Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Can someone PLEASE help me with my Asus G73jh

OK So I bought this from a friend of a friend who had given up on it for very cheap because he beleived to have either busted the graphics card or the motherboard.

LONG story short

I got the laptop managed to SOMEHOW resurrect it for a little bit but it had odd graphical errors like pixelation, green and purple lines here and there and eventually it was done. So I decided to replace the motherboard (i've had to do this for a Dell)

So I get a new motherboard and it's a green color instead of brownish orange or whatever install everything correctly no problems (not a noob to this kind of work)

OK Keyboard now lights up but still NO screen, display, or boot up.

So I remove the graphics card bake it (can't remember the video I followed but it doesnt matter it did not work)

NO worries I used thermal paste when re-doing all of this as well as a power wipe (hold power button after turning off before touching things like I said not a noob)

OK so it's dead whatever I shelf this laptop for about a year because Life finances and what not.

Just this month I decided to order a replacement Graphics card (this one to be exact)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251635573981...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Plug it up and install everything BOOM yay happiness i'm getting some form of progress YAY!!!

till BOOP all of sudden I've been redoing windows 7 all dang weekend because if I install catalyst driver or do something silly like put the resolution to max before installing certain drivers I will be greeted with blue screen loops forever so I learned the process, downloaded drivers accordingly, and all for ONE day I had this laptop running BEAUTIFULLY, restarted it and got some things working like LAN and everything so I was really happy and looking forward to making this my new main laptop.

SO I get home i'm tired going to let it run some updates and what not GO to sleep, wake up don't touch it and go to work, come home and NOW i have NOTHING the laptop does not make sounds, keyboard will light up, and nothing happens no backlight NOTHING AT ALL

back to being a god damn brick and I don't understand.......

I have 6GB of memory I've switched them all about and around hoping for a solution NOTHING.

I even put the OLD motherboard in JUST IN CASE and still nothing... by the way the motherbaord I replaced it with was this (no link but hopefully this is good information)

Genuine Asus G73JH 17.3" Laptop Intel Laptop Motherboard 60-NY8MB1200-B08

The seller on ebay is pmvision

My specs are

Asus G73jh
    6GB Ram
    Graphics Card (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251635573981...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
    intel i7 (don't know how to tell what generation)
    Windows 7 Home Premium

PLEASE any advice and guidance would be GREATLY apprecaited i'm ready to cry honestly out of pure frustration

I'd like to re-up that i'm no noob i've done everything almost absolutely right at this point i'm just wondering did I get some dud parts that weren't actually "genuine" or even "not new" or something like that or i'm just uneducated to an unkown factor here?

PLEASE someone have an answer