cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai suite III uninstalled but some of its services are still running

Dave500
Level 7
Just having a good look at running processes and services in AUTORUNS app and there are several services belonging to AI suite III that was installed on my machine,
I just terminated the asus fan control process

but there are others i'm sure that are still loading with windows

ASUS HM com =aaHMsvc.exe 32bit
ASUS Com Service =atkexComSvc.exe 32bit (not sure if this belongs to AIsuite iii or ASUS cloud )???
And in scheduled tasks i have ASUS UNS 3.0 boost service , Am i right in thinking that is also a reminant from asus AI suite iii and can be safely deleted or unchecked without the risk of loosing mouse control again ?

And in the windows task sheduler i also have Asus usb 3.0 boost service, Is this also part of AI suite iii? without me loosing mouse control again ?

Well it turns out that one of those services the atkexComSvc.exe is related in some way to the loading of the realtek audio driver,
8 REPLIES 8

NemesisChild
Level 12
Did you use the AI Suite removal tool:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Did you use the AI Suite removal tool:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner
that appears to be for the ASUS AI SUITE II

I had previously already run the version for ASUS AI SUITE II I downloaded from this link i found on here somewhere:https://doc-0s-84-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/1fm5liit...

Chino wrote:
AI SUITE III CLEANER
I already had used that version ,after the borked uninstallation, running it again does nothing

They are no longer running as i disabled the scheduled task and services manually , apart from one which would appear to be connected with the sound or realtek gui and task bar icon

Chino wrote:
AI SUITE III CLEANER

That link is broken. Someone please give me a working link for AI Suite III Cleaner to get rid of this cancer!!!

PJayZ wrote:
That link is broken. Someone please give me a working link for AI Suite III Cleaner to get rid of this cancer!!!

Try this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnM0VyNkZ3SjhEdGM/view?usp=sharing

Chino
Level 15
If you've disabled them via services.msc already, then you can proceed to delete them off your PC. They should be inside an ASUS folder located in Program Files.

Chino wrote:
If you've disabled them via services.msc already, then you can proceed to delete them off your PC. They should be inside an ASUS folder located in Program Files.

I just deleated the AI suite iii subfolder from the ASUS folder in X86 programe files , and made the mistake of deleting the usb 3 boost,( that was part of AI SUITE III , again ended up without mouse /usb , following reboot , the AIsuite seems to have really screwed up my OS , all because ASUS did not instruct users to first uninstal their older version of AI suite iii prior to installing the DIP update which also modifies the AI suite iii GUI making the task of uninstalling it far from simple

Ok got usb and mouse control back again, i have re installed the realtek sound driver /asus sonic suite, and still getting the ATKEX_Cmd.exe error at start up, the realtek installation ends with a error but sound working ??????????? i have run reg cleaner in CCleaner and deleated the old reg entries , but i still get this error from google searches ATKEX_Cmd.exe is belonging to the sound driver or load sense

I eventually found where the offending ATKEX_CMD.exe was located and i just renamed it .old no more error pop up at start up, from reading older threads on here it is trying to run a conponent of AI SUITE III which isn't on my rig any more

As for tuning the chassis fans so they aren't speeding up for nothing & racing away i have then set to manual mode and DC i think as the 2 case fans are 3 pin, the additional 14cm notcua case fan is connected to the same fan output via a splitter cable , they are set to use the CPU , even with manual mode they the lowest the will run at is 500-850prm whilst the CPU fan is running at 250 at it's lowest that is using PWM

I did try using the q fan auto tuning and it set them too high even on silent mode, Whe i tried to enter a lower than 100% cycle it gives an error and goes back to the 100%