cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ G752VS ] Insane fan noise and can't find fix

sheep702
Level 7
I really like the layout of the keyboard and style of this laptop, but my god the fan noises are killing me.
The temperatures on this laptop has skyrocketed compared to my G750JM before. My G750JM was insanely quiet on any games I played, and rarely made any loud fan noises.

I have uninstalled the Asus Gaming Center in hopes that it would somehow fix it, and I've installed throttlestop and tried undervolting my CPU from there, but with no luck in reducing the loud fan noises.

I followed Miguel's advice on this post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88277-G752VS-Lowered-CPU-voltage-in-BIOS-no-more-throttlin..., and still get the same high fan noises. I want to find a solution before returning this laptop and going with a different brand, because I love the feel and layout of this laptop very much.

---- The loud fan noises occur on every game I play, even a simple game like League of Legends.
---- When I try to play Civ 6, the fan noises are even louder.

If someone could provide a fix or something that worked for your VS, please do! Thank you for helping and reading.
7 REPLIES 7

miguel_pereira
Level 7
What are the max temperatures while playing? You could have a unit with defect.

My G752VS is ok in the noise department, considering the power it has. I doubt you'll get much better somewhere else with this kind of power.

This is my 2nd unit, the first one had the same problem. Unless I have really bad luck, and they're both defective, then ****. My max temperature is around 80 and the fans ramp up to around 4,000 RPM.

I guess it's okay if its loud while I'm gaming, but is there anyway to turn down the fan RPM when it's idle? It seems to stay at 1900 RPM ~ 40C when I'm doing nothing on my laptop. IS there anyway to adjust it down to 1500 RPM @ 40C and 1900 RPM 50C+

The one thing that would make me extremely happy is to find a way to turn down the rpm of the laptop when its idle, because I'll be using this laptop in class and I really hope it doesn't become a problem.

The G752VS uses a GTX 1070 and a very high powered i7 so of course, it'll ramp the fan up during games. The fan will ramp up if you don't have V-sync on from what I remember when I had my desktop and that made a difference and have done it that way since. Have you considered V-sync in Civ 6 and LoL?

Thank you for the advice, let me try it and see how it goes!

Digimutant wrote:
The G752VS uses a GTX 1070 and a very high powered i7 so of course, it'll ramp the fan up during games. The fan will ramp up if you don't have V-sync on from what I remember when I had my desktop and that made a difference and have done it that way since. Have you considered V-sync in Civ 6 and LoL?

it works?

Danielchirita82
Level 7

Fan metal below.jpg

 Hello,

I take it out the metal of fan support (see in the picture) under motor, because was vibrating in plastic case below and also I put oil in the fan axis. Now is working perfectly and very silence like a new one.