cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VS New Bios - Bios 306

Simao
Level 7
Hi.
A new bios version for the Asus G752VS came out - bios 306. In the description says that "fix the keyboard error".
Someone tried this new version?
This new version fix the problem with "high" voltage on the CPU and the high temps?
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

TheRealAK
Level 7
I've just installed it about 2 hours ago. No noticeable difference yet.
ROG G752VM-GC024T. i7 6700HQ. GTX1060. 16Gb DDR4. 256GB SSD. 1TB HDD. 17,3"1920x1080 IPS.

volors
Level 8
Simao wrote:
Hi.
A new bios version for the Asus G752VS came out - bios 306. In the description says that "fix the keyboard error".
Someone tried this new version?
This new version fix the problem with "high" voltage on the CPU and the high temps?
Thanks

Installed it yesterday, the keyboard problem still persist.

Installed it today and no issues crept up.

Am I a moron, or are we still not on an ASUS uefi bios? (I mean, functional mouse etc, not like an old 90's BIOS).

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Looks like another BIOS update was released on 11/11/2016. This is a 2nd BIOS with the number 306 released 2 days after the first.

Version* 306

Description
BIOS 306
Update FW
File Size
2.67 (MBytes)
2016/11/11* update

The filename is slightly different as G752VS_AS306

Any idea what exactly this one does and why there are two BIOS updates with the same version number of 306?

EDIT: Just tried to install it but WinFlash says that the BIOS file is older than your current BIOS version. Very weird....

Dreamonic
Level 12
I've compared the ROMs in the G752VSAS306.zip and G752VS_AS306.zip and they currently match 100%. So nothing is changed other than the name/listing on the ASUS Support page.

They must be in the process of updating it.

WinFlash needs the /nodate command to flash same or older BIOS version over anything newer; It can be set in the WinFlash shortcut (after quotation) target field or in CMD if you don't use the GUI way.

Went to use my laptop tonight and could not get the keyboard to work at all. Had to resort to using a USB keyboard to get anything done. At the latest bios and have installed the latest ATK package. The only button that does work for me is the recording button near the macro keys. Hope they can find a solution to this soon.

Used the newer firmware update. It made the keyboard issue worse. Before, a plugged in USB keyboard would work 100% of the time. Now, i have to replug it sometimes so it starts working. Oh and the integrated keyboard obviously still doesn't work [until windows has booted] if the laptop was shut down with a keyboard plugged into USB.

Also, word of warning, updating resets the SATA controller to RAID mode for some reason.

I updated because I guess I just can't stop Asus Live Update for running. I finally killed everything in the task scheduler to see if that helps.

The only thing I noticed now, is that in the Gaming Center app (not 100% sure if I have that name right), the Hot Zone lighting option is gone now. I use to have more options on the right than I do now, but the only one that I can tell that's missing is the Hot Zone. I haven't had any issues with the keyboard, but that option has never worked or done anything. Now it's just gone. My initial guess was that Asus couldn't make it work and just got rid of it.

Simao
Level 7
You can unistall Asus Live Update. And about the cpu temps and the overheat? This new Bios version fix the problem with the high voltage and overheat?