Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1110
    ROG Member Array

As I sold my GL702VM, I also sell my modified back cover. If someone is interessted, PM me.

You can see pictures of the back here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...092#post725092

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Equus Ligneus View Post
    Anyone having battery issues?

Mine seems to be discharging whenever it's not plugged in -- meaning after just letting the laptop sit turned off without the charger in.

Here's a picture of the battery log generated by my laptop, Attachment 83505

Defect battery? Is it possible to order a new one and replace it?
    It could possibly be. I've noticed this issue (discharging in the space of a week when powered off)
    Last week when I was packing my laptop for work, I plugged in the charger, switched it on and nothing, the light goes out on the charger. I have to remove the charger from the wall.
    The charger is ok until I plug it in to the laptop then it instantly switches off. I'm guessing either the charger, battery or charging circuit has a fault.
    Quite poor seeing as I've only used it about 20 times.

ROG Member Array

This isn't really a performance issue so much as a broken laptop issue. I have a GL702V and the keyboard is dead. No backlight, no response at all. Device manager says it's working but it absolutely isn't. Any suggestions? I fear it's an issue on the mobo to do with power etc. Can't say I'd be very happy if it is. This is a £2000 laptop less than 2 years old. Anyway I'm hoping it won't require a new mobo.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dreano View Post
    This isn't really a performance issue so much as a broken laptop issue. I have a GL702V and the keyboard is dead. No backlight, no response at all. Device manager says it's working but it absolutely isn't. Any suggestions? I fear it's an issue on the mobo to do with power etc. Can't say I'd be very happy if it is. This is a £2000 laptop less than 2 years old. Anyway I'm hoping it won't require a new mobo.
    Are you up to date with all the drivers?
    If you arent, get them from the ASUS support website.

ROG Junior Member Array

Anyone of those who have been following the thread from the beginning can make an up to date synthesis of all the options we have to bring the temperatures down?
    Going through 111 pages is a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by joacolupa@gmail.com View Post
    Anyone of those who have been following the thread from the beginning can make an up to date synthesis of all the options we have to bring the temperatures down?
    Well i would say undervolt both the cpu and the gpu, some have got success by disabling cpu turbo and if you are not afraid to loose the warranty repaste and add thermal pads instead of goo on the voltage regulators.

I undervolt the cpu by -110mV with throttlestop and the gpu with msi afterburner (raised freq curve by 200MHz) and i have repasted cpu and gpu with thermal grizzly kryonaut and swapped the goo on the voltage regulators with alphacool thermal pads.

The result is much better compared to when i got it, performance is now ok under long gaming sessions but this is still a laptop and and it can never be compared to a desktop in cooling abilities.
    Last edited by Stpa67; 03-11-2020 at 05:42 AM.

ROG Member Array BluntNStunt PC Specs
    BluntNStunt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG GL502-VS
    MotherboardMSI MPG z390 Pro Carbon
    ProcessorIntel i5-9600k
    Memory (part number)32GB Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 2070 Super
    MonitorDell S2417DG 144hz 1440p
    Storage #1500 GB Samsung 970 Evo
    CPU CoolerMasterCooler AIO
    CaseMasterCooler H500
    Power SupplyRosewill 1000w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    Mouse Razer Deathadder
    Headset Pioneer HDJ-2000
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus XXL
    Headset/Speakers m-audio bx5a
    OS win 10x64

Quote Originally Posted by joacolupa@gmail.com View Post
    I didnt undervolt; I just changed the thermal paste which made the most noticeable increase IMO. I also modded my case to have big air holes where the intake fans are.

I would go back like 5 pages and start from there, so read page 106-to this page. You will see my post and posts similar.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inked20200829_171828_LI.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	87262
    Do you know the name of this tape?

Also is it safe to add this on ports

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, please share RTX 2070 mobile Afterburner profiles if you have them.
    Also, did anyone repaste the Asus ROG STRIX G15 G512WL? I would appreciate information on this and pictures would be great!
    I've used MSI afterburner and set my core clock -500 Mhz (minus five hundred) and there is no change in temps at all, maybe 2-3 degrees which doesn't make any sense. I've disabled CPU boost so on 100% CPU load my laptop is locked to stock 2.3Ghz and is still rocking low 80 celsius. Any suggestions?
    I'm planning to get thermal grizzly conductonaut and repaste the CPU+GPU bcz I can't believe Asus did add liquid metal as a thermal interface to my laptop which is using a 10875H + RTX 2070 which are both super hot on the same heatsink.
    Last edited by Jam31337; 01-03-2021 at 11:06 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Repasting is a good solution

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111