Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdcraig View Post
    Bahz, while I appreciate your continued updates, this issue has been going on for months. We've heard this before - 230w power supply was supposed to be the fix, BIOS 301 was supposed to be the fix. Please communicate specifics of what the "final" fix is today and commit to a timeline for the rollout. If you are not authorized to do this, please request someone from Asus engineering do it asap.

Thanks,
    Michael
    I'm pretty sure there were never any guarantees given. Fixes were provided and then Bahz checked back to see if they worked.

And really? "Commit to a timeline?"

Yeah, that's not how any of this works.

Ex-employee Array

The new solution offered can't be shared to specific details because in case if the final testing fails then we need to offer something else but from what I heard so far the results are positive. The solution is targeted to fix the root issue, so what I'm sharing info about isn't just another BIOS update. I understand it's been some time already with this issue but everything needs to be properly tested first and often we get a lot of heat to push out solutions quickly and track record shows we shouldn't be making the same mistakes. We do apologize for the delay and inconveniences caused, and hope you can be patient with this as we work as quickly as possible to get this solution ready. We'll share more information with you all once that information becomes available.

New ROGer Array

denny eastfield

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    The new solution offered can't be shared to specific details because in case if the final testing fails then we need to offer something else but from what I heard so far the results are positive. The solution is targeted to fix the root issue, so what I'm sharing info about isn't just another BIOS update. I understand it's been some time already with this issue but everything needs to be properly tested first and often we get a lot of heat to push out solutions quickly and track record shows we shouldn't be making the same mistakes. We do apologize for the delay and inconveniences caused, and hope you can be patient with this as we work as quickly as possible to get this solution ready. We'll share more information with you all once that information becomes available.
    Dear Bahz, I asked something.. which power supply with this problem solved?

ROG Enthusiast Array

The new solution offered can't be shared to specific details because in case if the final testing fails then we need to offer something else but from what I heard so far the results are positive. The solution is targeted to fix the root issue, [...] We'll share more information with you all once that information becomes available.
    Wow, that sounds really positive. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by cancogan View Post
    Dear Bahz, I asked something.. which power supply with this problem solved?
    Can't share this but based on the previous info in this thread, if this solution is confirmed without any other issues then you can assume just based on power draw it would require the power supply with higher wattage,

ROG Member Array

Can't share this but based on the previous info in this thread, if this solution is confirmed without any other issues then you can assume just based on power draw it would require the power supply with higher wattage,
    if that will be the case, how are we supposed to get that?
    will asus deliver the 230w supply when asked?
    or all of us with the 180w will be stuck with a troublesome device?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by natig1 View Post
    if that will be the case, how are we supposed to get that?
    will asus deliver the 230w supply when asked?
    or all of us with the 180w will be stuck with a troublesome device?
    If the final solution is approved and the higher wattage adapter is required then yes the adapter will also be replaced

ROG Member Array

thats good to hear!

ROG Member Array

If the final solution is approved and the higher wattage adapter is required then yes the adapter will also be replaced

What about international customers that have no Asus service center in their countries?
    I hope we would be accounted for in such solution.

New ROGer Array

Power Supply Drain

Um im sorry but if it ends up that the higher power supply was what was needed for the fix then that is giving me conflicting information because i brought my computer into the microsoft store and even after the bios update and upgrading me to the newest windows 10 content creator they also tested out my issue with higher power wattage adapter actually the one on the newer silver asus rog gl502vsk and for me atleast with GTA 5 they said the power drain still persisted. they also tested a couple other games which i forgot which they were but bottom line is they told me that the drain still persisted even with a more powerful psu.

also they replaced mine for the gl502vsk with the i7 7700QH 2.8ghz and even with some games i am still seeing some power drain plugged in while gaming and this laptop that i am now talking about has the 230w psu as well so

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast