cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low FPS GL502VS

terry00
Level 7
Hi All,

Just got a new GL502VS today, and I'm noticing some very low FPS in games such as WoW, Civ 6, even in Heaven benchmark.

Things seem to be locked at 30/40 FPS. Is this related to something with GSync? Should it be turned off? Or am I missing another setting that might unlock some higher frame rates on this computer.

Thanks Everyone!
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Make sure your laptop is plugged into the wall when you're gaming or running GPU intensive benchmarks.

I do have it plugged in.

Thank you.

Metallican
Level 7
terry00 wrote:
Hi All,

Just got a new GL502VS today, and I'm noticing some very low FPS in games such as WoW, Civ 6, even in Heaven benchmark.

Things seem to be locked at 30/40 FPS. Is this related to something with GSync? Should it be turned off? Or am I missing another setting that might unlock some higher frame rates on this computer.

Thanks Everyone!

Turn off G-Snyc.
Also use "High performance" profile in windows power options.

Metallican wrote:
Turn off G-Snyc.
Also use "High performance" profile in windows power options.

Well, turning off GSync helped quite a bit, in Heaven and in WoW. Need to test Civ some more.

Is keeping Gsync on though a smart move? Or does it not really matter.

Thanks Everyone!

I had to remove all of the NVIDIA driver/software off my machine using programs and features. Using the clean install function doesn't have the desired effect. Then I downloaded and installed the 375.95 driver from NVIDIA and used the express install option. It seems if you upgrade/clean install over the top of the factory installed driver or it persists some odd setting that makes it cap at 30FPS. Hope this works for you.