cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Netflix app issues =/ PLEASE HELP!

Gallros
Level 8
hey, i have some strange problem with my computer..
i have a Asus Rog G752VY 980GTX card and 6700 i7.

i think that i should be able to play Netflix in fullscreen while using battery drift.. in hd quality without lagging out?
problem is that it's lagging alot.. .only in fullscreen mode thou, works fine when not in fullscreen.. =/
i only have this issue when using the Netflix App, when i use browser everything is working just fine... is there anyone who have experienced this?

please help me.. the computer is like brand new... i've had the computer at asus repair center like 3 times now.. but this issue keeps on poping up every time i get the computer back..
and they have made the recovery like 5 times on the computer now.. same thing everytime they have even changed the motherboard and the W-lan card... (first time it was in there) but nothing has changed with Netflix APP.. still the lagg 😞

the computer is working fine in general now.. but like seriously.. not being able to play Netflix in fullscreen while using the battery is just crazy for a computer with this price.. :S

and yeah.. sorry for some bad english xD

/best regards, Kim
7 REPLIES 7

Buggsy
Level 7
I think the App might use MS Silverlight. Make sure that is up to date.
https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Is it any different if you go through a web browser and choose full screen?

hey, thanks for replying! 🙂
i downlodaded the latest silverlight, but it's still very laggy.. and it get worse when the video is more "demanding" like.. alot of people, flashing effects, people running.. that's when it almost crashes... but this is only in the Netflix APP, and in fullscreen mode. NOT in any web browser... it goes really smooth in the web browser... so basicly.. yes.. i could use the browser and just go on with my life like nothing happened... BUT since the computer is brand new.. i would like to know if there is something wrong with the hardware now when i still have the waranty 🙂 so i dont get any bigger issues with this later on.. i dont know if you get what i'm trying to explain but i hope so xD

Thanks for trying to help me atleast! 🙂

i could also add that after it has started lagging like crazy, it does not matter if i plug in the power to the computer.. it will still lag like crazy untill i restart the computer... even the games are lagging like insane.. it's like... lagspikes... heavy laggspikes xD and when i reboot.. it's gone... and i can play the games just as good again.. =/

what do you think, shouldnt i be able to play netflix app in fullscreen with full hd with this graphic card? Nvidia Geforce GTX980? i just find it very strange 😞

I suspect that the app is trying to do it all on the CPU. It's that stupid hybrid graphics mode. I don't have access to an nVidia PC right now, but I suspect this is what you need to do. This is a tad older, but it should at least guide to the right places. The goal is that you want to add your Netflix app to the nVidia profile and change it from "auto" to a forced "GPU" setup.

http://www.howtogeek.com/175281/how-to-force-graphics-options-in-pc-games-with-nvidia-amd-or-intel-g...

I've had to do this on other PCs for similar applications.

oh that could actually be it, i will try it and write when i'm done 🙂

thank you so much! 🙂

so, now i've tried alot of things but nothing seems to make it better.. i've also found out that what you sais seems to be correct, it's the gtx card that does not respond when it should... for example.. i play World of Warcraft, when i start it up.. it works great.. i play at around 95-115 fps... BUT when i tab out.. and tab in again... the fps is at 37.. (just like the GTX card goes in to some kinda sleep mode when i tab out and does not start again when i tab back..) and will stay that way untill i've tabbed out and in about 3-7 times... then if you're lucky.. it will pop back up to 115 and stay that way untill i tab out again... and then it's the same.. =/

is it the Graphic card (GTX card) that's faulty or the motherboard? they've changed the motherboard once already so...

sooo... what do you guys think.. should i send the computer back or is this something i have to fix myself? as i said.. the computer is like brand new.. and ofc i would never have bought it if i knew there was so much issues with the combined graphic cards =/

Best regards, Kim

Its sounds like a driver/software issue. Not really worth sending in for that.

Check to see if Hybrid graphics are enabled or not. Go into the BIOS, and under the Advanced tab, you'll see an option for Graphics Configuration. Look at what you have in there. If it's enabled, disable it and see if that fixes your problems.

If that fixes your issues, then likely you need to troubleshoot the drivers. Start with updating both the nVidia driver, then the Intel graphics driver. Hopefully that gets you squared away.