Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I've been following this thread just about since I purchased my unit because I have this issue. I have a G752VSK (OC edition 7820HK) and it was shipped new to me with the 230 PS. I believe that what Bahz is saying is that the overall solution includes having the 230 PS but the PS by itself is obviously not the solution. I am a patient person and based on his responses and continued presence on this thread, I am confident that we eventually will have a resolution. In the mean time, I think the lowest I have played the battery down playing a game for up to 3 hours is to about 82% (plugged). Not the end of the world, just annoying as heck... No other issues with this beast, never goes over 50C under very heavy loads. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by zsherman51590 View Post
    Um im sorry but if it ends up that the higher power supply was what was needed for the fix then that is giving me conflicting information because i brought my computer into the microsoft store and even after the bios update and upgrading me to the newest windows 10 content creator they also tested out my issue with higher power wattage adapter actually the one on the newer silver asus rog gl502vsk and for me atleast with GTA 5 they said the power drain still persisted. they also tested a couple other games which i forgot which they were but bottom line is they told me that the drain still persisted even with a more powerful psu.

also they replaced mine for the gl502vsk with the i7 7700QH 2.8ghz and even with some games i am still seeing some power drain plugged in while gaming and this laptop that i am now talking about has the 230w psu as well so
    Last edited by bigoldbrat; 06-18-2017 at 09:09 PM.

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Battery issue

Hi, I have a different issue regarding the battery which could be correlated to the same problem (Intake<Use power), i have the GL502VS (1070) and for some reason after 4 month using it, it stop charging the battery, i tried to uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" as it is a common problem relating to laptops, but still in vain, i have been trying to contact Asus Tech support though their website and have not got any reply from them even after 1 month it still say ( status: IN PROGRESS ) , i read several post to the GL502VS series and it seem to be a design fault which might be the reason why my laptop still not working,
    I am still awaiting for Asus reply, hopefully they get to me soon

Regards,
    Chris
    Last edited by Tof120; 06-19-2017 at 08:30 AM.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy

Hello again.

So does the battery last for 2 hours on average? When in the advertising that is handled say that lasts from 4 to 5 hours?

And the solution they are working on that mentions the administrator is only to prevent the battery from being consumed when it is connected or also for the false advertising of battery life?

Since if new ones now last 2 hours maximum with a minimum use in 1 year or more would last 1 hour or less.

New BIOS update released

I've noticed there is a new BIOS update for GL502VSK models, version 303. Just launched today. Hope this would solve all problems? Battery draining & overheating?
    One thing about the BIOS file though is that it came dated 03/22/2017 as of the creation of the file... Really don't know how that got messed up

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by behenriques View Post
    I've noticed there is a new BIOS update for GL502VSK models, version 303. Just launched today. Hope this would solve all problems? Battery draining & overheating?
    One thing about the BIOS file though is that it came dated 03/22/2017 as of the creation of the file... Really don't know how that got messed up
    Please don't try to update to the GL502VSK BIOS if you have GL502VS, it's not the same and both models on a design and EE design perspective are different.

Ex-employee Array

I've been following up very frequently on the internal process, we're working on the details to offer an alternative option for those who have this issue. I just want to make sure everyone knows that we're working as quickly as possible internally to prepare what we have planned, until all of that is ready, I won't be able to share any details.

ROG Member Array jerrysandholm PC Specs
    jerrysandholm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i5 7600K 3.8GHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX1060 Strix OC 6GB
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 CPU Cooler
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S
    Power SupplyFractal Design Integra M 650W

For the Gl502VS theres a new Bios as well, 302. But are you saying this wont address the problems we are experiencing? Would be nice if bios updates came with release notes, ofc not on your table, just saying

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysandholm View Post
    For the Gl502VS theres a new Bios as well, 302. But are you saying this wont address the problems we are experiencing? Would be nice if bios updates came with release notes, ofc not on your table, just saying
    It improves on the discharging issue like 301, whether or not you consider it as a complete solution will differ by each person's own definition.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    It improves on the discharging issue like 301, whether or not you consider it as a complete solution will differ by each person's own definition.
    Dear Bahz,

So what exactly is BIOS 302? is it the solution you told us about earlier? or it is something else?

ROG Member Array jerrysandholm PC Specs
    jerrysandholm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i5 7600K 3.8GHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX1060 Strix OC 6GB
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 CPU Cooler
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S
    Power SupplyFractal Design Integra M 650W

I havent had the time to thoroughly test, but after 1 hour of playing BF1 i have not experienced any discharge. Not running the undervolt solution, i Peak at 85 degrees celsius on CPU, and GPU doesnt go over 70.
    Before 302 the laptop started discharging after approx 20 minutes
    Last edited by jerrysandholm; 06-23-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast