Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I haven't seen anyone report that the notebook is discharging while surfing, it may be possible you may have a defective battery. Indonesia doesn't have any active cases so I assume service team in Indonesia hasn't processed any requests. You can contact customer service as the directive is active through internal memo that is shared with all service teams, however your notebook must be purchased in the same country where you reside to be qualified for any alternative solutions such as refunds or credit back. I would recommend that you wait a few more weeks for more information on the upcoming solution which is currently in preparation.
    Its unplugged, so its discharging, however, heavily during internet surfing session which i believe its not supposed to

Ok i'll give it a shot and consult to my local ASUS service center and i look forward to the upcoming solution you mentioned.

New ROGer Array

You should check if your laptop is using GPU while surfing and for desktop instead of CPU while unplugged, otherwise I can assume it is within the normal consumption since the high demanding hardware. For the black screen instead, for some reason I had it too but by disabling fast boot for a while and then re enable after some days it has disappeared. I'm referring to the fast boot option in power management under the power button options and such.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Krejak View Post
    You should check if your laptop is using GPU while surfing and for desktop instead of CPU while unplugged, otherwise I can assume it is within the normal consumption since the high demanding hardware. For the black screen instead, for some reason I had it too but by disabling fast boot for a while and then re enable after some days it has disappeared. I'm referring to the fast boot option in power management under the power button options and such.
    Thanks for the advice

i have disabled fast boot and the black screen still happens though less frequent. Hopefully it'll disappear over time.

Ex-employee Array

Just for clarification as Cl-Albert brought to my attention that I misread the message from Jereyo. This thread is for GL502VS only, GL502VSK is unrelated to any information posted in this thread. We have no confirmed reports that shows GL502VSK has the same discharging issue as reported for GL502VS.

New ROGer Array

Just for clarification as Cl-Albert brought to my attention that I misread the message from Jereyo. This thread is for GL502VS only, GL502VSK is unrelated to any information posted in this thread. We have no confirmed reports that shows GL502VSK has the same discharging issue as reported for GL502VS.
    Then which one is true? my bios says the machine is GL502VSK.301(as it is fresh out of the box). But behind the laptop it says Asus ROG GL502VS-BA328T. So its a VS with kaby lake in it, doesn't it mean that its a VSK? I previously mentioned VSK also bcs of the bios.

The problems that i'm experiencing is the same like many other users in the thread.
    Last edited by Jereyo; 09-26-2017 at 05:31 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array haihane PC Specs
    haihane PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair V Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX 8350
    Memory (part number)Gskill F3-2400C10-8GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS HD 6950
    Storage #1WD Velociraptor 1TB
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120XL
    CaseCooler Master Silencio 650
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G500
    OS Windows 7 X64
    Network RouterLinksys E2500

Quote Originally Posted by Jereyo View Post
    Its unplugged, so its discharging, however, heavily during internet surfing session which i believe its not supposed to

Ok i'll give it a shot and consult to my local ASUS service center and i look forward to the upcoming solution you mentioned.
    Pardon my curiosity, but if it's unplugged (power cord not plugged into laptop) it should be discharging regardless of load, right?
    And when you made the purchase, you mentioned it didn't come with original adapter. What?

The shop sounds shady. Where did you buy it, if I may know?
    no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by haihane View Post
    Pardon my curiosity, but if it's unplugged (power cord not plugged into laptop) it should be discharging regardless of load, right?
    And when you made the purchase, you mentioned it didn't come with original adapter. What?

The shop sounds shady. Where did you buy it, if I may know?
    Yes of course it should be discharging regardless of load, however i was just browsing the internet and the battery went down so quickly (from 100% to 0% in like 40 mins, Power Saver mode, lowest brightness). Is it normal? Is it designed to work that way? IF it is then i'm okay with it. It just feels like its discharging too quickly.

yeah it came with a 230W adaptor but not ASUS adaptor. The brand says Delta Electronics.

