Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Peacecamper View Post
    Do you have any numbers for us? And did you just repaste the CPU and GPU chips or also the GPU VRAM?
    Here you go. Again I have to stress out, that I had bad temps before, because there was an insufficient amount of paste on CPU and GPU. CPU would hit the 90s.

With the holes in the back, the back slightly raised, the 812mV on GPU and -150mV on CPU I am down to 77 for CPU and 75 for GPU @2800 rpm max. I am really happy.

@Peacecamper:

I forgot to mention: If you are going to repaste: Just repaste CPU & GPU. The gum-like stuff on the V-RAM and chipset needs to stay on.

There is still one thing on my list: I wanted to tape the gap between heatsing and fan, which is quite large and shouldn't be there in the first place. Just have to get my hands on some non-conductive heatresistant tape.
    Last edited by apemonkeychimp; 04-02-2017 at 04:51 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by apemonkeychimp View Post
    Here you go. Again I have to stress out, that I had bad temps before, because there was an insufficient amount of paste on CPU and GPU. CPU would hit the 90s.

With the holes in the back, the back slightly raised, the 812mV on GPU and -150mV on CPU I am down to 77 for CPU and 75 for GPU @2800 rpm max. I am really happy.

@Peacecamper:

I forgot to mention: If you are going to repaste: Just repaste CPU & GPU. The gum-like stuff on the V-RAM and chipset needs to stay on.

There is still one thing on my list: I wanted to tape the gap between heatsing and fan, which is quite large and shouldn't be there in the first place. Just have to get my hands on some non-conductive heatresistant tape.

I'm doing that as we speak, i will post results in 1 hour or so

ROG Enthusiast Array

@Ymzuki.
    Haha, you were even quicker with the link to the temps. Thanks.

I am on BIOS 3.01. I did a loop of HW 4.0 and monitored with HWINFO64, which showed me no discharge rate. Didn't test anything else.

Good luck to you. Don't forget to put the heatsink back on.
    Last edited by apemonkeychimp; 04-02-2017 at 05:04 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

@Ymzuki.
    Haha, you were even quicker with the link to the temps. Thanks.

I am on BIOS 3.01. I did a loop of HW 4.0 and monitored with HWINFO64, which showed me no discharge rate. Didn't test anything else.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

Try some prime95+ furmark, or some heavy games, i never had drains with Heaven 4.0

PS: It looks like i got some temperature improvements, at least for the GPU, Arctic Silver requires 200 hours or so to cure, and about that time passes since i repasted... CPU 75-78 GPU 69-72. - still, this is with turbo disabled :S and fans spinning at 100%
    Last edited by Ymzuki; 04-02-2017 at 05:09 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ymzuki View Post

CPU 75-78 GPU 69-72. - still, this is with turbo disabled :S and fans spinning at 100%
    oO

That's what? 4400 rpm? There definitely is somtehing wrong with your heatpipe.

With Furmark and Prime I get an extreme drain. Up to -19W. But I still regard this as a totally unrealistic load scenario. No game will drain that amount of power and especially not constantly.
    It's a bummer though. Only no drain is a good drain.
    Last edited by apemonkeychimp; 04-02-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Addition

ROG Enthusiast Array

oO

That's what? 4400 rpm? There definitely is somtehing wrong with your heatpipe.

With Furmark and Prime I get an extreme drain. Up to -19W. But I still regard this as a totally unrealistic load scenario. No will drain that amount of power and especially not constantly.
    It's a bummer though. Only no drain is a good drain.

Max it shows is 4300 RPM, but yeah it's loud, using headset so I don't really care...

Took me longer than enough to tape the gaps, but here's the results :

Furmark+prima95 for 15 minutes before tapping the gaps :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	63681

Furmark+p95 after tapping the gaps

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	63682

Forgot to do a HB run before tapping, but i had SS of an older one done few days ago :

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	63683

One run of Heaven Benchmark 4.0 after tapping the gaps :

Name:	HB.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	63684

Conclusion, yes there's temperature difference after taping off the gaps. Also i tapped about 90% of the gaps, a better job would involve taking off the heatsink and fans and tapping them together then put back on.

I did use some tape i found laying in my garage, said it was non conductive/heat resistant, yet it been around for some years ...

To do : buy new heatsink , buy IC thermal paste, buy decent tape to tape the future gaps

All the tests above were done with turbo boost disabled, -0.150/-0.140V on cpu/ GPU at 1746mhz @ 813mw, laptop was on the table, not risen and fans at 100%
    Last edited by Ymzuki; 04-02-2017 at 08:12 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ymzuki View Post
    Conclusion, yes there's temperature difference after taping off the gaps. Also i tapped about 90% of the gaps, a better job would involve taking off the heatsink and fans and tapping them together then put back on.

I did use some tape i found laying in my garage, said it was non conductive/heat resistant, yet it been around for some years ...

To do : buy new heatsink , buy IC thermal paste, buy decent tape to tape the future gaps
    I already posted this in another thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post642212

Coldzero.eu might be able to built us a custom gap filler if someone provides him with accurate measurements. I don't have the laptop here yet, but it should arrive this week. Are there any screws in this area one could use to mount such a part?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Peacecamper View Post
    I already posted this in another thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post642212

Coldzero.eu might be able to built us a custom gap filler if someone provides him with accurate measurements. I don't have the laptop here yet, but it should arrive this week. Are there any screws in this area one could use to mount such a part?
    Uhmm no idea if that's possible. worth it?

There's no screws in that area, there' some way under but i think they're related to the monitor so better not touch them

I'm not sure how it would be possible to make a custom gap filler :|

ROG Member Array

Does the GL502VSK also have these problems with the Akku (Batterie)?
    Sorry now did not want to read all posts

many greats

ROG Member Array

bah

soooo 3 RMA's...last one took about 3 weeks, maybe more

they changed heatsink..blamed nvidia drivers..and what not
    each time claimed its "fixed"..

but..its NOT.

and no, new bios version changes nothing.

1-2 hours of Diablo 3 and im at about 70% battery and dropping...

im guessing undervolting is the only option then?

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast