Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by fchamp1989 View Post
    I am looking to buy Asus Gl702 VM. I have read many of the posts but still can't come to the conclusion. If I buy it I won't be changing thermal pastes and drilling holes since I have never even opened a laptop's back. So with undervolting, disabling turbo boost and ramping up fan speed manually be enough to keep CPU temperature to playable levels for long gaming sessions? I would really appreciate if someone helps me out.
    Undervolting and boosting the fans is enough to keep temps nicely under control. You'll be able to keep TurboBoost On and get better than stock speeds.

I am looking to buy Asus Gl702 VM. I have read many of the posts but still can't come to the conclusion. If I buy it I won't be changing thermal pastes and drilling holes since I have never even opened a laptop's back. So with undervolting, disabling turbo boost and ramping up fan speed manually be enough to keep CPU temperature to playable levels for long gaming sessions? I would really appreciate if someone helps me out.
    Mostly, yes. If you see anything going out of control during the first few days, you can still return it, right?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TornaD-oz View Post
    Mostly, yes. If you see anything going out of control during the first few days, you can still return it, right?
    That's the thing I am worried about because my friend would be getting it for me from US. And I stay in India. So if an issue occurs I would be stuck with it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Amr Nasser View Post
    That's what I've done exactly & now My CPU , GPU never Exceeds 75 C >> Which is good
    Thanks for the reply man. That's really good temperature for CPU and GPU.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Catalinapcv View Post
    Weeenaaaa, de que parte de Chile? Y de pura copuchenta, te compraste en Chile el note o afuera? Te salio muy caro? Te quedo piola el arreglo.
    wena wena chora! de valparadise, lo compre en 650 lucas en una promo especial que hubo en Ripley, cualquier cosa me escribes por interno, gracias por tu comentario, me gusta hacer moddings y tengo hartas herramientas para eso.
    -----
    From the main port of Chile, I bought it at 650,000 clp (chilean peso) in a special discount on Ripley, if you need help you tell me by direct message, thanks for your comment, I like to make moddings and I have plenty of tools for that.

ROG Member Array Gam3rNa5h PC Specs
    Gam3rNa5h PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG STRIX GL502VS-WS71
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile HM175 Express Chipset
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 7700HQ 2.8 GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
    Monitor15.6" FHD 60Hz IPS (16:9) Anti-Glare Matte Type Screen w/ G-Sync (1920x1080)
    Storage #1256GB M.2 PCIe SSD
    Storage #21TB 5400RPM SATA HDD
    CPU CoolerCopper CPU Heatsink
    Power Supply230W AC Adapter; Output: 19.5V DC, 9.23A, 180W, 4 Cells 62 Whrs Battery
    Keyboard Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
    Mouse Pad ASUS Precision Touchpad
    OS Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

That's the thing I am worried about because my friend would be getting it for me from US. And I stay in India. So if an issue occurs I would be stuck with it.
    Same issue for me too. I live in India but bought my gl502vsk from New York. Now i am having thermal throttling issues and i can only get it looked at when i go to NY again since it has only US warranty and not global warranty so can't show it at indian service centre.
    I made a thread about my issue too if you want to read it :
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...FRAMERATE-DROP

ROG Member Array

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Gatoxico View Post
    wena wena chora! de valparadise, lo compre en 650 lucas en una promo especial que hubo en Ripley, cualquier cosa me escribes por interno, gracias por tu comentario, me gusta hacer moddings y tengo hartas herramientas para eso.
    -----
    From the main port of Chile, I bought it at 650,000 clp (chilean peso) in a special discount on Ripley, if you need help you tell me by direct message, thanks for your comment, I like to make moddings and I have plenty of tools for that.
    Saludos bueno encontrar otro chileno... al final hay solucion como pa bajarle temperatura al NOTE?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gatoxico View Post
    Thank you. This is the link from where I bought the grilles, it took 30 days to get to Chile, and I had to thin the plastic using dremel.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-...708.0.0.ecvQjr

it says to be 1 inch but 51mm is 2 inches.
    greetings from Chile

Los instalaste?

