ROG Enthusiast Array Kenzous PC Specs
    Kenzous PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardH170 Pro Gaming
    Processori5-6600k
    Memory (part number)16GB 2133mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Graphics Card #2MSI 1060 6GB gaming x
    Graphics Card #3Gtx 970m (From asus laptop)
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorTwo Asus 23.6" one AOC 23.6"
    Storage #1Kingston SSD 256GB
    Storage #24TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCooler master fan
    Casenzxt s340 Black/red
    Power Supply500w +80 silver
    Keyboard Cooler master rbg
    Mouse Steelseries rival 100
    Headset Qpad QH-90
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Extended
    Headset/Speakers Logitech speakers
    OS windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ChefNeako View Post
    Don't Starve & Mario

Imagine the mix of Mario with Don't starve and here is why i think it would be interesting.

1. Still trying to save the princess with all the standard Mario powers.
    2. Mario now has to survive along the way by finding food, building fires and shelters, leveling up, etc.

Instead of worlds containing levels Mario is now just dropped into the world and has to find his way to the Castle. He has to battle his way through the world and his enemies drop items to help him survive. but he can't just run through straight to the castle as he has to level up to become powerful enough. Leveling allows him to progressively handle new powers (ie. level 2 = standard mushroom, lvl 4 = fireball, etc).

I just feel it would give a great twist to the classic Mario!

Attachment 60771
    That reminds me so much of Terraria, also one of my favorite games. I'd like to see that happen. Or if the game was 3D like Mario sunshine and super mario 64 I'd be awesome as well!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

No Man's Sky and Final Fantasy XV.... and get lost in like... forever LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	60852
    Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
    ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
    OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by raptormigs View Post
    You guys been so hooked with Open-World + some RPG game. But I somehow miss some of the Linear games. Don't you miss it too??
    A linear game needs to market a good story. For too many people graphics are everything, to others it is the mechanics and to me it is the story, some like a good combination. In an open world, a player is exposed to openness, where exploration adds to the value. Then again, there are many linear games which has an open-element, much like the Deus Ex that I have shortly discussed here with the old-school Syndicate. You are right though, linear games can quickly get the point across and many players appreciate this, many open world games have trapped themselves with pointless side quests which may bore the player’s experience. Then again, you have games with a poor story, ME3 was victim to this…

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by najirion View Post
    No Man's Sky and Final Fantasy XV.... and get lost in like... forever LOL

Name:	lol.jpg 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	60852
    My God the amount of conflict there would be over the community side of things. To tweet or ignore...To post or forget. Games are good but the culture clash between the two studios behind these...Oh boy... (Obviously not part of the consideration, just amusing to think about)

New ROGer Array

Ark Survival Evolved and GTAV... it would be the new WOW that could last forever!

Reason 1. Ark is amazing! Simply one of the most immersive games ever created.

Reason 2. GTAV is amazing! Simply one of the most entertaining games ever created; action packed with great story.

Reason 3. Imagine the two combined. Ark running as well as GTAV. The Scope of Ark in the GTAV universe. The combination would be epic.
    Crafting, gathering, "tribes", "gangs", property and items. The list is just far too long. Just imagine!

I'm sure this combo would be banned in gaming dens lol. They wouldn't eat or sleep!!!!

Ex-employee Array

Lots of really interesting combinations, thank you all who participated in this battle.

The battle will be ending in about 6 hours, so if you haven't provided your thoughts on this topic, do it soon! This is only to qualify for the biweekly topic prize draw, you may continue to provide your answer on this topic or comment about other people's choice to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional comments will counted up until January 4th, 2017 and the grand prize draws will take place from January 5th to January 11th.
    Last edited by Bahz; 12-08-2016 at 05:55 AM.

DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    Headset CM Storm Resonar

This is not my entry, but an interesting combination would be Command & Conquer: Tiberium Sun and Just Cause 3. The game Command & Conquer: Renegade never turned out to be. Would had been an exciting addition to the series. Just make Kane a playable character

DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    Headset CM Storm Resonar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnisentient View Post
    I have another idea and I think this one will be my official entry for this contest.

Titles: Scribblenauts and Undertale

About Scribblenauts:
    For those not familiar with this, Scribblenauts is a very unique adventure puzzle game. Your character is a little boy that has a magic notebook that lets him write any object or being and it will become real. The game has many minor objectives that you can solve in different ways, depending on what you write on your notebook.

About Undertale:
    This game became quite popular but for those who haven't played it, Undertale is a game where you have to explore a world with "monsters" and every action has a consequence. For example: killing some monster will alter the story line; some character who you have killed, may have been your ally; The game is really enlightening and touching, if I must say.

How I came up with this idea:
    There was one small objective in Scribblenauts where a man is holding his girlfriend who had been injured. Normally, you could save the girl by writing "Doctor" or "First Aid Kit" on your notebook, to summon them then cure the girl. But what I did was I wrote "Necromancer". He was summoned and he cured girl, but in return he made the man become a skeleton. The game considered the objective finished since the girl was saved, the game didn't care about what happened to the man.

Game idea:
    Now the necromancer-incident made me think, what if there were more missions like that? What if depending on how you handle a situation, there will be varying consequences? A game where an NPC will tell you that "You didn't have to summon a chainsaw to get rid of the Tree Monster blocking the path, you could've summoned an alarm clock to wake him up and he'll walk away." or "You could've given the lonely boy a book instead of a toy gun."

The game's ending will also be based on how you dealt with each earlier situation or objectives. It will also have many mini-endings showing what happened to the characters you "helped" or "harmed". There will be an end-game NPC telling you whether you are kind, thoughtful, careless, or cruel; and you will be punished or rewarded accordingly.

I feel like this adventure game would intrigue a lot of people. It will also teach the player not just how to solve things based on logic, but also based on compassion. This game could definitely be enjoyed by adults and even kids. With all its possible endings and outcomes, people will be playing this game over and over for a long time.
    I have read this entry many times now, and this is the best. A stunning example on where two games combined can be turned into excellence. You have summed your entry up remarkably well. This is what adventure is all about, "With all its possible endings and outcomes, people will be playing this game over and over for a long time."

Would love to see Tim Schafer as the creative director on such a game.

This is by far the most creative entry imho.

ROG Enthusiast Array

An Open-World Biker Game With Decent Controls
    Freestyle Motocross (FMX) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Dm_YDEej0 )
    and
    car racing battle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5MfT1-7Wsw)

nowadays there is no game that has the possibility to properly feel the intensity of FMX and be able to make battles like the car racing battle. Almost every racing game is a reskin of some racing game and there is no way to have a controller or interface to properly do any trick and have a feedback full of adrenaline from it. I mean, u may have a joystick that vibrates at some instant of times after some physics effects, but there is no way to feel the adrenaline, the G Force, the impact with the soil. And when u battle with some other players, there is also no way to feel the pain, the impact of some bullet. And also when u drive in a real vehicle u have inputs from the sound, like vehicle state, some surrounding objects, etc.. State of the weather is also very hard to simulate. Playing in a storm condition would be great and crazy and very enjoying but will u really play if it will be more haptically immersive?

ROG Member Array

I'm surprised that only few to none of you mentioned about strategy and management games. For me, combination between Cities Skylines and Civilization 6 would be a pretty good.

Name:	Cities skyline X Civilization combo.jpg 
Size:	809.4 KB 
ID:	60903

Why?

1. In Civilization 6, we are able to build our empire from Ancient era, which Cities Skylines don't have. Watching our empire evolving from very basic era to advanced one is extremely fun. For me, this reason alone would be enough on why this game should be combined.

2. In Cities Skylines, we are able to manage our city in a very fine way. Almost everything are simulated, like the citizens. Even small details will give huge impacts to the game. Civilization 6 lack this micromanagement aspects. Other than adding more challenges to the game, this feature would allow us to fine tune our empire at the smallest details possible.

3. Cities Skylines also lack in war mechanics like in Civilization 6 while Civilization 6 lacks in natural disasters like in Cities Skylines. In Cities Skylines, you are unable to attack another player like in Civilization 6. While in Civilization 6, the climate in the game seems to be constant not like in Cities Skylines. There are no volcanic eruption, tornado, etc. which would make the game more interesting. This combination would solve both of the problems mutually.

4. In term of game progression, I would go for real-time management like in Cities Skylines, instead of turn based like in Civilization 6. I'm pretty sure almost everyone will agree with me on this one. Real-time management give you little room to think, and you need to act fast. This is good for training my brain.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast