cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS do not work with Battlefield 1 because old drivers

Tanzmane
Level 7
Hi.

I bought a new notebook (ASUS ROG 752VS) for 3 days ago, and after i had installed Battlefield 1 i got a fault message: Detected NVIDIA Geforce driver version 369.56. The required driver version is 372.90 or later. Please update your drivers at www.geforce.com/drivers before playing the game.

So off course i went to nvidias homepage and tried to download the latest drivers but i got a new message from nvidia that i should download the latest drivers from the manufacturers homepage.

But for my disappointment i saw that i already got the newest drivers from Asus for my Geforce 1070 videocard.

So i installed the latest drivers from nvidia instead and the game worked for a 1/2 hour (with bad FPS) and after that i got a windows fault message that said: geforce driver is not responding.

I called ASUS Sweden and ask about the problem and the first guy told med that i could only run battlefield 1 on recommended videocard settings and if that not worked i should reinstalled the complete notebook... Are they for real???? My ASUS 780 GTX OC in my PC can handle battlefield with ultra settings and about 60FPS.

I have always liked asus because there good products and quality but to sell a high end gaming notebook with drivers from early august or maby july is realy bad!

I will update the thread if they respond to my message.

Hope all gamers have a good gamingevening.
17 REPLIES 17

DeltaActual
Level 12
VS is a disaster. And the fact that no one from dear Asus ever showed up here, letting customers know that they are aware of all the issues - sets the new low industry standard. Return it if possible. There is better options out there. And that's coming *from someone who have bought every G generation since G73....
G614JV

I have the oc version and have no problems with the newest driver.. had same prob that it said to get the new one.. installed it and runs fine now 375.70**is the version I'm running

Okeyy, Thanks for the answer maby it´s my videocard that not work like it should.

MDFMac wrote:
I have the oc version and have no problems with the newest driver.. had same prob that it said to get the new one.. installed it and runs fine now 375.70**is the version I'm running

I have a G752VS (not the OC) and I do not have any issues with the video.

I'm unsure of your conflict, but I'd say it's probably just a driver issue. Try reinstalling the latest nVidia drivers, but this time chose to do a custom install. Under the custom install, there should be an option to do a "clean install". That's often resolved issues for other people.

I don't have my G752VS here to look at, but I'd also say to check out if hybrid graphics are running. Check this thread to make sure that Battlefield 1 is actually using the video card and not just the on board graphics.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88777-G752VY-Netflix-app-issues-PLEASE-HELP!

Asus products are generally good, but their gaming laptops are the worst on the planet. Ive had non stop issues with my g752vy, only 5 months old and the screen and keyboard had to be replaced too.

However, they are cheaper than the competition though, thats why i got this over an msi or alienware...

I have done a clean install now and it worked for 20 minuets, but still around 50-60FPS but maby its normal with all settings to ultra with a 1070 card.

Thanks for the help.

Buggsy wrote:
I have a G752VS (not the OC) and I do not have any issues with the video.

I'm unsure of your conflict, but I'd say it's probably just a driver issue. Try reinstalling the latest nVidia drivers, but this time chose to do a custom install. Under the custom install, there should be an option to do a "clean install". That's often resolved issues for other people.

I don't have my G752VS here to look at, but I'd also say to check out if hybrid graphics are running. Check this thread to make sure that Battlefield 1 is actually using the video card and not just the on board graphics.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88777-G752VY-Netflix-app-issues-PLEASE-HELP!

I have got an answer from asus support today...

Asus:
Since you have try all driver to the graphcard and you have bought it for a few days, i recomend you to contact the retailer and see if you can do a DOA. If they accept , they change it and you should get a new unit.

So tomorrow i will return the notebook to the reseller and im not completely shure if i should have a new ASUS G752VS or go with another one.
What do you all recommend?

Thanks for the support, i will try to return it to the reseller.
I like ASUS products, do you recommend any other asus gaming notebook in this price level?

DeltaActual wrote:
VS is a disaster. And the fact that no one from dear Asus ever showed up here, letting customers know that they are aware of all the issues - sets the new low industry standard. Return it if possible. There is better options out there. And that's coming *from someone who have bought every G generation since G73....

toronto699
Level 13
Latest driver 375.86 Provides the optimal experience for , Battlefield 1,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/111170/en-uk
custom install , do a "clean install
Be sure u have the latest patch for Battle Field 1