cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG 960 Pro NVME Driver

Darren_Stevens
Level 9
Hi all, anybody know where to download the NVME driver for the Samsung 960 Pro ? cant find it on there web site ?
38 REPLIES 38

Makador
Level 7
Darren Stevens wrote:
Hi all, anybody know where to download the NVME driver for the Samsung 960 Pro ? cant find it on there web site ?

Hey mate,

Installed mine yesterday and can't find it either. All I could find was reviewers of the 960 series mentioning that they got beta version drivers for review purposes and that the 960 drivers will come out with Magician software 5.0. I haven't installed Magician software 4.9.7 which all that is online and there is no beta area of Samsung's website that I have access to to see if 5.0 is available.

I think this is a case of we are first adopters and bugger all people have this drive yet and Samsung are putting their final touches on the drivers - or dragging their heels.

Bloody fast drive without the Samsung driver though. My 6700k on Hero VIII boots in 3 seconds once the bios entry screen disappears now.

Cheers

Yeh, thank you, I'm having trouble with write speeds only 478 MB/s, read speeds are 2919 MB/s ? cant figure it out yet, fresh Windows 10 UEFI install, re instaled intel drivers, have tried to install the old 950 Pro NVMe driver & Samsung magician software without success, have emailed Samsung & the new NVMe driver has not been released yet & thats about all thay have said, not very helpfull.

You mean the Seq Q32T1 as per CrystalDiskMark?

I'm getting just over 3200 read and just on 2000 write on the windows drivers. Followed this guide virtually to the letter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-ct8pQcIg with the exception of clearing the keys - my bios didn't have that option so I cleared the first PK key only.

Not sure if that helps at all - I have the 512 gb version and all my results look bang on target. Hero VIII with the latest firmware installed just prior to installing drive. I'll be interested to see what they respond with re the new driver and Magician software update.

Yeh, I have the same, I have done all that exactly as in the link ? Never had this problem before, not sure what's going on just yet ? Still playing around, it is performing well, super fast boot ect, just the write speeds with the Windows driver are very poor at best,

Check the driver area halfway down the page 'Samsung NVMe Driver(2)' here - http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

This looks like only went on today as didn't see it earlier today. I'll try it myself later on tonight.

Ok, found a fix, Device Manager/Samsung SSD 960 Pro 512GB/Right click, select Properties/Select Policies/ Check box, (Turn off Windows write cache buffer flushing on the device To prevent data loss, do not select this check box unless the device has a separate power supply that allows the device to flush its buffer in case of power failure). I Checked this box & hit OK, write speed up to 1814 MB/s !, this will have to do until they release the Samsung 960 Pro NVMe driver.

tried the web site, still wont download, takes you to another Samsung site ?

Jeez in the time it took me to find that driver (v2.0) and then get home they have pulled it off the website and put version 1.1 back up.

hahahaha, how frustrating