cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS OC Lightbar Partially Lit, fan lights off, solved?

ShawnSham
Level 7
Hey everyone! Please tell me there is a fix for this aside from a full system restore.

The LED lights on the backside of my monitor, and the led light in the fan exhaust won't turn on.

This is very, very frustrating. I noticed they went out after the windows 10 update on 11/7.

I can't revert back to a previous build and I've tried deleting the updates, no luck.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling ROG center, no luck.

Obviously I've tried turning them on and off via game center, they are unresponsive.

Tried to delete and install the latest ATK, again nothing.

Help me my Jedi's. You are my only hope.
13 REPLIES 13

Dreamonic
Level 12
I've had this happen to me on a couple times. You need to do a system shutdown and then unplug the AC adapter and any peripherals attached. Power on the notebook with just the battery first and then plug in the AC adapter. After, close and open the screen once and give it a few seconds after POST and the lights should be on again.

The issue started when I used the ROG Gaming Center to turn them off one time. They wouldn't come back on using that software after turning them off either. So what I did above worked for it.

Hey brother,

I did what you said but what do you mean when you said "and after POST" and the lights should be back on.

Not sure what you meant by that. The lights are still not coming on. Keyboard is fine and backlit.

Dreamonic
Level 12
In can happen one of two ways. The way I described above with the ROG Gaming Center and the other after restarting so many times from applying settings in the BIOS. So all I did to get the lights working again was I powered the notebook down, disconnected everything, turned it back on, plugged in AC adapter, closed and opened screen (during the boot sequence) and it worked by the time POST had finished and I was at the log-in screen.

If I try shutting down or restarting with the lights in that state, they continue to stay like that with every power on/restart still, unless I do the following above. What could also reset them is if you change your boot mode in the BIOS like disabling fast boot for instance and see if they come back on after saving and exiting (as the system will shutdown during this function and power itself back on).

It'll take a few more tries on your part with different methods. One is bound to work since I've seen the lights come on regardless if software is installed or not.

The oddest thing. I was about to ask questions about getting into the BIOS etc... and my battery died, forgot to charge my laptop.

When I booted it back up, lights came back on.

I have been dealing with this issue for a long time, the half lit lightbar and the no exhaust leds. I've tried updating the atk package, factory reset, turned off the fast boot. even called help desk and they suggested to send it in to fix. But seeing your success with letting the battery die off, i decided to try it myself.

I unplugged the power cord. Set up all my power options to remain on and to not go to sleep. Once the laptop fully drained and turned off. Turned on the almost drained laptop and bam the lightbar was full and exhaust LEDs lit up. Thanks for the help.

Mike

I can confirm, that trick with drained battery worked for me. Thank you!!!

is there any permanent fix for this? fan lights not turning on.

You can also try to do a hard reset (sort of having cmos battery taken off for several seconds). With laptop shutdown, remove charger and press and hold power button for more than 20 seconds and then pushing power button again to turn it on. When doing this, your bios settings will have changed and you need to configure it again as needed.

Any New or Better Solution for this problem yet?

Possibly a bios or configuration setting etc...maybe only a certain ATK or something?

NOTE: The power drain worked for me as well...but ASUS really needs to come up with a new or better solution for this problem!
There Can Be Only One!