cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Issues with 1440p Gaming (PG278Q)

Ren_Ilham
Level 7
Hi,

I have recently bought my new gaming rig with this new ROG SWIFT PG278Q to enjoy 2560x1440 gaming with 144hz and G-Sync

My PC Spec:

• Asrock Fatality Z170 Gaming K+
  • iGame Colorful GTX 1080
  • Intel Core i7-6700K
  • Patriot DDR4 Viper 4 Series Quad Channel PC19200 32GB CL10 (4X8GB
  • Samsung SSD Evo850 (with windows on)
  • Seagate SSHD (with games on)
  • Seasonic S12G-650 650

ISSUE DUE CRASH :
Whenever I try to game at 1440p (at 60 / 120 or 144Hz) I crash. Its like a BSOD but no bluescreen or flickering - pc hangs (frezee while in game) then the windows restarted. Or sometimes it's just crashed in game without having windows restarted (just need to send the crash report)

1080p runs fine.

This happens with Game : GTA V, Rainbow Six Siege, F1 2016 etc.(thoose game support both of resolution or Refresh Rate) and the crash replicates - and it does every 15-25 mins during the game.

I have latest drivers for everything.

G-Sync is on (and V-sync off in all games) i've tried to turn V-Sync On but it's just the same

My rig should handle 1440p gaming with no probs. I have exhausted all my technical skills trying to get it working. Am I missing something obvious?

Some thread show's that the DP 1.2 Cable came with the PG278Q doesn't work well (weak) so should it be the problem?, then i can buy (DP Cable) the new one with better quality off course

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Ren
4 REPLIES 4

Kotronas
Level 9
Use DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers on safe mode after done that and restart install new downloaded nvidia drivers, with custom installation and clean install "ticked". It may solve your problem.

If not and you have any OC on the cpu/ram revert them on factory values. Then check if it is gone.

How is the airflow on your case?

Kotronas wrote:
Use DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers on safe mode after done that and restart install new downloaded nvidia drivers, with custom installation and clean install "ticked". It may solve your problem.

If not and you have any OC on the cpu/ram revert them on factory values. Then check if it is gone.

How is the airflow on your case?

Perfect !!! i'd follow you're solution and the problem ends up !. Thanks to you master "kotronas", after all I was looking for a solution it turns out here, now i'm pretty happy i can run my game very well without crashing & enjoy the monitor ofc

Well to answer you're question, i'm running without OC anything, just pretty standard values, and the airflow is good, i'm running my rig with nzxt h440 so it's all fine

Did you ever had problem like me before? whether this problem is normally happen to people install the out dated GPU driver, because first time i installed the driver is from the GPU driver disc which mean is out dated or something?

So, the problem is solved, and now i'm running game normally like i used to. Thanks to Kotronas for help this things out! i'm pretty excited

Ren Ilham wrote:
Perfect !!! i'd follow you're solution and the problem ends up !. Thanks to you master "kotronas", after all I was looking for a solution it turns out here, now i'm pretty happy i can run my game very well without crashing & enjoy the monitor ofc

Well to answer you're question, i'm running without OC anything, just pretty standard values, and the airflow is good, i'm running my rig with nzxt h440 so it's all fine

Did you ever had problem like me before? whether this problem is normally happen to people install the out dated GPU driver, because first time i installed the driver is from the GPU driver disc which mean is out dated or something?

So, the problem is solved, and now i'm running game normally like i used to. Thanks to Kotronas for help this things out! i'm pretty excited

Ok, so this morning (my time) i discovered the rest of the game run well, but some games like just cause 3, BF 1 still have the issues. The game Crash after 35 min during game play (it's much longer before i do the DDU step it was take just 15 min to crash 😞 ) im pretty glad that other game run well but just some of this game just still have the issues.

So i'm thinking the problem is between my DP with the small data rate, now i'm using this (built in with asus PG278Q)

and today i'm gonna try to buy the new DP cable which have better spec to make sure the old DP is weak or having some kind of issues itself :confused:
i will update the rest of this issues

Kotronas
Level 9
If game is crashing and not windows, try and run a repair on the games, origin has this option for bf1. If they are OK then try and open the side panel of the case so the components have fresh air. Had the same issue with "the division" it was a bad cpu OC needed more cache or more core voltage to be stable when the rest of the system was stable that game had it's issues. So I had to tweak a bit more.

Good luck.
Keep us informed how it went.