cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Right Click issue, doesn't work at all

sharock_bel
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I just unpacked my G762VS today but unfortunately the right click doesn't work at all. Is this hardware issue or driver issue? I should add, I reinstalled the driver for few times.

I checked devices but it seems that windows does not recognize the hardware with official name and it s just hid compatible.

I appreciate your advise on this matter.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

As far as I know, there isn't anything that can disable the left or right touchpad click button without disabling the entire touchpad, so if you don't get better suggestions, make sure you still have time to return or exchange it through your store unless you prefer to just RMA the unit with ASUS.

The touchpad buttons should also work in Windows Safe Mode if you want more confirmation that the problem is hardware-related and try to click on different areas of the right touchpad button to see if something may just be a little off-center.

You shouldn't have any errors in device manager with the ASUS factory image and you may want to try to reset Win10 if you don't mind erasing Windows and starting over if you didn't get the Windows Welcome screen the first time you turned on the unit (which isn't normal if ASUS shipped the unit with Windows preinstalled).

Good luck!