Page 72 of 111 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by TornaD-oz View Post
    Somewhere in this topic some person suggested that there are gaps between the fans and the heatsink. He proposed to close them with the foil tape, and several people reported that this helped them to drop a couple of degrees. However, someone also stated that this doesn't help with the heat dissipation and the laptop stays hotter for longer (makes sense if you think about it). I tried to apply the foil tape and didn't notice any difference, but got BSOD at first throttle at 93 C. Ordered some speaker grills and a hole saw, going to drill the back cover next.

Can you please post screenshots of your curves for GPU? There is not much info on the exact curves people use for GL702VS and 1070, that would be extremely helpful.
    Yeah I threw some electric tape where the heatpipe touches the fans to close that gap but honestly I don't see it making a very big difference.

I created a thread specific to the GL702VS 1070gtx a little while ago https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=FastM and just updated it with my current curve.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I don’t know about you but fans are quite loud at 50%. **
    did some quick test for ya

Auto Fans
    Ilde speed: 2200rpm / CPU: 41c / GPU: 42c
    pubg Load: 3500-3800 / CPU: 81c / GPU 75c

I experienced a crash in pubg, the first one in quite a while..

40% fan Boost
    Idle speed: 2700rpm / CPU: 35c / GPU: 34c
    pubg Load: 4600rpm / CPU: 73c / GPU: 65c

Having the fans at Auto for gaming is almost funny, at 3500-3800rpm you barely barely hear them. To me the system sounds idle. at 4600rpm they are far from what I would consider loud from a gaming laptop.

ROG Member Array skejcikk1 PC Specs
    skejcikk1 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG STRIX SCAR GL703VM
    MotherboardGL703VM
    ProcessorIntel Core I7-7700HQ
    Memory (part number)16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    MonitorPanasonic 40ES400E
    Mouse Logitech Silenc M220
    Headset/Speakers Xiaomi Piston v1/Blitzwolf F3
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by AAtte View Post
    Hi! I have the GL703VM (Scar edition). It was very hot without undervolting. What helps the cooling? You should always keep the back end of the laptop elevated, otherwise it will overheat. Undervolting CPU _AND_ GPU makes it a different machine. I have -140mv stable undervolt in CPU (7700hq) and I run my GPU (1060 6gb) @1850MHz / 825mV. Normally it would have about 950mV with this MHz, so it's about -125mV underclock. Like this, it can run AIDA64 without throttling (100% CPU + 100% GPU).

Also, I have found that I can use the laptop completely in clamshell mode and the temperatures are the same, compared to having the lid open. It seems to leave a small gap, even though the lid is down. This is my first gaming laptop and I'm pretty pleased with it. I was prepared to study the underclocking thing and it sure changed everything. I read this thread before buying.

READ ME NEXT POST! It has the full AIDA64 test.
    Hi, how you undervolt CPU and GPU? Do you use XTU and MSI afterburner or something another? I really need to undervolt my notebook(GL703VM SCAR) becuase it's too hot when i play games. In FIFA18 i have 90-95C CPU and over 97C GPU. its terrible.

RE: now i have update of Windows. I restart the laptop and now its 'working on updates' but its f*cking terribly loud and hot! Its really loud (android apk shows me 65-73 dB !!
    Really i need to do something with IT.
    Last edited by skejcikk1; 02-03-2018 at 09:40 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by skejcikk1 View Post
    Hi, how you undervolt CPU and GPU? Do you use XTU and MSI afterburner or something another? I really need to undervolt my notebook(GL703VM SCAR) becuase it's too hot when i play games. In FIFA18 i have 90-95C CPU and over 97C GPU. its terrible.

RE: now i have update of Windows. I restart the laptop and now its 'working on updates' but its f*cking terribly loud and hot! Its really loud (android apk shows me 65-73 dB !!
    Really i need to do something with IT.
    Hi! I'm using XTU and Afterburner. Undervolting helps alot.

ROG Member Array skejcikk1 PC Specs
    skejcikk1 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG STRIX SCAR GL703VM
    MotherboardGL703VM
    ProcessorIntel Core I7-7700HQ
    Memory (part number)16
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    MonitorPanasonic 40ES400E
    Mouse Logitech Silenc M220
    Headset/Speakers Xiaomi Piston v1/Blitzwolf F3
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by AAtte View Post
    Hi! I'm using XTU and Afterburner. Undervolting helps alot.
    Could you told me how many GB you have on GPU? I have 6GB but XTU show me just 4 GB.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by skejcikk1 View Post
    Could you told me how many GB you have on GPU? I have 6GB but XTU show me just 4 GB.

You are fine. The XTU shows it wrong.

New ROGer Array

Question Unlock Hidden Bios Menu

Anyone can Edit " Bios " to Unlock Hidden Bios Menu ??

If anyone tried this , does it worth ??

Anyway , My GL702VM , GTX 1060 , While Playing The Division on Ultra Except Little Modification
    Tested For 3 Hours Of Gaming , It Reaches 60 - 70 FPS Easily

For Thermals :

GPU >> NEVER Reached 75 C
    CPU >> NEVER Reached 75 C

I DIDN'T done the " Drilling Mod " Thought , Just Some Modifications Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tom Clancy's The Division.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	71351
    Last edited by Amr Nasser; 02-05-2018 at 11:46 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by skejcikk101 View Post
    You know what bottom cover fit with gl703vm?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Ya that bottom from the Alienware 17 r4 was way too big. I'm thinking I can still use it, but divide it in half into something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g752vsrevisiondividedl.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	71355

New ROGer Array

I am looking to buy Asus Gl702 VM. I have read many of the posts but still can't come to the conclusion. If I buy it I won't be changing thermal pastes and drilling holes since I have never even opened a laptop's back. So with undervolting, disabling turbo boost and ramping up fan speed manually be enough to keep CPU temperature to playable levels for long gaming sessions? I would really appreciate if someone helps me out.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fchamp1989 View Post
    I am looking to buy Asus Gl702 VM. I have read many of the posts but still can't come to the conclusion. If I buy it I won't be changing thermal pastes and drilling holes since I have never even opened a laptop's back. So with undervolting, disabling turbo boost and ramping up fan speed manually be enough to keep CPU temperature to playable levels for long gaming sessions? I would really appreciate if someone helps me out.
    That's what I've done exactly & now My CPU , GPU never Exceeds 75 C >> Which is good

Page 72 of 111 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast