cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VM [keyboard adjustment tool]

Silvai112
Level 7
Hello everyone, this will be my first post to this forum.

I've recently purchased the Asus G752VM as an upgrade to my old Asus ROG laptop. So far, it has been mixed. Apart from the stuttering internet card, there has been a few issues with the pre-installed Asus Live Update. Apart from it installing a new BIOS automatically, which resulted in the BIOS not recognizing the OS, there is one issue that is the most frustrating;

My "c" key will not work, and it appears to be right after Asus Live Update installed a driver/program named the "Keyboard adjustment tool". I was unaware of this update, and I have to resort to ctrl+v pasting a "c" to type this out. I have tried the following to resolve this issue:

-System Restore
-Restarting
-Uninstalling keyboard drivers
-Uninstalling ATK Package (and reinstalling)
-Updating the BIOS (already on the latest update)
-reinstall the "Keyboard adjustment tool" via the Asus driver support site
-trying to use Live Update (No updates available)

Pressing the "c" key in the BIOS does not work either: it will not recognize it. Although, one confusing work-around is pressing shift+c, which will produce a lowercase "c" even with the caps-lock on. An uppercase "c" is only possible via the on-screen keyboard.

Help and input is much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

workshop777
Level 7
Everyone who updated is currently having the same problem as you here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool

It is only 1 thread under yours and currently ongoing and Asus has been alerted to the problem. People have found a semi-work around for the time being.

workshop777 wrote:
Everyone who updated is currently having the same problem as you here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool

It is only 1 thread under yours and currently ongoing and Asus has been alerted to the problem. People have found a semi-work around for the time being.

I'm glad this problem has been noted by Asus, I wanted to post as a means of providing more information without hijacking another thread. Hopefully, people will find that shift+c is a viable work-around for their system.

I 0urrently am fa0ing the exa0t same problem you have. As time passes by, i feel like this software is just so in0redible bad.
First off, My tou0hpad's drivers keeps getting bugged. I 0an't even use any gestures anymore. when i reïnstall that tou0hpad driver i have this weird a00eleration problem. After restart my tou0hpad is bugged again.

Se0ondly, i have had this problem when putting the laptop to sleep. it wouldn't wake up properly.

And now i fa0e this in0redibly annoying feature is my keyboard... thank you very mu0h asus.
Test your drivers and software first before pushing it to your end users... I'm so done with this.