cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E + Corsair Vengenace 3200Mhz DDR4 issue [SOLVED]

RoGHD
Level 7
Hi people.

I buy a new RAM Kit for my R5E and i have a big big problem.. The RAMs is not working perfectly with this motherboard...
The RAM is from the new Corsair Vengeance LED series. Link: CMU32GX4M4C3200C16R
The problem is simple, when i set the XMP profile the system is not boot, stop the process with 6F error: Picture
Yes i know the 6F error is the System Agent Voltage.. I increase this voltage but failed. No boot. Again and again 6F. (1.2V too)

So i try different methods for fixed this issue:
-Before/After BIOS Update = Failed.
-Increase DRAM voltage = Failed.
-Increase CPU voltages = Failed.
-Increase DRAM Timing = Failed.
-Increase VCCSA voltage = Failed.
-Increase VCCIO voltage = Failed.
-Manual set the XMP settings = Failed.
-Trying the black RAM slots = Failed.
-1 RAM module = Failed.
-2 RAM module = Failed.
-CPU OC = Failed.
-Mode 2 change to Mode 1 = Working! (But only 3000Mhz because this motherboard is a crap)

I tried everything fixing method I could find on the Internet but not working..

One thing is working.. when i RESET the BIOS and run all hardver with default (AUTO) settings. The RAM now is only 2133Mhz. But this is ridiculous.. I buy 3200Mhz DDR4 and running only 2133Mhz? LOL.

Sorry guys but this is the worst motherboard i ever see in my life... The motherboard's description is say: 8 x DIMM, Max. 64 GB, DDR4 3300(O.C.) /3000(O.C.) /2800(O.C.) /2666(O.C.) /2400(O.C.) /2133 MHz
So why not working my RAMs with 3200Mhz?

PC Specs:
R5E (Bios Version 3402)
i7 5930k @ 4.4Ghz
My old RAMs: HyperX 32GB (8x4) 3000Mhz CL15. (Working perfectly)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming

Pls help or pls make a new BIOS for this RAMs. 😞
19 REPLIES 19

Onimax
Level 8
You own a Hasswell-E CPU, those are known to only work reliably with speeds up to 3000Mhz.
What you could do however is up your VCCSA a little bit _and_ loosen your timings.

As always: It really really really (did I mention really?) comes down to your individual CPU's IMC, if you are lucky you can push the limits.

Ok but why not working the RAM above 2133Mhz? I set to 2400Mhz and the Windows is not load perfectly... only the half desktop. (programs not started)
This RAMs is not working 3000Mhz? Only 2133 and 3200?

One more test remaining: The VCCIO is Auto now... I read in the Internet this thing is the Memory controller voltage.

Legolas
Level 9
If you want DRAM frequency of 3200Mhz, you have to manually set timing to 16-18-18-36 in DRAM configuration.
The 2133Mhz runs at 1.2V ,but for 3200Mhz freqeuncy, 1.2V voltage is too low (will not post), so you need 1.35V for DRAM voltage
Sincerely,
Legolas

Man... *Legolas... Read the first post pls.. I m not a noob... The RAMs not working with Manual settings and not XMP too..
I think you not understand my question in my second post..

samboy87
Level 9
RoGHD

No need to be rude to our Lotr Legolas 🙂

As already said , all depend on your CPU/IMC, 3200mhz is really hard to get stable on Haswell-E even 3000mhz is hard and requieres tinkering.
if you already tried almost everything, your CPU is just to weak to be able to achive 3200mhz. you could try to run them on 3000mhz , and if that doesn't work try loosen timing.
if that doesn't work , your IMC is to weak.

And if you're not a n00b, you would already know that if your ram doesnt work on the advertised Speed it doesn't have anything to do with the motherboard (atleast if your Bios isn't screwed). the R5E is one of the best overclocking boards up to date!

Second , everything above 2133mhz is overclock, and it will never be guaranted that you will achive higher speeds. still...and still depends on the IMC of your CPU.
if you're going to cry me a river then cry it over on Intel 🙂 how does a lemon taste? SOUR!

Read the first post again...
I have HyperX Predator 32GB (8×4GB) 3000Mhz CL15.*
This RAM kit is working perfectly with XMP 3000Mhz.
And this is 8 slot not only 4...
So why not running the Corsair RAM above 2133Mhz??

nick_the_greek_
Level 7
RoGHD

no no do the 3202 bios and under can 3000 mhz and more roll back the bios
the support of broadwell E bios is screwing up the haswell E ram speeds

i use to able to run my G slill RIPJAWS 4 2666mhz oc to 3000mhz @ 15 15 15 1T 1.35 volts
not with the latest bios . i can only do 2800 mhz 100 strap 14 14 14 35 IT 1.35 volts

even on auto timing i cant remember which bios it was i could do 3200
roll back the bios at least to 3202 or under to even be more sure the 2001 bios should or might get you there if your cpu allows it......

or it could be the first gen ddr4 is getting screwed over

with the 125 strap with the 3402 bios 3000mhz runs fine

in the dram tweaking set to mode 2

nick the greek 1 wrote:
RoGHD

no no do the 3202 bios and under can 3000 mhz and more roll back the bios
the support of broadwell E bios is screwing up the haswell E ram speeds

i use to able to run my G slill RIPJAWS 4 2666mhz oc to 3000mhz @ 15 15 15 1T 1.35 volts
not with the latest bios . i can only do 2800 mhz 100 strap 14 14 14 35 IT 1.35 volts

even on auto timing i cant remember which bios it was i could do 3200
roll back the bios at least to 3202 or under to even be more sure the 2001 bios should or might get you there if your cpu allows it......

or it could be the first gen ddr4 is getting screwed over

with the 125 strap with the 3402 bios 3000mhz runs fine

in the dram tweaking set to mode 2

Hi Nick,

you can't really give a global answer to that due to the nature of the CPUs integrated IMCs, they all behave differently.
A bios swap might help tho.

Also I advise against the 125 strap.
whenever possible use the 100 strap - while it might help you with OCing the RAM it almost always casues problems with other parts OCed (at least if you push it to the limits).

Onimax
Level 8
Hey RoGHD,

please try loading bios optimized defaults (or even better clear the CMOS) and reseat the DIMMs.
If that does not work try only one DIMM (see manual on which slots to populate!).

If that still das not work perform bios flashback.

Could be some hiccups with the bios' nvm and ram training... happens.

Edit: Also note that I experienced some "trouble" with Corsair RAM on the X99 platform (both HW-E and BW-E). Had about half a dozen kits in various systems that all required manual fine tuning - those are some quality ram though, just not plug and play as some people might expect.