cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEed help with bluetooth not working in Windows 10 (Maximus formula VIII)

jpgodwin
Level 7
Hi there

I'm having a rather large issue getting Bluetooth to work in Windows 10. It simply doesn't work. I cannot find any bluetooth devices, and no bluetooth devices can find my computer.

Motherboard is new, and initially it worked fine, then one day just stopped, and nothing I did would fix it. I've formatted and reinstalled Windows 10, I've tried every single solution I can find online, and nothing makes this motherboard's bluetooth controller work.

Interestingly, I can plug a bluetooth bluetooth dongle in and everything works just fine, so it's definitely not a Windows problem as far as I can tell.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this, that would be great.

Thanks!
36 REPLIES 36

Nate152
Hi jpgodwin

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Just wondering if you installed the Bluetooth driver from the motherboard disc or Asus support center.

Select your operating system then scroll down to BlueTooth.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Thanks for replies

Yes, antenna connected and drivers installed. Have tried cleaning the antennas, switching sides, removing them, I've reset the bios, reinstalled windows, reinstalled bluetooth drivers, upgraded all other drivers, formatted and reinstalled windows, formatted and reinstalled with a different version of windows

Thanks!

jpgodwin wrote:
Thanks for replies

Yes, antenna connected and drivers installed. Have tried cleaning the antennas, switching sides, removing them, I've reset the bios, reinstalled windows, reinstalled bluetooth drivers, upgraded all other drivers, formatted and reinstalled windows, formatted and reinstalled with a different version of windows

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue with Crosshair VI Hero (Wifi/AC) Anyone have a fix?

scgt1
Level 8
I have the same issue. Just picked up a bluetooth keyboard. Turned on both wifi and bluetooth in onboard devices then installed the wifi and bluetooth driver. I'm sitting on the manage bluetooth devices screen with bluetooth on and it just shows it's searching for devices with the dots running across the screen.

scgt1 wrote:
I have the same issue. Just picked up a bluetooth keyboard. Turned on both wifi and bluetooth in onboard devices then installed the wifi and bluetooth driver. I'm sitting on the manage bluetooth devices screen with bluetooth on and it just shows it's searching for devices with the dots running across the screen.

Many BT devices wont show as discoverable unless they are in "pair" mode. This is dumb question but you have that on at the appropriate time, correct?

GotKevlar wrote:
Many BT devices wont show as discoverable unless they are in "pair" mode. This is dumb question but you have that on at the appropriate time, correct?

I have to agree here;

if Windows is actually looking for bluetooth devices, then it says to me that bluetooth is working, just that it cannot find anything (which may indicate the hardware you are trying to set up isn't properly configured [[set to pair mode]])

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
I have to agree here;

if Windows is actually looking for bluetooth devices, then it says to me that bluetooth is working, just that it cannot find anything (which may indicate the hardware you are trying to set up isn't properly configured [[set to pair mode]])

No windows says no bluetooth hardware on my computer, no option to turn it on etc. I install the drivers and it's not there.

xfactor wrote:
No windows says no bluetooth hardware on my computer, no option to turn it on etc. I install the drivers and it's not there.

I actually have the same issue, my Bluetooth has been working fine on Windows 10 since September 2016. Yesterday I was playing Fifa and all of a sudden the Xbox One Bluetooth controller disconnected with the flashing central ring. After a some trouble shooting and trying to connect my Bluetooth headphones and downloading drivers, I think my Bluetooth module took a dive... Bluetooth is not even an option in Windows anymore.

I also noticed a weird thing while playing FIFA right before the module died that I had to get the controller next to the antenna or the game will start stuttering.

Does anybody know if ASUS just sends you out a new one or I have to send in the MOBO?
I got Maximus VIII Formula btw.