post
    Same, if it makes you feel better, I sent mine in for RMA for the drain and noted that the power brick went bad. They just replaced the brick and called it a day even though the RMA stated both issues.
    Yeah, it just sucks. I have two power bricks, one for travel and one at the desk and it does it on both. However I never tested to see if it does this while connected to a 220v outlet... I know it will just step it down but meh. As said above a few posts if its really just when the system is under load is draws 183 but the brick is only 180 then why doesn't Asus just upgrade the bricks and be done with this mess.

New ROGer Array

Yeah, it just sucks. I have two power bricks, one for travel and one at the desk and it does it on both. However I never tested to see if it does this while connected to a 220v outlet... I know it will just step it down but meh. As said above a few posts if its really just when the system is under load is draws 183 but the brick is only 180 then why doesn't Asus just upgrade the bricks and be done with this mess.
    If you have the Kaby Lake 7700HQ, you should have a 230 or 240 brick. Can't remember but it should be one of the two. If you have a GL502VS with the 6th Gen Intel, the brick is too small. I am not rep for ASUS, but you may want to ask them about getting you a new brick.

My philosophy with laptops and especially gaming laptops is that they are marketed for a certain customer at certain specs. It should run at the exepcted spec without the need for overclocking or underclocking. Same goes for voltage. When the laptop cannot do that, there is an issue. My PC has a slight OC and liquid cooling, but that is fine because it can be modded to handle these things. Laptops are different creatures, and most do not have the capability to freely mod and go crazy.

Super Moderator Array

Hi,

Unfortunately, a larger adapter doesn't help with the GL502VS with the 6th gen. cpu (like i7-6700HQ) which others have reported trying.
    It may be too late if you are no longer under warranty, but there should be other options which HQ has helped arrange as mentioned in the post below that you can pursue if you have the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu, so you may want to continue looking it if under warranty and let us know if there are any problems.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...charging-Issue

We also have the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu which internally we call the GL502VSK using a different motherboard as well as 230W adapter which HQ has not officially confirmed has the battery draining issue below 90%, so for any GL502VSK customers who are seeing this problem, it's up to the local offices to resolve this for customers.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 03-23-2018 at 08:22 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately, a larger adapter doesn't help with the GL502VS with the 6th gen. cpu (like i7-6700HQ) which others have reported trying.
    It may be too late if you are no longer under warranty, but there should be other options which HQ has helped arrange as mentioned in the post below that you can pursue if you have the GL502VS with 6th gen. cpu, so you may want to continue looking it if under warranty and let us know if there are any problems.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...charging-Issue

We also have the GL502VS with 7th gen. cpu which internally we call the GL502VSK using a different motherboard as well as 230W adapter which HQ has not officially confirmed has the battery draining issue below 90%, so for any GL502VSK customers who are seeing this problem, it's up to the local offices to resolve this for customers.
    Thanks.
    I got mine on 09/09/2016 and about 5 months in my USB ports failed and they replaced my MB but I do believe I am a 6th gen.

Super Moderator Array

I got mine on 09/09/2016 and about 5 months in my USB ports failed and they replaced my MB but I do believe I am a 6th gen.
    Yes, you should be able to tell from the cpu (or from the size of the original AC adapter wattage), but if you want to look into your 'other options', you may want to continue discussing with the call center although there could be an issue if you are no longer under warranty, so not sure what will happen with that.

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast