Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by willygermo View Post
    I bought a cover (gl702vm) yesterday. I want hole it. Any link (video tutorial) to do it? I´ve never used dremel.
    Please do a test on both lids using a game that really max's heat/stress and report back the temps of each (holes vs no holes).
    I am very curious of the before and after.

ROG Member Array

Would not be better holes like the last pictures? (like Acer Predator Helios 300 for example). Maybe works better. More holes, less hot?
    Yeah. More holes the better. As long the holes aren't so big, because pests might get inside and ruin the hardwares.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MVP7001 View Post
    Please do a test on both lids using a game that really max's heat/stress and report back the temps of each (holes vs no holes).
    I am very curious of the before and after.
    I don't see how you can still find the 'ventilation of the bottom of the laptop's case in adequate' as questionable. Even the thread creator stated this in his first post:

Quote Originally Posted by onjax View Post
    "To prove this, I first changed the thermal interface to liquid metal. That doesn't solve the issue. This proves, the thermal contact is ok, but heat dissipation is bad. Second, I ran stress tests with back cover removed - helped a lot, about 15-20 degrees off. The proves that air intake is wrong in this system."
    If removing the entire bottom of the laptop's case makes that big of an impact, the key is to modify the case to simulate the same free-flowing airflow as if it wasn't there but still be attached. Adding ventilation holes directly under the fans seems pretty logical. The only draw back is it doesn't look as pretty and can compromise structural rigidity. Thankfully the bottom case is quite thick and drilling the holes didn't have any noticeable effect. I can lift my laptop from a corner and it doesn't show any more flex than before I drilled holes. Maybe precise measuring instruments could detect more flex than before but it's not noticeable otherwise and won't impact practicability.
    Last edited by Kvwilliams; 06-04-2017 at 10:37 PM.

ROG Member Array

I bought a cover (gl702vm) yesterday. I want hole it. Any link (video tutorial) to do it? I´ve never used dremel.
    Buy a right angle attachment for your dremel to make it easier and cleaner cuts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170605_115838.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	65157

Here are the results i practiced on plastic.
    I'm still choosing which one is good.

Name:	20170529_091508.jpg 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	65158

Name:	20170605_182815.jpg 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	65159

ROG Member Array

Hey! do you put any filter in holes? I bought this ones (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I think, if you don´t put any filter, you´ve to clean often it.

ROG Member Array

Hey! do you put any filter in holes? I bought this ones (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I think, if you don´t put any filter, you´ve to clean often it.
    Yep. But I think stockings are better.
    Last edited by dwyt326; 06-05-2017 at 05:17 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello Everyone,

My computer came today.

I tried to update the BIOS to v305 but Winflash gives an error as following: Winflash doesnot support this BIOS update.

What can be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by PredatoR_TR View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My computer came today.

I tried to update the BIOS to v305 but Winflash gives an error as following: Winflash doesnot support this BIOS update.

What can be the problem?
    Do you have the Kaby Lake Version? (Titianium) If so, the most recent update for that model is v300.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-...Desk_Download/

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Roamie View Post
    Do you have the Kaby Lake Version? (Titianium) If so, the most recent update for that model is v300.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-...Desk_Download/

Thanks for the answer.

Yes I have the KABY LAKE version but black (In Europe no Titanium unfortunately). Now I got it why there was one more unit as GL702VMK

Still When I downloaded v300, it gives the same error. Does the BIOS file need to be in USB stick or anywhere in the computer?
    Last edited by PredatoR_TR; 06-05-2017 at 07:07 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wow, so many people drilled their bottoms
    I guess, i'm doing wrong things, but today i made some tuning for my back

Name:	photo_2017-06-06_00-02-26.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	65167

Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast