Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by GMart1285 View Post
    What are your temps after modding the bottom case? Did you remove all the dust filters on the original vents? So far I just did the undervolt, notebook control fan to 100% and foil tape on the gaps and my temps never reach 80c on most demanding games like Battlefield 1 ultra settings. I still have the stock bottom but maybe I will remove the anti dust filters first before drilling holes.
    Hello, I had previously made several changes, below I leave the link. This time it was something 100% cosmetic and I did not see significant improvements with respect to what I had already done.
    max 72-73 ° playing PUBG at medium-high

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...877#post676877

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by danmoore03 View Post
    Can you send us a link where you got the speaker grilles. I want to do this, i've modded mine like your last picture, but this looks much cleaner! Nice work

Thanks!
    Thank you. This is the link from where I bought the grilles, it took 30 days to get to Chile, and I had to thin the plastic using dremel.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-...708.0.0.ecvQjr

it says to be 1 inch but 51mm is 2 inches.
    greetings from Chile
    Last edited by Gatoxico; 12-04-2017 at 03:31 PM.

New ROGer Array

flickering on my GL702VS

Hi Guys
    I read your thread with interest because I recently started experiencing problems with my laptop. Despite loud fan noises I had no problem until I used the machine on my gaming monitor using mini displayport. there had been no problems until I used the laptop screen again. Now it fickers every 5-10 seconds, but I'm not dropping frames. I have rolled back my NVidia drivers, reinstalled them and reupdated them. I'm going to try the 99% option in the power plan because it seems simple. i'll try it and post again.
    Andrew

ROG Member Array

Is LC06 Opolar best fun cooler for gl702vm? I´ve another one, but I can´t fix it because screen shape.

ROG Member Array

Red face Gl702vi

Hey everyone i just picked up the GL702VI (the 1080 GPU)
    I gotta say this thing is fantastic -Great sounding speakers very nice display the 120htz is incredible . Love the RGB keyboard - Very good performance

Out of the box tho not so much I'm not sure what asus did but they relay borked the windows 10 version on here I was running into so many issues
    Games ran like crap the fans are always max the cpu it keeps reaching 90C I currently also have a ROG G751JY (980m GPU) and that was out preforming this
    Also the touch pad was so messed up nothing was working i thought i had a defect at first
    So i did a clean install of windows 10 pro and wow this thing works like a dream
    All the drivers installed nicely aslo did the undervolt on the cpu to -0.100 V and this thing stays at a steady 40C with fans running up to 2000 RPM -2500-3000RPM when gaming
    Overall i did some benchmarks and very impressed this is very close to a 4K desktop PC performance wise
    Very happy with this laptop overall
    I would have made my own post but I'm a new member here
    Cheers

New ROGer Array

heat

hi , the problem is back plate , if you look on my computers image the results are shocking

nearly 25 degrees diffrence on and off backside of computer,

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Core i5-7300HQ undervolting

Hi everyone! Sorry for a little offtop, because it is about GL553VD with i5 7300HQ+GTX1050.
    1. Undervolting threads here address only to decreasing core voltage offset, however both IntelXTU and throttlestop have cache voltage offset. Should I change them both and must they be the same values?
    2. Did someone try undervolting with core i5-7300HQ? What is your stable voltage offset? Is it reasonable to try undervolting with temperatures never exceeding 90C?
    3. Can stable undervolting profile in theory have negative consequences for CPU in long-term usage? Has anyone experienced any issues with stable voltage offset?
    4. And one theoretic question: high performance means high power. Less voltage = less power. So, how in theory can processor maintain same clocks and same computing ability with less VID (=less power provided)?

Will be very grateful for any replies.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kvwilliams View Post
    That laptop is sweet. Love the expanding hinge when opening the laptop. Way too rich for my blood though. This lowly GL702 was already a pretty hard cost to justify with the misses, lol!

Btw, venting across the entire bottom of the laptop isn't unique to Dell's Alienware. A lot of gaming laptops do that. In fact, I would say it's strange that Asus chose to put such *limited venting* on the bottom, especially given how thin it is with the hardware it's packing - it needs all the help it can get. For example, check out the bottom of the Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop which is of similar price point of the GL702 or GL502:
    Attachment 65072
    Attachment 65073

I just got this laptop and the cooling without any kind of extra manipulation is concerning. Wife is playing WoW and it's shooting out air 50C(122F)

The good thing is with those vents I shouldn't have to drill any holes. As of now I just turned down graphics which dropped a few and then simply elevated the laptop with some wood which brought the temp of the air coming out to 39C.(102F)

The fact the elevation helped so much makes me optimistic for how much a cooling pad will help. I've owned many towers and a bunch of laptops but this is the first laptop with real gpu power.
    Last edited by dow50k; 12-27-2017 at 02:08 AM.

New ROGer Array

Is it worth to buy a laptop cooler?.i also have ROG GL702VM but the GPU gets quite hot even if applied one of those profiles more exactly profile 3 in MSI Afterburner

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Puya9876 View Post
    Is it worth to buy a laptop cooler?.i also have ROG GL702VM but the GPU gets quite hot even if applied one of those profiles more exactly profile 3 in MSI Afterburner
    Yes, it's worth it. I use cooler master notepal u3 plus. It's fans are completely configurable, so I placed them under the ventilation holes. It generally means 5 degree difference at least.
    GL702VM

Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast