cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a 4TB Samsung EVO 950 Pro supported by the BIOS on the G20AJ

bobbywise
Level 7
I'm have a G20AJ with 128 SSD and 1TB HDD.
I'm thinking of swapping out the 1TB HDD with a 3.5" to 2.5" caddy and an SSD.
I'd like to put the biggest possible SSD in place of the 1TB HDD.

Does the G20AJ BIOS support the Samsung 4TB EVO 950 Pro SSD ?
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks Nate,

Seems a bit bogus that spec sheet 😞
My model is *G20AJ-FR028S, which has a GTX 980 (the spec sheet doesn't list that).

I wonder if anyone has managed to install higher than 256 GB SSD -- surely at least 1 TB are supported ? :-(*

Bump -- can anyone report here with the capacity of the SSD they upgraded to*:o

Well, I'm running a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD in my 2.5 ... it's primary, and the stock 3.5 is Data.

Thanks OxFactor. I noticed some other posts quoting 250 and 500 GB.
I plan to upgrade the 980 GPU for a 1080, so at the same time I will try changing the 1TB HDD for a 1TB SSD EVO that I have.
Ultimately, I prefer to change it for a 2TB or 4TB SSD if those are supported, and leave the 128 GB SSD that was delivered with the G20 in place.

Can anyone else list what SSD they have installed ?*

bobbywise
Level 7
Bump.
I'm curious to know what capacity Samsung EVOs people have successfully upgraded with.
Thanks to reply *

bobbywise wrote:
Bump.
I'm curious to know what capacity Samsung EVOs people have successfully upgraded with.
Thanks to reply *

I'm looking to get an SSD installed and was wondering if anyone has installed 1TB or even a 2TB on a G20AJ.

Thanks

chrimen wrote:
I'm looking to get an SSD installed and was wondering if anyone has installed 1TB or even a 2TB on a G20AJ.

Thanks

personally I can't see why the system won't allow you to install and run the higher TB ssd, buy one and try and let us know how you got off, you can always send it back if it doesn't work