cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Discharging while Plugged-in

ido505
Level 8
Hi,

I have got the new GL502VS with the 1070 gtx in it.
After reading a few topics in other forums I saw that some people complains about the battery - saying that it keeps discharging while connected to the charger.
Then, I noticed that it happens for me too.
It's not a big deal, but around 8% in an hour of playing Mafia 3.

Do you guys aware to this problem?
Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks.

MODERATOR NOTE. Please see this post from June:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-Plugged-in&p=658857&viewfu...
710 REPLIES 710

Bill
Level 7
Hello ido505
I've passed this issue to our related personnel
I'l reply as soon as I have more information on this matter
Thank you for your inquiry 🙂

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello ido505
I've passed this issue to our related personnel
I'l reply as soon as I have more information on this matter
Thank you for your inquiry 🙂

Thank you! 🙂
Waiting for your answer!

I've been having this same issue as well with the GL502vs-db71. Seems like the power supply is not providing enough power (think it is a 180W - don't have the laptop with me)

Played League of Legends for about 2 hours, saw a 5% decrease in battery while plugged in (on "High Performance" setting under power control). Also, I turned off my computer this morning while plugged in (at 99%) and came home to it at 97%. Not sure if this is normal.\

Update: Played Assassin's Creed Syndicate for about an hour on ultra. Battery drain brought me down to 94% while plugged in.

CrimsonPhoenix7 wrote:
I've been having this same issue as well with the GL502vs-db71. Seems like the power supply is not providing enough power (think it is a 180W - don't have the laptop with me)

Played League of Legends for about 2 hours, saw a 5% decrease in battery while plugged in (on "High Performance" setting under power control). Also, I turned off my computer this morning while plugged in (at 99%) and came home to it at 97%. Not sure if this is normal.\

Update: Played Assassin's Creed Syndicate for about an hour on ultra. Battery drain brought me down to 94% while plugged in.

I've recently installed Assassin's Creed Syndicate and noticed two things : 1) the game can't run at full screen.( I had to run the game in windowed mode cause when it was on full screen, it was zoomed in like 300%, literally unplayable.) I selected the borderless fullsceen and it worked.
2) CPU and GPU both hit 83+ when i play the game on 1080p and not even on ultra ( everything's on high ).
did any of these happen to you as well ?
btw I use a GL502VS.
Thanks in advance for you reply.

Hello,

i recently received the fix for the power discharge issue and got the bios updated to v302 but now i'm noticing a drop in the performance
It is not too significant but it can be noticed
Can someone explain why

Thanks

zipperko wrote:
Hello,

i recently received the fix for the power discharge issue and got the bios updated to v302 but now i'm noticing a drop in the performance
It is not too significant but it can be noticed
Can someone explain why

Thanks

What fix? Got the 6th or 7th generation of the GL502VS?
Looked just the other day for BIOS update but it was still the 301 then.

Please ASUS, fix your stuff. I already had a nightmare with my SSD hardrive failing and was asked to ship my whole laptop to fix it... I finally replaced the god damn thing on my own so now my laptop is working again. Now ppl are shipping their laptop as requested by YOU, so they are basically losing their laptops for days/weeks. Then you ship a new laptop back with the same problem and still havn't fixed this "ELECTRICAL" problem.

Change the power supply unit already and update your bios... is it so hard? Were talking about expensive laptops here, brand new expensive laptops...Asus look bad.

jerrysandholm wrote:
What fix? Got the 6th or 7th generation of the GL502VS?
Looked just the other day for BIOS update but it was still the 301 then.

6th gen
DxDiag:
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: GL502VS
BIOS: GL502VS.302_DisChargingB

The update of the BIOS was applied on the 25th of may

So can anyone explain why the performance droped
or at least provide me with some technical documentation for that version of the BIOS

zipperko wrote:
6th gen
DxDiag:
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: GL502VS
BIOS: GL502VS.302_DisChargingB

The update of the BIOS was applied on the 25th of may

So can anyone explain why the performance droped
or at least provide me with some technical documentation for that version of the BIOS

BIOS 301
High performance mode to optimize the battery life 2017/03/15 update

That's what I get when I'm looking at the bios. March 15th !?!?