MonitorAsus PB278Q
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80 v2
    CaseIn Win 303
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer Deathadder
    OS Window 10 64bit
    Network RouterAsus

Same problem with maximus ix code

I have the same problem with Maximus IX Code right out of the box. I just bought it yesterday and so excited to upgrade my PC. Everything is perfect, the qcode shows A0 which mean everything is correctly installed until i tried to connect my PC with my bluetooth speaker. The connection was unstable, if anything get between my pc and the speaker, the connection is lost, then I opened Setting, the Turn on/off Bluetooth was not there anymore. I google it and saw that many people have the same problem. Even i reset my PC, the Bluetooth was not there. Window doesn't recognize my motherboard has Bluetooth build in. There are 2 ways to get Bluetooth again:
    1. Shut down your PC, unplug the power and plug it again
    2. Go to Device Manager and disable the Bluetooth then enable it again
    The Bluetooth will come back but it will happen again. I don't know it because BIOS or the mainboard. If it was beacuse of BIOS, i think it will effect every maximus mainboard's owners, but look like there are few of us have this problem*

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by kentieu View Post
    I have the same problem with Maximus IX Code right out of the box. I just bought it yesterday and so excited to upgrade my PC. Everything is perfect, the qcode shows A0 which mean everything is correctly installed until i tried to connect my PC with my bluetooth speaker. The connection was unstable, if anything get between my pc and the speaker, the connection is lost, then I opened Setting, the Turn on/off Bluetooth was not there anymore. I google it and saw that many people have the same problem. Even i reset my PC, the Bluetooth was not there. Window doesn't recognize my motherboard has Bluetooth build in. There are 2 ways to get Bluetooth again:
    1. Shut down your PC, unplug the power and plug it again
    2. Go to Device Manager and disable the Bluetooth then enable it again
    The Bluetooth will come back but it will happen again. I don't know it because BIOS or the mainboard. If it was beacuse of BIOS, i think it will effect every maximus mainboard's owners, but look like there are few of us have this problem*
    Did try you disable power saving settings for Bluetooth and other power saving settings inside of BIOS?

New ROGer Array

Having the same problem where no bluetooth device appears in Device Manager

My board is new and I've never successfully installed a bluetooth device:

1. Initially, it would search for a bluetooth peripheral to pair, but never find it even though it was discoverable.

2. Later, attempting to pair would lead to an error message, and subsequent investigation showed that no bluetooth device is appearing in Device Manager ()that is, it is not seeing the MB-based bluetooth radio). Repeated attempts to install and uninstall and reinstall the Asus/Broadcom drivers have not solved the problem (i.e. no device ever shows in Device Manager). I have tried both the drivers on the disc and the drivers on the website. Going to try and get Ubuntu setup on a USB to confirm the MB-based bluetooth is working.

Very anxious to get this working on my new board! In the meantime I ordered a $6 adapter that I do not want to have to use longterm.

Thanks for looking into this Asus team!

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

How is the latest driver (10.0.0.309)?
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

ROG Member Array

Thanks for all the post, I was about to give up my bluetooth was missing and updating everything works well and now I was able to connect on my note 4 and to my doss soundbox touch I think the problem will be different from time to time but if everybody read this do install all necessary things first then updated it.

ROG Junior Member Array

I have the exact same issue with Crosshair VI Hero (Wifi/AC)

Quote Originally Posted by jpgodwin View Post
    Thanks for replies

Yes, antenna connected and drivers installed. Have tried cleaning the antennas, switching sides, removing them, I've reset the bios, reinstalled windows, reinstalled bluetooth drivers, upgraded all other drivers, formatted and reinstalled windows, formatted and reinstalled with a different version of windows

Thanks!
    I have the exact same issue with Crosshair VI Hero (Wifi/AC) Anyone have a fix?

ROG Junior Member Array

I have the same problem as well with my Maximus VIII Impact with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth will randomly die and the only thing that brings it back is a CMOS clear.

ROG Enthusiast Array

just found this because my bluetooth on my maximus X formula is now gone. spent all day. literally ALL day troubleshooting this. resetting cmos is next i guess. tried optmized defaults. tried unplugging/replugging.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well tried cmos reset. *Tried unplugging pc. *Tried insider build. *Tried format. *

Bluetooth just gone. *Of course WiFi is fine.

Nothing like a good ole 400 dollar Maximus x formula standing the test of time. *

Best part is the board is plumbed in with water cooling and radiators so RMA isn’t a realistic option. *Least I know to swap back to gigabyte next build. Figured I’d try Asus this time around. *
    Last edited by klepp0906x2; 02-28-2019 at 02:03 PM.

ROG Member Array

MAXIMUS IX CODE v1.xx
    BIOS Version/Date: 1301, 14/03/2018
    ASUS Bluetooth Driver, Version 10.0.0.309
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Exact same problem happened to my rig as reported by OP - one day the bluetooth just stopped working. Windows does not think I have BT hardware anymore. MB about 3 years old only. I kept all the BIOS defaults - haven't changed a thing, only updated the BIOS as new releases came out from ASUS, and last one was 2 or so years ago.

I reinstalled the BT drivers & unplugged the power cable (as suggested above), but no luck. Have not tried cmos reset yet - a bit hesistent to try that since it's running the default BIOS settings anyway, and some posters have had no luck. I assume it will keep the latest BIOS version (1301) and not revert back to the BIOS version that came with the MB originally?

I bought a MS micro USB Bluetooth adapter and Windows recognized it so I have bluetooth again. This leads me to believe the problem is the MB or BT adapter, not Windows.
    Has anyone tried replacing the wifi/BT adapter? Or any other solutions have worked? Thanks.
    Last edited by justforgroups; 03-17-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast