cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3month old laptop already sent in for one RMA sent back to me with faulty HDD........

gamer734
Level 7
The 1600.00 laptop purchase from hell continues. This is the story here:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88442-3month-old-asusrog-g752-wouldnt-boot-this-morning-fro...

Fig out the answer to my question about why the light was flashing on the HDD.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88852-HDD-icon-flashing-non-stop-on-just-Returned-from-RMA-...

Today went to play nba 2k17 and found it was deleted along with ALL my steam games. Quickly noticed my games on the SSD were there still. Then after doing some research I realized my entire HDD isn't showing in the laptop. Tried some online solutions to the problem, couldn't do system restore since I had the computer back a week only and no places were created in that time. So I did a reset and same problem no HDD showing whatsoever.

So had no choice but to call support. Didn't take him long to tell me to RMA my laptop. I told him I just got this laptop back from RMA and they sent me back the same broken laptop. I'm leaving to teach English in Asia for 6 months Dec5 at 6am I tried explaining to him I don't have time to even do another RMA.

I asked the service guy if I could just go to a service center or store in person I will fly from Michigan to California if need be to trade in this lemon laptop and get a diff one. I don't want the same broken laptop back from RMA. I don't have time to wait around for them to send me back this laptop again. This thing has already had 2 replacement parts its pretty clear it wasn't built well from the get go. Anyways he put me on hold and said I have to send it in no other options.

Anyone have any suggestions on a trick to find my HDD? Any suggestions on ways to avoid another RMA? Right now I'm guessing I'm gonna have to send in the computer again and not be able to mess with it again till I get home in 6 months. Then when I get home I'll have 2 months to test it for the next problem that is gonna happen to it while the warranty is still in play.
12 REPLIES 12

Armesis
Level 10
Ive had my G752VY for about 5 months now and i have had endless software and hardware problems with it. Recently the keyboard and screen had to be replaced due to hardware failure. The reality is that these rog laptops are very poorly put together, just send it to the service center and get them to replace whatever needs replacing. Just be sure to remove any sensitive material and stored passwords on your web browsers and programs before you send it.

Armesis wrote:
Ive had my G752VY for about 5 months now and i have had endless software and hardware problems with it. Recently the keyboard and screen had to be replaced due to hardware failure. The reality is that these rog laptops are very poorly put together, just send it to the service center and get them to replace whatever needs replacing. Just be sure to remove any sensitive material and stored passwords on your web browsers and programs before you send it.

This is unacceptable. I dont have time to do a RMA I'm leaving the country Dec 5th at 6am for and I wont be back till early May. I've already emailed asus and pmed forum support my proof of travel. I bought this computer to fix my computer problems not create a bunch of new ones.

The service center said Asus will need to keep my laptop 3-5 business days. So even if i send it overnight shipping fedex both ways I wont have time to complete a RMA. The reason I'm short on being able to do the RMA is because Asus sent my laptop back standard shipping when I paid for overnight shipping back. If asus sent my laptop back properly I'd have time do do a RMA.

This computer is faulty. What should happen is I send them my faulty laptop and they let me go pick up this model at a store or overnight ship me a new laptop from the warehouse. This isnt a new laptop anymore its refurbished.

Another thing about this laptop is you can now buy it for 1250.00. So even if they replace the laptop for me i just bought it for 1579.00 on 8/10. Asus will also be able to sell this laptop refurbished and make back 900+ on it. Their still gonna be profiting a ton here.

Me on the other hand have spent over 10+hours dealing with forum posts,calls,emails, and driving places(35min drive to fedex). I've had to buy a expensive laptop box to mail it out of my pocket, deal with constant frustration. Now I have to go through this all over again and on top of it I wont be in the country to get my laptop back. Theirs a good chance something else will be wrong with it in the future as well.

I brought up flying anywhere in the country to trade it in even. Todays thanksgiving I have 6 business including tomorrow before I fly. I'll be teaching english in Thailand and sounds like theirs no way I can get this by mail there. I'd of had a extra 4 business days added to the timespan if asus would of used the overnight return shipping i paid. They didnt use it and just refunded me the cash instead.

I really cant believe im gonna be looking at leaving with no laptop whatsoever. I invested alot of my income in this thing for it to be a huge part of my work and entertainment.

Im sorry to hear that, i wish you the best of luck anyway. Just remember to forget ASUS when you make your next purchase, i know i will. This is the most unreliable laptop/pc ive owned/built since the 1990s, and also the very first time ive had to send a laptop to a service center. Thank you ASUS.

Previously owned a G752VT and a G752VS.Great hardware but they broke down easy.The G752VS who was a top of the line laptop from Asus got strange lines across the screen after only two months.And that one costed me around 30 000:- kronor or 3700 dollar.They are both sold today and i wont buy another one.

The new owner to the G752VT sent it in for some problem and when he got it back it sounded like there was some lose screws in it.Oh my !!!.

Armesis wrote:
Im sorry to hear that, i wish you the best of luck anyway. Just remember to forget ASUS when you make your next purchase, i know i will. This is the most unreliable laptop/pc ive owned/built since the 1990s, and also the very first time ive had to send a laptop to a service center. Thank you ASUS.

Yeah basically where im at today in regards to asus. Just spent a hour on the phone to be told the options for my situation from a underling customer support guy and then a conversation with the supervisor.

A.take my laptop to a shop and get ram installed and risk voided warranty.(this was suggested by the underling since im strapped for time)
B.Send in computer and have somebody mail it to me overseas
C. Have it service in Thailand

I'm not risking sending a expensive laptop through Thailands terrible mail system. Very good chance it never makes it to me and if it does very well could be damaged. Also not having it serviced in Thailand. The techs in NA cant service the laptop properly god only knows what they'd do to it in Thailand.

I brought up sending in the laptop overnight shipping and having asus send me back the same model. Explained the price diff how much the company has already profited from my purchase and his reply was they only send new computers if the laptop has been sent in 3 times with the same problem and cant be fixed. You could literally spend the entire year warranty back and forth with RMAS the way they operate.

It would be so easy for them to just take my computer back fix it up sell if for cash. Give me the exact same laptop which isnt even a top model anymore through a store pick up or the mail. They'd have a happy customer and also would still be seeing their profit. Instead I just get screwed over and over.

gamer734 wrote:
This is unacceptable. I dont have time to do a RMA I'm leaving the country Dec 5th at 6am for and I wont be back till early May. I've already emailed asus and pmed forum support my proof of travel. I bought this computer to fix my computer problems not create a bunch of new ones.

The service center said Asus will need to keep my laptop 3-5 business days. So even if i send it overnight shipping fedex both ways I wont have time to complete a RMA. The reason I'm short on being able to do the RMA is because Asus sent my laptop back standard shipping when I paid for overnight shipping back. If asus sent my laptop back properly I'd have time do do a RMA.

This computer is faulty. What should happen is I send them my faulty laptop and they let me go pick up this model at a store or overnight ship me a new laptop from the warehouse. This isnt a new laptop anymore its refurbished.

Sorry you find it unacceptable, just being realistic. To expend that much effort over a cheap hard drive that takes 5 minutes to replace yourself just on the principle that is should be covered under warranty. You lose more in your time, shipping cots etc.

Were on your side Bro, just trying to offer up solutions to alleviate your time constraints. I can tell you with absolute certainty that no PC manufacturer is going to just send you a new laptop overnight or a voucher to pick one up locally or any other manufacturer of anything else. They will keep it for months on end and replace every component in it possibly making it even worse depending on which 3rd party repair facility gets it. (The only place ASUS is actually going to work on it is in Taiwan, everywhere else they hire local PC shops to do the work and often they are not even qualified to be doing the work) The only way that would even come close to happening is if the retailer you bought it from would swap it out for you under their return policy.

One other bit of advice I can offer is you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

In the end, if you want to spend all your time being mad and having a broken machine, thats up to you. If you want to take care of it, then just buy a new drive and be done with it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Can I simply just go to my local computer store or geek squad with my laptop and have them simply replace the HDD drive? The main reason I was so concerned with having the HDD replaced at one of these places is its going to void the warranty. If its a simple procedure I can get done in 2 days at one of these places I'd glady pay the 200.00 -300.00 to do it that way if its something that rarely would void the warranty. I'm not trying to be stubborn just for the sake of using the warranty.

gamer734 wrote:
Can I simply just go to my local computer store or geek squad with my laptop and have them simply replace the HDD drive? The main reason I was so concerned with having the HDD replaced at one of these places is its going to void the warranty. If its a simple procedure I can get done in 2 days at one of these places I'd glady pay the 200.00 -300.00 to do it that way if its something that rarely would void the warranty. I'm not trying to be stubborn just for the sake of using the warranty.

It won't void the warranty by opening the hatch. Voiding it by taking the entire cover off would. You can do it yourself by spending the $$$ on a very good SSD for $300! I've already peeked, and I honestly believe doing so does not void the warranty. We could ask a member of staff of Asus to confirm this in the thread if you're that unsure. 🙂