New ROGer Array

Hello! First time poster.

I just bought a GL703VM-GC110 (60Hz variant, sadly, with i7-7700HQ and 1060). The thermals were atrocious from the get-go.

CPU would reach almost 95C and the GPU would reach almost 90C. I was close to returning it. But I found this thread and i was very helpful, thank you all!!

I managed to get temps down to 75C/75C under very heavy load with games like PUBG, Divinity 2, Guild Wars 2 in large cities, etc. It's working so much nicer now. What I did was undervolt the CPU with -0.100V and use the GPU MSI profiles that OP provided (very helpful, ty!), then lifted up my laptop with a little box. This seems to have done wonders, but I know I can get even better temps.

There is still one thing I cannot do, which is to get Notebook Fan Control working on this particular model.

Could anyone please provide me with a working profile specifically for the GL703? I found one for GL702 and what it did was completely destroy the whole Fan Control app. It no longer detects any kind of profile and does not work at all. Re-installing it doesn't even help.

So, I am still totally unaware how to control my fans manually on this machine. I've tried ROG Gaming Center (basically a useless app), ASUS GPU Tweak II, MSI Afterburner. None of them allow me to control the fans manually.

Another question I have is - Is ROG Aura expected to work AT ALL on this model? So far, I think it isn't. All I can get to work is Aura Core. The other Aura, that allows for FX like ripple, rain, etc, has no effect on my laptop whatsoever, expect the keyboard brightness slider. Is this normal, am I missing something here? At this point I have presumed that only Aura Core works with the very basic settings and no custom control for each button and more complex FX.

Any help would be great. Thank you!

EDIT:

I actually forgot to provide a few details regarding my experience, which might help some new people in the future. I went through the whole thread but I might have missed something, sorry about that in advance.

First, on the CPU undervolting:

Everyone should expect different results due to chip binning, and this was surely mentioned before (each chip is unique and ever-so-slightly different than others from the same series). So, start with -0.050V and do Stress Tests via the Intel utility for at least 5 minutes each @ 100% CPU usage (just select the CPU stress test and the time, it does the rest on its own). Benchmarking with the same tool could also be useful as it shows the maximum CPU temp reached while it was running.

So far, disabling the turbo boost (via Power Profile settings in Windows that limit Max. CPU to 99%) has proven to have no visible effect in gaming, but outside of gaming there might be a very light sensation of a performance drop. Negligible, though. The upper cap did wonders for steady temps under load around 75C and no throttling that could be felt.

Then, the GPU tweaks, done with MSI AFTERBURNER:

I couldn't get the profiles to run no matter what, and I almost gave up. At some point, I tried to copy the 1060 profile OP uploaded's contents with a text editor, then paste them over the profile with the same name that the app created on its own each time. The original profile is almost 50KB, but the app makes a different, default setting profile with the same name and uses that for some bizzare reason.

Well, pasting the config text manually into the file it creates, and then saving that file, will solve this problem - now you can load the new profile and see/use the voltage curves OP posted.

Finally, lifting up the notebook - this is huge and definitely made a difference instantly. I've ordered a cooling pad as well, which will helpfully help a slight bit further.

I have not done any re-pasting or hole-drilling and do not plan to at the moment.

The only other thing I wish I could improve is to have a working NFC profile for GL703VM...
    Last edited by Broko; 02-13-2018 at 07:23 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gam3rNa5h View Post
    Same issue for me too. I live in India but bought my gl502vsk from New York. Now i am having thermal throttling issues and i can only get it looked at when i go to NY again since it has only US warranty and not global warranty so can't show it at indian service centre.
    I made a thread about my issue too if you want to read it :
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...FRAMERATE-DROP
    Read about your issues, it really sucks man to have to pay a premium for a device and still face issues. I have scoured the forum but haven't read anywhere any posts regarding screen tearing. Have you checked some other forums and found anything useful?

Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast