cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VS Turbo gear update for Overheat Issue

Simao
Level 7
Hi.

Came out two days ago a new update specifically for the "Turbo gear". The name of the update is "Turbo gear update".
Some of you said that overheat is caused by a bad "voltage" used by turbo gear, and recommended not use him or unistall.
Someone have try this new update? He fix the overheat and the throttle when overclock? Fix the high voltage?
In the description of the update says "Turbo Gear Updater is used to update ROG Gaming Center overclocking configuration" , "Notice: System need a reboot to apply the configuration update".

Please when try or use, leave or feedback here.
The update can be found in Asus Web-site, in the part of "Utilities".

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

sheep702
Level 7
I would also like to see an update to this, and see how they're fixing the heating issues!

I will try to find it now and try it out

here is the shot of a cpu stress with cpuz seems the volts are lower not sure of any other changes and under stress on exstream it doesn't throttle now. but I will have to test with bf 1.. I have been playing with the settings for days now and found that bf 1 would over heat and throttle when the cpuz stress would not.

realbench of 111926 on extream max package temp of 90
v of 1.72 at the highest point and only for a second... most of the time around 1.55

DeltaActual
Level 12
So what's going on with this update? Did it fix the VS *throttle issues?
G614JV

Simao
Level 7
The same doubt here. Still waiting for the feedback of someone ... Did it fix the overheat and high temps?

have not had one throttle or over heat with it on extreme with any of the benchmarks or game that I do, unlike before patch.. now to get this keyboard firmware fixxed

MDFMac wrote:
have not had one throttle or over heat with it on extreme with any of the benchmarks or game that I do, unlike before patch.. now to get this keyboard firmware fixxed

That's good to know
Thanks man*
G614JV

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hi there.

Got some questions about this I hope you can answer.

Are you still running the Asus gaming center version 1.0.12 with this?
How did the installation of Turbo Gear Updater go exactly?
Do you know exactly what the Turbo Gear Updater did?
Did you run benchmarks for before and after running the Turbo Gear Updater?

Thanks!

the update makes it so it don't over heat and throttle down as hard as it was doing. if you bench it at standard then extreme you will find its worse on extreme unless you put in the patch because of the throttling