Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Just for clarification as Cl-Albert brought to my attention that I misread the message from Jereyo. This thread is for GL502VS only, GL502VSK is unrelated to any information posted in this thread. We have no confirmed reports that shows GL502VSK has the same discharging issue as reported for GL502VS.
    @Bahz - I bought GL502VS - (bios says its GL502VSK) fresh bios 303 - how can You explain that ?!

I noticed the problem during playing : Mass Effect : Andromeda , Evil Within 2 and doing some work in video editing.
    Battery drain below 90% from 100% during during play and during other performance demanding apps.
    What is more - the laptop has 2 weeks and the battery wear is 5% ! 2 WEEKS = 5 % wear ?

230 W Supply.
    Windows 10 - no apps in background.

Im asking WT* ?! - It's ridiculous - the only question is where is ASUS QUALITY CONTROL ? U selling this kind of defective laptops - like common chinese low quality items , In the name of thought no one will guess ? PLEASE

U told that u checkin them with full load by 24h - i would say you simply lying Us, or Your engineers achived thier science degree during night school. !!
    When simple user can say its defected - during 1h-run demanding app.

This is unacceptable !
    Last edited by mar_ga; 11-06-2017 at 06:03 PM.

New ROGer Array

@Bahz claimed there is a fix on the way. What is the status on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cichy202 View Post
    @Bahz claimed there is a fix on the way. What is the status on th
    This topic is ONE YEAR OLD. - One year of fixing. That's the pro support spirit.
    They maybe give us a anniversary present with fix. LOL

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by cichy202 View Post
    @Bahz claimed there is a fix on the way. What is the status on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bahz reported back in June that they would not be able to do a complete motherboard fix for everyone. Please see his post here:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post658857
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Bahz reported back in June that they would not be able to do a complete motherboard fix for everyone. Please see his post here:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post658857
    Amazing. You bought defective laptop from asus - it's your problem. Really ?! Whats wrong with this company ?

xeromist PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Mouse Logitech MX500

Quote Originally Posted by mar_ga View Post
    Amazing. You bought defective laptop from asus - it's your problem. Really ?! Whats wrong with this company ?
    That's not what that says... It says they may replace it under RMA but they don't have the parts to fully fix it. Have you tried asking for a replacement?

A lot of your posts have been disposable, inaccurate, flames and pot shots. Other than making the forum an unpleasant place to be, what do you think that accomplishes? I get that you're frustrated but most of us are customers just like you. Feel free to criticize ASUS but please do it at least somewhat constructively? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    That's not what that says... It says they may replace it under RMA but they don't have the parts to fully fix it. Have you tried asking for a replacement?

A lot of your posts have been disposable, inaccurate, flames and pot shots. Other than making the forum an unpleasant place to be, what do you think that accomplishes? I get that you're frustrated but most of us are customers just like you. Feel free to criticize ASUS but please do it at least somewhat constructively? Thanks.
    ASUS it's a big company full of tech experst, technical standards, ISO standards etc. What is more ROG is (TOP?) extreme gaming brand. That why It's more than frustrating when u buying laptop for 2k EURO - you expect to have top quality product not something that is defected from scratch.

Tell me about Your quality control, ISO standards and experts working on it -when common user can make an expertise during first launch of laptop and say that its defective. And please don't tell me that is not contructive thinking when after ONE YEAR of problem has arisen you simply say to Us - We started working on fix.
    That's the contructive approach. Our RMA will end and we will have no fix for it.

ASUS during the time we wait here for simple fix - managed to contruct new whole GL503 laptop. Yes i'm more than frustrated.
    I don't blame none of You - but something here don't work as it should.

Hope this will have happy end.

/greets

xeromist PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Mouse Logitech MX500

Hey, I agree that this situation sucks. I don't envy people experiencing the discharge issue. Just to clarify, I don't work for ASUS. I'm just a customer like you. I have moderator status to keep the peace on the forums but I'm not privy to any of ASUS's inner workings. I wish I could tell you more but all I know is what was Bahz posted before he left.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by mar_ga View Post
    @Bahz - I bought GL502VS - (bios says its GL502VSK) fresh bios 303 - how can You explain that ?!
    Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems and that this couldn't be a little more straightforward.
    I'm located at the ASUS U.S. office and unfortunately am not able to provide much assistance with customers located overseas other than advice or suggestions if requested.

If you haven't tried it already though, suggest contacting or working with your local ASUS support and maybe your store as well if we don't see any better suggestions from ASUS HQ reps.

Getting back to your question above though, there are at least 2 different versions of the GL502VS with different cpus.
    There is the GL502VS using the 6th generation Intel 'Skylake' cpu as well as the GL502VS using 7th generation Intel "Kaby Lake' cpu which internally at ASUS is called the GL502VSK model rather than GL502VS, but externally for customers we just call them both GL502VS probably to keep things simpler since they are fairly similar.

This is important to you though because ASUS HQ currently only recognizes the battery drain issue for the GL502VS model with 6th gen. cpu and 180w power supply providing options to customers reporting this issue to their local ASUS support as in the sticky thread below.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94349-Official-Reply-for-GL502VS-Battery-Discharging-Issue

The GL502VSK model that you have with Intel 7th gen. cpu is using a different motherboard (and bios) than our GL502VS model with 6th gen. cpu and the GL502VSK also comes with a 230W power supply rather than the 180W power supply included with the GL502VS model with 6th gen. cpu, but may not be recognized by HQ as having the same battery drain issue as the GL502VS 6th gen. model and probably will not have the same options from your local ASUS support although hopefully they can still help you provide some sort of resolution or continue to investigate the issue with you if you want to go this route.

Anyway, apologize for the long reply, but just want to make sure you do continue to work with your local ASUS support (and store?) instead of just waiting to get a solution through these ROG forums (which we hopefully will see, but not sure?).
    I have been following this issue some, but not that closely, so your local ASUS support may also have or get some updated information that I'm not aware of.
    Hope this helps some?
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 11-08-2017 at 12:33 AM.

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb This is a non-issue

The same thing happens to me (battery not charging) all the time but its not an issue.

What Im guessing happens is that when GPU and CPU are on at full blast the power supply cant keep up, so the battery drains somewhat while its plugged in. After that, when intensive activity is over the power supply doesnt charge back up the battery % lost during intensive use.

What I do is just disconnect the power for a while so the battery drops further and then reconnect. Then it charges.

I have a GL502vs i7 6700HQ Nvidia 1070 card

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast