Page 15 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1110
  1. #141
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    I´ve 10 degrees less with dirt Benchmark , you configuration works!

  2. #142
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by willygermo View Post
    Thaks! another change in notebook fan control?, fan control service status on read-only or enabled? all fun and GUP and GPU controlls on auto? When we start a game, we have to start msi burner, intel extreme tuning utility and notebook fan control? sorry, my English is bad.

    Edit: sorry, I read now that whe´ve to fix fan controlls on 100%, manually always?
    MSI Afterburner should start up in the background with your last activated profile when Windows starts. XTU just save new profile then set and forget. So nothing to do there.

    NBFC should start with windows if you tick the option from the cog window on the main screen and set to close to system tray. You should have a new system tray icon displaying CPU temp you can open the program from there. Set to enable and all to 100% before starting a game.

    I have in the meantime made a fan curve profile for all 3 fans that I will upload when I get home from work. It should keep your idle temps around 40°C instead of 50 with pretty much no extra noise and all fans should automatically spin up to a 100% and stay there whilst playing. So you wouldn't need to touch anything before starting a game. Just let MSI AB and NBFC automatically start with windows boot.

    Or you can set it yourself if you click on the edit button in the "select config" window after choosing GL702VM from dropdown menu. On the "Fan configuration" (second tab) double click the fan you want to adjust, then click on "temperature thresholds" (second tab), double click the temp range you want to change, do this with all fans and all ranges. Do NOT touch any other settings, if you want to stay safe! Do NOT set overlapping temp ranges! Do set last 2 ranges to 100% fan speed! Do save config before reapplying and enabling again.

    Good luck!

    Edit: here is the config file that I promised. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dty23nh7g...-geOHE3ka?dl=0

    Copy XML into "Program Files (x86)\Notebook FanControl\configs" directory, Open NBFC, open dropdown menu in selected config panel select ASUS GL702VM_Custom, click apply, set enabled. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Zandor84; 03-08-2017 at 11:28 AM.

  3. #143
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Does this actually works?

    IN XTU do you actually give more voltage? like increase to 0,150mV? Is this important to mess with the CPU fields as like its proven the heat comes from the GPU?

    Thanks.

  4. #144
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandor84 View Post
    MSI Afterburner should start up in the background with your last activated profile when Windows starts. XTU just save new profile then set and forget. So nothing to do there.

    NBFC should start with windows if you tick the option from the cog window on the main screen and set to close to system tray. You should have a new system tray icon displaying CPU temp you can open the program from there. Set to enable and all to 100% before starting a game.

    I have in the meantime made a fan curve profile for all 3 fans that I will upload when I get home from work. It should keep your idle temps around 40°C instead of 50 with pretty much no extra noise and all fans should automatically spin up to a 100% and stay there whilst playing. So you wouldn't need to touch anything before starting a game. Just let MSI AB and NBFC automatically start with windows boot.
    Thank you. I tested it out a bit. Still getting upper 80's in demanding games, but it does take longer to reach those highs. Less demanding games, temps are staying much cooler. Thank you for taking the time to make and post your settings.

  5. #145
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kompensan View Post
    Does this actually works?

    IN XTU do you actually give more voltage? like increase to 0,150mV? Is this important to mess with the CPU fields as like its proven the heat comes from the GPU?

    Thanks.
    Look at my screenshots in my previous post on page 14. It is a negative offset (-150 mV) Less power, less heat! Stability depends on your actual chips manufacturing quality, use smaller offset if you get blue screen crash!

    On top of this please read the whole thread to get the whole picture.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos with NBFC.jpg  


  6. #146
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Saragrl View Post
    Thank you. I tested it out a bit. Still getting upper 80's in demanding games, but it does take longer to reach those highs. Less demanding games, temps are staying much cooler. Thank you for taking the time to make and post your settings.
    Yeah, at this point, after doing everything that is suggested in this thread, we should be fighting with the last couple of degrees above the thermal limit.

    Small reduction in the ambient temperature of the room, or even the use of the right type of laptop cooling pad should be enough to give it that last tiny push to stay under the limit. I am still reaching 86°C when the room is 27°C, but staying at 82-83°C in a 25°C room even with the most demanding games.

    It is important that if you are using a cooling pad It has to be big and flat enough to evenly cover the bottom of the notebook and let it breathe at the right spots. (I am using a Cooler Master SF-19 V2 USB3)

  7. #147
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Arriv south

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandor84 View Post
    Yeah, at this point, after doing everything that is suggested in this thread, we should be fighting with the last couple of degrees above the thermal limit.

    Small reduction in the ambient temperature of the room, or even the use of the right type of laptop cooling pad should be enough to give it that last tiny push to stay under the limit. I am still reaching 86°C when the room is 27°C, but staying at 82-83°C in a 25°C room even with the most demanding games.

    It is important that if you are using a cooling pad It has to be big and flat enough to evenly cover the bottom of the notebook and let it breathe at the right spots. (I am using a Cooler Master SF-19 V2 USB3)
    Thank you! It actually worked with me as well. 75/78ºC with BF1 in ULTRA.

    Well done!!

  8. #148
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kompensan View Post
    Thank you! It actually worked with me as well. 75/78ºC with BF1 in ULTRA.

    Well done!!
    Happy to help !

  9. #149
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    armor 30th

    Works really well for me aswell Was so suprised when i checked MSI afterburner after 2 hours of gaming, 78 C at CS GO.
    Gonna try out BF1 and BF4 today.

  10. #150
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    So basically our fans will be at a 100% all the time? or will they only get to 100% when we start a game?
    Is there a chance that if they are working at a 100% they might break sooner?

    Im pretty new with this stuff, im wondering. Also massive thanks to zandor for a new solution
    Last edited by EpicMomo; 03-11-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Page 15 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •