cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY - FAN always at Maximum, solved?

ultimazlitezjc
Level 7
Suddenly My laptop's fan are always running at full speed, it is so annoying that even without load you can hear the fans. (CPU)
Can anyone help me how to fix this one?
Every input is much Apprciated

Suddenly it went ok upon restarting
17 REPLIES 17

msang2323
Level 7
I have the same fan issues...
I even did a fresh clean install of Windows 10.

Take a look at ...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81739-Asus-G750JZ-GTX-880-Not-Detected-Error-code-10
and
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88963-G750JS-does-not-detect-Nvidia-video-card

Is your NVidia card detected in Device Manager?
Do you have an errors in Device Manager (code 10)?

I'm dealing with this right now...
- Video fan running no stop
- Nvidia card not detected...

msang2323 wrote:

Take a look at ...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81739-Asus-G750JZ-GTX-880-Not-Detected-Error-code-10
and
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88963-G750JS-does-not-detect-Nvidia-video-card

I have this problen on g750jz.

Bios downgrade didnt help.

Did you ever solve this?
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

navis995 wrote:
I have this problem on g750jz.
Bios downgrade didn't help.
Did you ever solve this?

Hello Navis. Now (Oct 2018) my fan doesn't go off as much as it did in the past.

Here are a few things I did (rough chron order). Note that you should read what I posted earlier on this NVidia Video Card and fan issue thread.

I don't one single fix resolved my issue (97%) but rather a mix of them.

Let me know if any of them helped you.

2016ish - See my previous quotes. Turns out that all this happened after my niece knocked it off a table. It was on battery and "sleep mode" while multiple chrome tabs open. I think it landed on a corner of the base since the monitor itself was not damaged.

**Demonic suggested flashing my vram but I didn't and was afraid due to lack of experience. - and I was already frustrated at my laptop at that point

- After installing a clean version of win10 I still had the issue.
- I then disabled the NVidia card in "Device Manager" but left the startup app "on" for the card (NVidia Settings). It will just show no cards attached. <-----This helped to a degree

2018 early -
- I realized that when my fan would automatically come on was during the BIOS (enable "Fast Bootup" helps in Window Settings).
- Does this happen for you?
- So I saw that my DVD is setup to boot up before my hard drive. I then moved it to a lower priority. <--- This I think it has helped me the most 95% ok.

- Maybe the laptop landed on the DVD drive and screwed it up.
- I never tried flashing the Vram as suggested. Would info stuck in the Vram cause the fan (video) issue?
- I'm frustrated that I can't use my NVidia card and stuck with my integrated Intel video card.
- And all this happened 2 weeks after my warranty expired.

Let me know in anything helps you.

msang2323 wrote:
Hello Navis. Now (Oct 2018) my fan doesn't go off as much as it did in the past.

Here are a few things I did (rough chron order). Note that you should read what I posted earlier on this NVidia Video Card and fan issue thread.

I don't one single fix resolved my issue (97%) but rather a mix of them.

Let me know if any of them helped you.

2016ish - See my previous quotes. Turns out that all this happened after my niece knocked it off a table. It was on battery and "sleep mode" while multiple chrome tabs open. I think it landed on a corner of the base since the monitor itself was not damaged.

**Demonic suggested flashing my vram but I didn't and was afraid due to lack of experience. - and I was already frustrated at my laptop at that point

- After installing a clean version of win10 I still had the issue.
- I then disabled the NVidia card in "Device Manager" but left the startup app "on" for the card (NVidia Settings). It will just show no cards attached. <-----This helped to a degree

2018 early -
- I realized that when my fan would automatically come on was during the BIOS (enable "Fast Bootup" helps in Window Settings).
- Does this happen for you?
- So I saw that my DVD is setup to boot up before my hard drive. I then moved it to a lower priority. <--- This I think it has helped me the most 95% ok.

- Maybe the laptop landed on the DVD drive and screwed it up.
- I never tried flashing the Vram as suggested. Would info stuck in the Vram cause the fan (video) issue?
- I'm frustrated that I can't use my NVidia card and stuck with my integrated Intel video card.
- And all this happened 2 weeks after my warranty expired.

Let me know in anything helps you.

Thanks for the reply. The thing is that I cant even get the GPU to be recognized. I get An ACPI Power Object failed to transition state, Error Code 10 in device manager under pci express x16 adapter and nothing I tried helped it.

I tried to flash VBIOS but GPU does not get recognized. I guess your issue was something else.

So you are telling me you still dont have the GPU control and are using Intel HD?

Thank you again for replying.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

ok,
for me, sometimes the card may be recognized. I run it at disabled which also seems to take care of a yellow exclamation point in unknown devices.
For example, right now the Nvidia card is recognized but I have it disabled. I could enable it and see what happens but not dealing again with it. As for the fan... when my video card has issues (unrecognized device) my fan goes to high right up on boot up. Note that I have 2 fans (one on either side) and its seems its the video fan which acts

Indyjones
Level 7
Is your power plan set to performance? Set it to balanced, and see if that makes a difference.

msang2323 wrote:

Take a look at ...
and

I see, the fan that I'm dealing with is for the CPU

Indyjones wrote:
Is your power plan set to performance? Set it to balanced, and see if that makes a difference.

haven't checked that out

Update:

Weird, when i tried restarting everything was ok now, haven't done anything but restart 😞

Thank You for your time guys

Windows 10 does alot of things in the background without you knowing, like updates, bloatware and 3rd party programs. This will cause alot of system usage and hence the fan noise. I used to have this problem, to solve it i purchased AVG Tune Up. It detects anything that is running in the background and lets you disable it. It will only disable the program in the background. It will run normally when it is opened.

You will not believe what i found permanently running in the background on my G752VY, some were - Real player downloader, realplayer update service, java update service, google chrome, chromium, fallout - new vegas, 7 days to die (why are games running when im not using them???), origin, mozilla maintenence service, asus giftbox, microsoft dropbox, asus usb charger plus, wps office, thunderbolt, asus live update (it updates and installs asus bloatware, i manually update all my drivers), skype, microsoft one drive, microsoft live, product updater, nvidia geforce experience.

So for me, that was about 15 junk programs running constantly when i turned on the laptop. You can view the list on Tune Up Utilities and decide for yourself what you want to disable. As of now, my laptop no longer blasts its fan randomly like last time, although an automatic windows update might cause it. I suggest purchasing avg tune up when its on Christmas sale, give them your email on the purchase page, and at the checkout, close the window. They will assume the price scared you off, and will soon email you to offer you a 60% discount. Thats what happened for me lol. Besides avg tune up, i also uninstalled ROG game first (causes bad stuttering and ping lag) and disabled sonic suite ( this program also causes the popping sounds from the speakers).

I hope this works for you. These laptops arent cheap.

Armesis wrote:
Windows 10 does alot of things in the background without you knowing, like updates, bloatware and 3rd party programs. This will cause alot of system usage and hence the fan noise. I used to have this problem, to solve it i purchased AVG Tune Up. It detects anything that is running in the background and lets you disable it. It will only disable the program in the background. It will run normally when it is opened.

You will not believe what i found permanently running in the background on my G752VY, some were - Real player downloader, realplayer update service, java update service, google chrome, chromium, fallout - new vegas, 7 days to die (why are games running when im not using them???), origin, mozilla maintenence service, asus giftbox, microsoft dropbox, asus usb charger plus, wps office, thunderbolt, asus live update (it updates and installs asus bloatware, i manually update all my drivers), skype, microsoft one drive, microsoft live, product updater, nvidia geforce experience.

So for me, that was about 15 junk programs running constantly when i turned on the laptop. You can view the list on Tune Up Utilities and decide for yourself what you want to disable. As of now, my laptop no longer blasts its fan randomly like last time, although an automatic windows update might cause it. I suggest purchasing avg tune up when its on Christmas sale, give them your email on the purchase page, and at the checkout, close the window. They will assume the price scared you off, and will soon email you to offer you a 60% discount. Thats what happened for me lol. Besides avg tune up, i also uninstalled ROG game first (causes bad stuttering and ping lag) and disabled sonic suite ( this program also causes the popping sounds from the speakers).

I hope this works for you. These laptops arent cheap.

thanks for this
i already removed all bloatwares upon buying the laptop
i will monitor background processes later on,

by the way i even tried something that i read about external keyboard but i dont think it has an effect, here is what i read - https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/193952-asus-rog/87416-asus-g752vy-cooling-fan-speed-issue