cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502 VS problems

Metallican
Level 7
Hey. I own a GL502vs, and as far as i can tell, the internet is full of problems similar to mine:
1. The battery drain, this is really a dumb issue and obv. someone at ASUS missed this while examining the laptop. IT NEEDS MORE 3 WATTS.
Replace the power adapters, stop telling us to talk to tech support, which will do nothing.
2. This laptop NEEDS a BIOS update asap. The temps are crazy high compared to any other competitor. 90C on firestrike is just too much.
I am in the process of replacing my laptop. and hundreds are doing the same -check amazon reviews, or any forum you like-
I cant believe how ASUS is just ignoring a problem and believing that this makes it go away. I talked to the tech supp about the thermal situation: they had no solution whatsoever.
Wanna me to tell you what to do with the BIOS update ? fine, increase the fan speed, no one cares that much about noise, believe me, this is not an ultrabook and we know that
reduce the voltage on the CPU a bit. It seems to be too high. or simply provide us with a program that can control the fans if you guys dont know how to do it.

oh and please, an ASUS representative reply would be nice of you. your twitter account doesnt reply.
6 REPLIES 6

Kaffa
Level 7
Everything that has been said here is true.
The battery issue is ridicules. GPU temp at around 84-85 is tolerable, but hot. The lifespan of the GPU will be very short...

Already replaced mine. This is sad because this laptop has so much potential to be an excellent affordable highend gaming laptop, but
ASUS really failed here

Kaffa wrote:
Everything that has been said here is true.
The battery issue is ridicules. GPU temp at around 84-85 is tolerable, but hot. The lifespan of the GPU will be very short...

Already replaced mine. This is sad because this laptop has so much potential to be an excellent affordable highend gaming laptop, but
ASUS really failed here

I ordered a replacement unit, since my last one had an overheating -it reached 90C on firestrike!!!-.
if i stressed test it, it would literally melt and burn my house. I would be happy then to sue ASUS.
anyway, if the overheating persist i will be happy to cost ASUS even more money and require a refund.
I would probably never buy another ASUS in my life time ever again. Should have sticked to MSI in the first place.
I have an old GP60 with i5 and 850m, it can run bf1 with lower temp than the GL502vs, can you realize that ? its a universal joke

Metallican wrote:
I ordered a replacement unit, since my last one had an overheating -it reached 90C on firestrike!!!-.
if i stressed test it, it would literally melt and burn my house. I would be happy then to sue ASUS.
anyway, if the overheating persist i will be happy to cost ASUS even more money and require a refund.
I would probably never buy another ASUS in my life time ever again. Should have sticked to MSI in the first place.
I have an old GP60 with i5 and 850m, it can run bf1 with lower temp than the GL502vs, can you realize that ? its a universal joke

So sad that a laptop with so much potential is not doing the basics... 90 is waaay to much.

I got this laptop hoping it would be great for gaming & portability. The battery issue and the temps are a dealbreaker.
Hope you will be satisfied with your new ASUS, or the next brand you choose.

Just an update, i recieved yesterday the 2nd unit. it had the same heating issue plus a new problem with the enter button, where there is a wierd noise when the fans are on, if you press the enter button, the noise gets supressed.
I talked today to the retailer and sent it back for refund.

Thanks ASUS for the worst experiece i have ever had in purchasing a device, hope you lose millions of customers just like samsung did.

Hi,
I'm having the same issue.
From what I read and saw in reviews these temperatures are quit high but still normal for a laptop that working in full power.

Do you guys know what can we do to solve this?

ido505 wrote:
Hi,
I'm having the same issue.
From what I read and saw in reviews these temperatures are quit high but still normal for a laptop that working in full power.

Do you guys know what can we do to solve this?

Your two options are getting a refund and going with a different laptop or invest in a notebook cooler (preferably with 3 large fans) to aid cooling. I did the notebook cooler with my MSI GT640 which ran as hot as 95c with Crysis 2 on high at 1280x720. The cooler made it at a safe 80c afterwards. I'd suggest a notebook cooler if you still love the laptop.

Notebookcheck states that the stress tests made it as high as 92c, and the fans were very loud at the max of 51dB when its pushed to its limit. So this means its entirely dependent on what game you play and how long you play it for. Game settings play part, so why not try V-sync to cap the FPS at 60?