cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z170i Pro Gaming overclocking problems

Leoshle0
Level 7
Since the latest bios update I am no longer able to set any adaptive voltage settings below 1.220v and it will not go higher or lower. Previously I could run my cpu at stock settings on 1.010v, 4.3ghz at 1.135v, 4.4ghz at 1.170v and 4.5ghz at 1.210v (these are max volts, previously wouldn't go higher). I have tried lowering llc but nothings working, lowered adaptive voltage. I have noticed some new settings in bios and tried fidling with those, but I am still unable to set an adaptive voltage below 1.220v I am using cpu-z and hwmonitor to check my vcore.

Anyone know why the latest bios is forcing me to use 1.220v and above? When previously I could set any voltage i wanted.

My specs are
I7 6700K
z170i pro gaming motherboard
g.skill ripjaws v 3000mhz ddr4 ram
3 REPLIES 3

Leoshle0
Level 7
Tried using manual voltage. it wont accept the voltage I put in and continues to fluctuate and acts if its in adaptive mode. I think this new bios is broken....

Nate152
Hi Leoshle0

Are you entering the voltage in the "cpu core voltage override"?

If you want a lower voltage than 1.22v you'll have to use a negative offset.

Im entering the voltage in the adaptive additional voltage box like i used to. I have also tried manual voltage settings as well as adding negative offset in adaptive mode which neither worked.

I think my boards faulty, as i tried to rma it for a bluetooth/wifi not working and the pc shop simply repaired it even though it was 2 weeks old. I also get failed bootups with overclocking failed when im not even running any extreme clocks and pass hours of stability tests... too which i enter setup and make no changes, and it boots up fine the second time.