cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access 'Fancy' UEFI bios on G752VS-RB71, only Legacy Bios ?

wallybanger
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I have a new G752 laptop and for some reason I can not boot into the fancy new UEFI bios. If I hit ESC or F2 it only ever puts me into the old legacy bios. Is there a trick to it?
5 REPLIES 5

wallybanger
Level 7
Seriously? No one knows how to do this?

Maybe nobody didn't told you because it's too easy to find: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10

Digimutant
Level 7
wallybanger wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a new G752 laptop and for some reason I can not boot into the fancy new UEFI bios. If I hit ESC or F2 it only ever puts me into the old legacy bios. Is there a trick to it?

There's no fancy BIOS like you see on those ROG boards, only the legacy looking UEFI BIOS. My ThinkPad is in the same way, as it looks like my older ThinkPad and the Asus G752VT I own seems to use the same principle of how the UEFI is represented.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes Asus has disabled most setting so there is no need for the elaborate interface like what they have on there motherboards.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you can get in you are in. On the ROG laptops its pretty stripped down. No need for all the things to help you blow up your machine before its time. Everything works fine using auto detect technology. There is no legacy BIOs, its UEFI. All UEFI means is that the machines firmware is linked to the OS, nothing more. IMO this was actually a smart move by ASUS. My bet is it reduced their RMA rate by very large numbers. A laptop is not like a desktop where you can open a cover and clear the CMOS when you have screwed the pooch, hell my Maximus VIII extreme I dont even have to do that, there is a retry button in the back or I can flash the BIOS to default without even turning the machine on. It takes complete disassembly to get to the battery in a laptop, and I do me COMPLETE!! (Been there and done that).

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein