Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by gchou626 View Post
    Hi,
    I can see the issue on World of Warcraft and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.
    Thanks for the feedback and if you get the chance, can you please confirm if the battery ever drains below 89% while plugged in and playing those games, or does the battery always stay at 89% charge and higher while plugged in?

New ROGer Array

Hi have the issue while playing Civilization 5.

I will check next time I play if the battery drops below 89%

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and if you get the chance, can you please confirm if the battery ever drains below 89% while plugged in and playing those games, or does the battery always stay at 89% charge and higher while plugged in?
    The battery can dip below 89%. I have seen it go down to 86,87%. If it does, it does not appear to charge after an hour. I have monitored it further and to the best of my knowledge, it looks like its has slowed the draining. However, the drain appears to still be present as I have continue to go down, albeit much more slower. The laptop also is never able to actually charge during gameplay. If I discharge to 50% while unplugged and plug it in while gaming, the battery percentage will never increase while under heavy load even after multiple hours. This seems to indict that the power supply hardware/design even with the most recent bios is only able to slow the drain, but is not able to positively charge the laptop while under intensive load.

Ex-employee Array

Thank you all for providing the list of games you're encountering the discharging issue with, I hope more people come forward to share this information with us.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thank you all for providing the list of games you're encountering the discharging issue with, I hope more people come forward to share this information with us.
    hey , have the issue while playing Elite Dangerous (with my GL502vsk and 303bios )

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by The-Star View Post
    hey , have the issue while playing Elite Dangerous (with my GL502vsk and 303bios )
    Thank you, I will pass entire list and will make sure our R&D tests each game on the list to confirm.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I still don't understand why you are gathering such information ex : what games makes your battery discharge" .

The answer is obvious and it was all the time, it took some 2-3 weeks for the community to realize that

The problem of discharge happens because the CPU/GPU & everything else consume more power than the PSU can provide,
    that's why the components start eating the battery.

short : Laptop eats more power than the PSU offers - under heavy load.

I don't know about all the 502VS models out there, mine was the revision 1 let's call it, i7 6700HQ GTX 1070 and 60HZ G-sync display + 180W power brick.
    With some undervolt on the CPU and capping the frames at 60FPS in games the discharge is pretty much gone, or it's very low.

The only thing I hate is that currently the laptop sells at about 1700-1800 euro ( 300eur cheaper than what I paid for mine), but comes with 120HZ display i7700HQ and 230W power brick ( I don't know if the power brick eliminates the power discharge since the monitor and CPU should also consume more power )

I'm quite amazed.

It's been 9 months since I started following this thread.
    During all this time we were promised a fix or a workaround,and finally after 9 months of waiting, we are told to RMA.
    Now what Can I do If I ordered the laptop from another country via internet? Nothing.

In my opinion, since this is a fault on YOUR side, and it's not a problem with just a few 502VS laptops, but all of them.
    In this case you should treat every 502VS owner equally, recall all the faulty laptops and refund or exchange them to working and similar configuration laptops.

While writing this I see a new article from PC gamer, the best gaming laptops where the GL502VS is on the first place, so here's a question:
    Are you aware you're selling faulty laptops? Are the customers aware they are buying faulty products? How can you keep selling them when clearly you haven't found a solution to fix the problem after such a long time?

I'm still looking around for more details on the case, but sure there's a lot of information and data that can be taken to court.

Hand's up for ASUS community users and hands down for ASUS support and everything else.

This was my first time purchasing ASUS products, and surely my last time as well.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ymzuki View Post
    I still don't understand why you are gathering such information ex : what games makes your battery discharge" .

The answer is obvious and it was all the time, it took some 2-3 weeks for the community to realize that

The problem of discharge happens because the CPU/GPU & everything else consume more power than the PSU can provide,
    that's why the components start eating the battery.

short : Laptop eats more power than the PSU offers - under heavy load.

I don't know about all the 502VS models out there, mine was the revision 1 let's call it, i7 6700HQ GTX 1070 and 60HZ G-sync display + 180W power brick.
    With some undervolt on the CPU and capping the frames at 60FPS in games the discharge is pretty much gone, or it's very low.

The only thing I hate is that currently the laptop sells at about 1700-1800 euro ( 300eur cheaper than what I paid for mine), but comes with 120HZ display i7700HQ and 230W power brick ( I don't know if the power brick eliminates the power discharge since the monitor and CPU should also consume more power )

I'm quite amazed.

It's been 9 months since I started following this thread.
    During all this time we were promised a fix or a workaround,and finally after 9 months of waiting, we are told to RMA.
    Now what Can I do If I ordered the laptop from another country via internet? Nothing.

In my opinion, since this is a fault on YOUR side, and it's not a problem with just a few 502VS laptops, but all of them.
    In this case you should treat every 502VS owner equally, recall all the faulty laptops and refund or exchange them to working and similar configuration laptops.

While writing this I see a new article from PC gamer, the best gaming laptops where the GL502VS is on the first place, so here's a question:
    Are you aware you're selling faulty laptops? Are the customers aware they are buying faulty products? How can you keep selling them when clearly you haven't found a solution to fix the problem after such a long time?

I'm still looking around for more details on the case, but sure there's a lot of information and data that can be taken to court.

Hand's up for ASUS community users and hands down for ASUS support and everything else.

This was my first time purchasing ASUS products, and surely my last time as well.
    Through internal testing by using CPU and GPU stress tests at the same time where both are maxed out at 100% load, they left it on for over 24 hours and the battery only discharged by less than 5% (with BIOS versions 300/301/302). The discharging apparently only occurs for certain games and with normal testing protocols they don't do game testing and usually stick with stress testing, this is why they asked me to gather back a full list of games so we can further investigate why these games are causing the notebooks to discharge beyond 90%. The actions to provide refund/credit back is already in place (see post #548), I'm simply gathering back information for our teams.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Elite Dangerous in VR (using the Oculus Rift).

For myself I decided it was too risky to send my machine back for the ASUS RMA process. The technical support people didn't really understand the issue, and I'm travelling in a week.

1) BIOS version and OS version 2) Adapter (180W or 230W)
    230 W
    3) Which game or application were you running and how long were you running that game/application before the battery was discharged past 90% while plugged in?

Elite Dangerous in VR (using the Oculus Rift). 40 mins from 100 to 90% battery state.
    4) Provide extra details on other applications that were running in the background, including the versions of those applications.*
    Windows 10 Home Edition.
    Running HWInfo 64 in background to measure battery monitoring.*
    Last edited by SeaSpray; 08-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Ex-employee Array

Our notebook team has asked for additional information so we can try to replicate the discharging issue, it would be very helpful if you can provide us with the following information:

1) BIOS version and OS version
    2) Adapter (180W or 230W)
    3) Which game or application were you running and how long were you running that game/application before the battery was discharged past 90% while plugged in?
    4) Provide extra details on other applications that were running in the background, including the versions of those applications.

Thanks.

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast