cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G751JT, fan making weird noise, need cleaning or repair?

Ohrstrom
Level 7
Hey I have an ASUS ROG G751JT that i purchase about 6 months ago, 3 days ago a fan started making a louder weirder noise, slightly more to 'a something is stuck in the fan itself' kind of noise.

Im wondering if theres a non warranty breaking way to check and clean the fans or if I have to turn it in for repair? Would be great if I didnt have to service it.

Thanks in advance.

/Daniel.
4 REPLIES 4

Armesis
Level 10
I was told by an unofficial laptop repair center that if you open the laptop to clean it, it will viod warranty (obviously). In your case, it sounds like something is obstructing the fan, maybe some loose wires, or even loose screws inside maybe causing it to wobble. Leaving it as it is may cause more damage. Since its still new and with warranty, i strongly suggest you send it to an official asus repair center. Just be sure to delete sensitive data and stored passwords on your web browsers and programs first.

Understand these laptops are notoriously unreliable, ive had non stop software and hardware issues with my g752vy since i bought it 5 months ago. The screen and keyboard were just recently replaced. Worst laptop/pc ive ever built/owned since the 1990s. I wish you the best of luck with yours.

Ancients
Level 10
I had a 751JY that started making a noise like that. It was the bearings in the fan going bad, causing a rattling noise. If it gets louder as the days go by, that would be my guess.

Ancients wrote:
I had a 751JY that started making a noise like that. It was the bearings in the fan going bad, causing a rattling noise. If it gets louder as the days go by, that would be my guess.

That could be it, is a repair whats needed? Feels kinda ****ty that the fans give up after 6 months...

Ancients
Level 10
You could try and rma it, but I hope you get better results than me. My fan gave out after a few weeks. After the RMA the sound came back within a few days. I ended up returning mine.