I bought the unit from a shop in a computer center mall. The shop ordered the item directly from ASUS center. The shop itself is well-known and quite popular for people who buy IT related stuff.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array haihane PC Specs
    haihane PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair V Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX 8350
    Memory (part number)Gskill F3-2400C10-8GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS HD 6950
    Storage #1WD Velociraptor 1TB
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120XL
    CaseCooler Master Silencio 650
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G500
    OS Windows 7 X64
    Network RouterLinksys E2500

Quote Originally Posted by Jereyo View Post
    Yes of course it should be discharging regardless of load, however i was just browsing the internet and the battery went down so quickly (from 100% to 0% in like 40 mins, Power Saver mode, lowest brightness). Is it normal? Is it designed to work that way? IF it is then i'm okay with it. It just feels like its discharging too quickly.
    this really piqued my curiosity.
    i don't own a GL502VS (or GL502VSK), but i know a 40 minutes uptime from a full charge all the way to 0% is a bad bad thing. (caution: no matter if it's a laptop, or cellphone, don't let that happen too often as it's bad for the battery)

so, following up on that, i went and ran a Google search about battery life on GL502. this is what i found: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-R....171567.0.html

do a Ctrl + F : " battery runtime". you should see on normal load: 3h 16 minutes.

this alone would compel me to go back to the shop with all the boxes and laptop and purchase receipt and ask for a replacement or trade in exchange (Tukar Tambah).

yeah it came with a 230W adaptor but not ASUS adaptor. The brand says Delta Electronics.

I bought the unit from a shop in a computer center mall. The shop ordered the item directly from ASUS center. The shop itself is well-known and quite popular for people who buy IT related stuff.
    after reading your story (and assuming you didn't lie or exhaust your laptop battery for cryptomining); that you're telling truth in good faith: i still think that the problem isn't with ASUS, but the shop probably (probably!) sold you a used laptop but in fact it's a refurb. (you can't demand asus to be responsible if they sold you shady laptop)

as a fellow indon to another, i'd hate to see you getting cheated of your hard earned money, but you shouldn't use my words here or implicate me in any way to get your refund (disclaimer disclaimer).

try bringing the stuffs you bought back to shop and ask for a "tukar-tambah". how they respond to that should tell their intent.
    no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by haihane View Post
    this really piqued my curiosity.
    i don't own a GL502VS (or GL502VSK), but i know a 40 minutes uptime from a full charge all the way to 0% is a bad bad thing. (caution: no matter if it's a laptop, or cellphone, don't let that happen too often as it's bad for the battery)

so, following up on that, i went and ran a Google search about battery life on GL502. this is what i found: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-R....171567.0.html

do a Ctrl + F : " battery runtime". you should see on normal load: 3h 16 minutes.

this alone would compel me to go back to the shop with all the boxes and laptop and purchase receipt and ask for a replacement or trade in exchange (Tukar Tambah).

after reading your story (and assuming you didn't lie or exhaust your laptop battery for cryptomining); that you're telling truth in good faith: i still think that the problem isn't with ASUS, but the shop probably (probably!) sold you a used laptop but in fact it's a refurb. (you can't demand asus to be responsible if they sold you shady laptop)

as a fellow indon to another, i'd hate to see you getting cheated of your hard earned money, but you shouldn't use my words here or implicate me in any way to get your refund (disclaimer disclaimer).

try bringing the stuffs you bought back to shop and ask for a "tukar-tambah". how they respond to that should tell their intent.
    Thank you for your kind advice.
    Put it this way, if i am a professional swimmer with an awesome stamina and swimming ability, why would i waste my breath by screaming for help if i can use my breath to swim awesomely? So is my GL502, if my laptop is as awesome as it is, i would just game the hell on and wouldnt't bother to spend my time asking for help in this thread.

I am not blaming ASUS whatsoever, just to be clear, i am just telling my experience hoping someone has any advice or knows how to fix it (at least temporarily, bcs soon after i bought the laptop i went out of town for work and not until next week i can go back to the shop ask them about all this)

Anyway, thank you again for your advice, i'll definitely go back to the shop and ask them about it.

ROG Member Array

Hey again ,

Just played the game "dungeon 3" this the first game my gl502vsk laptop (windows 10 , bios 303 nothing was played on the background except the game ) and this the first game i got discharge below 90% , i start play the game with 100% battery and it's drop to 80% after 2 hours .

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast