cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 61 NVRAM Inizilaization

Matthew_F
Level 7
Hi everyone

Need some advice I have been rarely getting pc not Starting up with a blank screen and led light on the DRam error check and a code 61 = NVRAM Inizilaization the only way for me to fix this is to turn of the PC off and shut of power to the main then turn the pc back on I then get a meessage overclocking failed attemp then my motherboard take me into the Bios and everything goes back to normal ?.

This happens very rarely and its becoming really annoying is there a problem im missing PS my RAM is Working Fine, but is there away to stop my motherboard trying to overclock my RAM and CPU.

Specification
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Rampage V MB
Intel 5960x CPU
HyperX XMP Predator Series 16GB (4x 4GB) 2800MHz CL15 DDR4 DIMM
2 x ASUS GTX 980 SLI Graphics
512 GB Samsung Pro 840 SSD = (OS Windows 10 64Bit)
1 TB Western Digital Velociraptor Hard drive = (Storage Drive)
Corsair 1500i PSU
Corsair 100i GTX Water Cooler
19 REPLIES 19

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Matthew F 🙂

Have you overclocked your cards at all.? If so then revert back to stock frequency.
If that don't work, disable SLI, Remove one card and test that then the other.
If that don't work then Clear your CMOS which will set Bios back to default. If there is corruption in Bios, you may have to re- flash.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Matthew_F
Level 7
No I have not done any over clocking what so ever and I have not tweaked anything in the Bios. IF I were to update the Bios what is the most stable version to use ?

Matthew F wrote:
No I have not done any over clocking what so ever and I have not tweaked anything in the Bios. IF I were to update the Bios what is the most stable version to use ?

Latest Bios Version 1003 is available here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_Download/
Use the rear IO panel flashback port and an empty USB stick, formatted to Fat32. Instructions are on page 2-15 of your MB Manual.
You should not have to rename the file. Just check that its named R5E10.CAP.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Latest Bios Version 1003 is available here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_Download/
Use the rear IO panel flashback port and an empty USB stick, formatted to Fat32. Instructions are on page 2-15 of your MB Manual.

Cheers can i just check Bios Version 1003 good and stable ?

Matthew F wrote:
Cheers can i just check Bios Version 1003 good and stable ?

Sorry I don't have your MB however, I have not seen any indications that it is unstable. It would be your best bet if the Bios is corrupt.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:

Meanmachine I just checked your link for Bios Version 1003 that for the ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 motherboard

My motherboard is RAMPAGE V EXTREME

Chino wrote:
Try reseating your GPUs.

Ill try that cheers

Matthew_F
Level 7
Does anyone know what the most stable Bios version is for RAMPAGE V EXTREME motherboard