Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ymzuki View Post
    yeah i thin, i can also -0.150 but then in hwinfo64 i get i get " windows hardware errors " scroll down till last.

Anyway for now i have disabled turbo boost and also got the adaptive power management for gpu, vsync + gsync on so everywhere the fps is limited to 60 ( that is supposed to not use the gpu 100% if its not needed ....???? ) cpu temps max 72-75C and gpu temps 68-72C... i will reinstall Windows and everything later on, also update the bios etc and do some benchmark tests again, if anything fails ill grab a new heatsink ( 50 euro here in germany ) if no improvements i will send the device to asus asking for full replacement or w.e

Also i have the gl502vs, so i go the gtx 1070
    What do you mean with "grab a new heatsink"?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dassh View Post
    What do you mean with "grab a new heatsink"?
    Buy a new heatsink ( I suspect my heatsink is faulty because I even remove the back of the laptop and did benchmark , there was no temperature improvement, I'm not sure what else could be the problem because both fans seem to run fine, 4300 RPM reported )

ROG Member Array

I joined the forum just for this thread, so thank you! One think I would like to add is that if you limit the framerate (I limit mine to 75), then the GPU won't have to work as hard. I have been using the methods on this thread as well as limiting the framerate and I noticed a drop in temperature from 86c to 72c which is huge. Thanks again and best of luck to everyone.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor88 View Post
    I joined the forum just for this thread, so thank you! One think I would like to add is that if you limit the framerate (I limit mine to 75), then the GPU won't have to work as hard. I have been using the methods on this thread as well as limiting the framerate and I noticed a drop in temperature from 86c to 72c which is huge. Thanks again and best of luck to everyone.
    First of all, welcome.

How exactly did you limit the framerate? Myself i did Vsync + Gsync always on from Nvidia Panel, and Vsync Enabled in any game, even if everything is limited to 60 FPS ( GL502VS with GTX 1070 here ) the GPU still shows 100% usage at 1700MHz+...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ymzuki View Post
    First of all, welcome.

How exactly did you limit the framerate? Myself i did Vsync + Gsync always on from Nvidia Panel, and Vsync Enabled in any game, even if everything is limited to 60 FPS ( GL502VS with GTX 1070 here ) the GPU still shows 100% usage at 1700MHz+...
    I used the in-game menus to limit the framerate. Initially I tried everything in this thread to no avail (GL702 with GTX1060), so I did everything that this thread suggested and what finally did it for me was limiting the framerate. I haven't checked out the usage so I can't say whether or not mine is working at 100%, but I did notice a substantial difference in some applications. I noticed a huge drop in Diablo 3 (the one I noted in my original post), I also tried it on the Division with about a 7c lower temperature. Not all of the games I own have the option to limit framerate in the game menus I'm sure, but the ones that do I saw a noticeable improvement. I will have to go try some games that don't have that option and see what will happen.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor88 View Post
    I used the in-game menus to limit the framerate. Initially I tried everything in this thread to no avail (GL702 with GTX1060), so I did everything that this thread suggested and what finally did it for me was limiting the framerate. I haven't checked out the usage so I can't say whether or not mine is working at 100%, but I did notice a substantial difference in some applications. I noticed a huge drop in Diablo 3 (the one I noted in my original post), I also tried it on the Division with about a 7c lower temperature. Not all of the games I own have the option to limit framerate in the game menus I'm sure, but the ones that do I saw a noticeable improvement. I will have to go try some games that don't have that option and see what will happen.

I have done the same, limit ingame ( where possible Vsync on and frame limit to 60 ) and also from Nvidia control pannel, my monitoring software still shows 99% GPU usage, be it a game w.o v-syn/gsync or frame limited running 120+ FPS or limited to 60 FPS.

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, i bought a GL702VM 8 months ago, and i usually knew that it heats a lot, so i'm trying the same thing as you guys. Since i added a ssd myself, i think i lost the warranty, so.

I bought a coolerpad, undervolted gpu and cpu and increased the range of the cooling fan, but i still feel that the computer heats a lot.

Playing OW on ultra i get 86 degrees, (usually with from the factory i tend to get 90+ on gta v)

I'm planning to remove the thing that protects from the dust, but i don't know, where i live its pretty dirty, if you know what i mean, :P

ROG Member Array

I am not sure if this model has the same issues as the GL502VS, but here is a fix i applied and have had good luck with. CLICK HERE

I would be curious to know if this model has the same gaps..

ROG Member Array

I think i will test with the back cover off, then if is airflow issues, i will try to buy another one and make some roles in the right places..
    I will also check those gaps, cdrshm, thanks

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mwest28 View Post
    I think i will test with the back cover off, then if is airflow issues, i will try to buy another one and make some roles in the right places..
    I will also check those gaps, cdrshm, thanks
    No problem at all! Looking forward to the results!

Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast