Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I've got a ticket out with ASUS support now.

I told them already that I will not do an RMA. The computer itself is fine - they need to provide a sufficient PSU.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ripwind View Post
    Turns out my adapter will be here Saturday and not tonight. Boo.

As far as wattage is concerned, I suspect anything you can turn off/down would probably have a positive effect. I considered shutting off/taking out the platter drive that's in there, turning off bluetooth, etc. to see if that would fix it. I imagine turning down the brightness a bit might even help. I did install ThrottleStop and dropped the CPU down -125mv, but I am not 100% sure that it's helping.

Either way, this is pretty ridiculous that these are the steps we need to go through.
    Well, I got my parts today and everything seems to connect up and work correctly. I haven't had much of a chance to do testing, but I'll do more tonight. I did run the latest 3D Mark to see if my scores were any different between the stock 180w adapter and the 210w one I picked up, but they were very similar. I didn't notice any impact on the battery at the time, but will test some more with actual games instead of benchmarks later.

ROG Member Array

Fingers crossed it works! Hopefully no BIOS tweaks are needed or anything.

If it does, that's yet more ammo that ASUS needs to step up and do the right thing by providing a suitable enough PSU...

ROG Member Array

Ugh. Well, it seems that the 210w PSU I'm using doesn't do me much better. After 20 minutes of playing the Witcher 3, and having started with a 100% battery, I was down to 96%. I just don't get it.

ROG Member Array

I think I read somewhere on notebookreview that a guy tried it but it wouldnt work without running a custom bios.

Shame it didn't work. Back to the drawing board - although its a bit ridiculous that WE are trying to figure out a fix instead of ASUS's product teams.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ripwind View Post
    Ugh. Well, it seems that the 210w PSU I'm using doesn't do me much better. After 20 minutes of playing the Witcher 3, and having started with a 100% battery, I was down to 96%. I just don't get it.

I read on a youtube channel where a guy reviewed the 502VS and said that he owns a 240PSU and it solved the problem...
    Weird why the 210 didnt solve it. maybe an electrical protection that limits the current, I dont know..

ROG Member Array

Somehow I didn't think about it until now, but I have a 330W adapter from my Alienware M18x R2 that I haven't sold yet. Looks like the adapter works, so I'm going to give that one a shot. Why not, right?

ROG Member Array

So, get this... Even with using my 330w adapter the battery is still draining while plugged in. I just don't understand. Maybe there is some sort of limitation on the actual power control unit in the laptop itself.

ROG Member Array ally827 PC Specs
    ally827 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL552VW
    MotherboardIntel® HM170 Chipset
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i5-6300HQ 2.30GHz, Skylake™
    Memory (part number)DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM, 1 x SO-DIMM Samsung
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 4G GDDR5 VRAM
    Graphics Card #2Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 530
    Graphics Card #3No room for it
    Graphics Card #4Lack of space
    Sound CardBuilt-in Speakers And Microphone ICESound support
    Monitor15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768)/Full HD (1920x1080)/IPS FHD (1920x1080) anti-glare
    Storage #11TB HDD 7200 RPM WD
    Storage #2SSD
    CPU CoolerDeepcool N8
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300
    Mouse Pad Brandless
    OS WINDOWS 10 64X

Lagos sauf

Hi guys,
    I have a similar problem on my GL552VW laptop. I shut down laptop while in charge and it has 100% batery. Next day when I power on laptop (also in charge) , I have 92-93 % batery remaining. Anyone have similar problem?!

Thanks,

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@ASUS View Post
    Hello ido505
    I've passed this issue to our related personnel
    I'l reply as soon as I have more information on this matter
    Thank you for your inquiry
    I am having the same problem. *Was there a solution found? *This evening for example, I was playing a game starting full charge plugged in and my battery level dropped to 92% over the course of 45 mins. *I have spoken to the Asus support and they want to RMA my unit. *Based on this thread and other research, this has not been a solution. *I believe this unit was shipped before proper quality control was performed on this product. *Had this CQ *been done, I can't believe this would have been shipped with this obviously known issue. *

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast