CPU CoolerEnermax Liqtech TR4 280
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro
    Power SupplySilverstone SnoSilent 1050w
    Keyboard Bloody 845r
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless SE
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterUbiquiti UAP-AC-HD

Quote Originally Posted by djbigbear View Post
    hmmm, according to my experience, covering heatpipes with another heatsink+thermal pad/tape will only make it worse. in this particular case those thermal pads/tape insulate heat rather than transferring it to the heatsinks.
    The heat sinks I put on there get as hot as the pipes. They just need more air flow over them to actually be of any use. Which is why I wanted to modify a new bottom case panel. Cut some slits right over the heat pipes and try and force more air to intake through that area.

Edit: I know for a fact that XoticPC uses similar heatsinks on heat pipes in laptops similarly like I am. It's one of their "premium" add-ons. I had purchased an MSI Dragon Eyes GE40-2OC from them and selected this option. They put several small heat sinks on the pipes plus a few other on other components on the motherboard.
    Last edited by slayvus; 06-06-2018 at 05:59 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

hey guys,

undervolting ur cpu and boost ur fan so you do not have a problem throttle.

tuto for boost fan:

Download RW read & whrite utility (I use the portable version) http://rweverything.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rw2.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	347.9 KB 
ID:	74241

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rw3.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	523.5 KB 
ID:	74242

If you want to stop turbo fans, you have to stop your laptop.
    I use rw for 3 years on my g551 and now on my gl702.

Sorry for my english.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by onjax View Post
    THE GUIDE - GPU
    1. Download and Install MSI Afterburner 4.3 or above
    2. In settings turn on Unlock voltage control and Unlock voltage monitoring
    3. Close MSI Afterburner
    4. Download my Voltage Profile for GTX 1060
    5. Extract profile to some folder and then copy file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles". Click continue as Administrator when Windows asks permission to write.
    6. Run MSI Afterburner, click on profile 1 (out of 5). Then press Ctrl+F. (1 - least heat, but may be unstable for some... 2, bit more voltage etc till 5.)
    7. You will see my Voltage Curve (screenshot). What you'll see that it's flat until 1050mv. that means. 1050 will never be used, so will never be used any voltage except 831mV @ 1860 MHz and below.
    8. Click apply to test this curve
    9. If this curve is not stable for you - edit it to your taste: Click on 831mV dot and move it lower, so that lower freq will be used for that voltage, and for 1860 freq next available voltage will be used. Etc. Work with leftmost voltage dots to make everything stable.

This curve drops heat of GPU by at least 30%, which is huge.
    I was doing this and added your profile to the locaation then started afterburner but the profile buttons are not selectable, am I doing something wrong. MSI Afterburner was the latest version.

ROG Member Array

Today I drilled some holes in the bottom case on my GL702VMK 1060 6GB, i7-7700HQ. GPU Temp while playing PUBG 79-80°.

I did -110mV on CPU and disabled turbo. GPU is running @1840mhz and 893mV.

Without the holes but undervolting, PUBG ended at >90°.

With GPU Tweak II it is also possible to lower the temp limit and cap FPS. I limited framerate to 90 FPS and set GPU target temp to 70°. Runs good so far.

Here some pictures of the mod.

https://blogges.de/wp-content/upload...621_144739.jpg

https://blogges.de/wp-content/upload...621_144748.jpg

https://blogges.de/wp-content/upload...621_144802.jpg

ROG Junior Member Array

ASUS Rog strix gl503vm overheating issues and performance issue

I got a ASUS rog gl503vm and this the 2nd week since purchase. Had overheating issues since Day 1...within 20-30 mins of gaming, temp was 80-93 C... Did a couple of settings change..First installed intel XTU and Asus tuning utility to umdervolt the CPU.. did not work...2nd ... downgraded the "Maximum Processor rate to 75% and cpu's clock was at 2.3 ghz.. Ran games like witcher 3 and Ghost recon wildlands @45-50 fps<ultra>, temp was within 65-70 C... then, increased Maximum Processor rate to 85% and cpu was running @ 2.6 Ghz... Ran games like witcher 3 and Ghost recon wildlands @50-60 fps<ultra>, temp was within 65-74 C.. avg.68 C..3rd was to add the 5th option under the Advanced Power Options in Control Panel.."To change the performance of turbo boosting "... So as the first two options was not allowing the processor to run @ 100%.. so the i7-7700Hq @2.8 Ghz was taken as the full 100% , thus no turbo boost to 3.8 Ghz, adding the 5th option "to To change the performance of turbo boosting" allows me to keep maximum processor rate @ 100% and performance of the turbo boost<5th option> to "Efficiently enabled", gave me a result of CPU @ 3.4 Ghz and GPU @ 1900 Mhz, with temps around 68-77 C.. frame rates were higher in BF1, Witcher 3,@ Very High Sttngs... ran smooth for more than 1 hour.. no crash or lag.....i am planning to get an Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for repaste the CPU and GPU, with two Opolar LC06 fans... Kindly let me know, if any other suggestions.

Turbo Boost option under power settings does the trick mainly.. Attache d the screenshot
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.PNG  

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atom9996 View Post
    I got a ASUS rog gl503vm and this the 2nd week since purchase. Had overheating issues since Day 1...within 20-30 mins of gaming, temp was 80-93 C... Did a couple of settings change..First installed intel XTU and Asus tuning utility to umdervolt the CPU.. did not work...2nd ... downgraded the "Maximum Processor rate to 75% and cpu's clock was at 2.3 ghz.. Ran games like witcher 3 and Ghost recon wildlands @45-50 fps<ultra>, temp was within 65-70 C... then, increased Maximum Processor rate to 85% and cpu was running @ 2.6 Ghz... Ran games like witcher 3 and Ghost recon wildlands @50-60 fps<ultra>, temp was within 65-74 C.. avg.68 C..3rd was to add the 5th option under the Advanced Power Options in Control Panel.."To change the performance of turbo boosting "... So as the first two options was not allowing the processor to run @ 100%.. so the i7-7700Hq @2.8 Ghz was taken as the full 100% , thus no turbo boost to 3.8 Ghz, adding the 5th option "to To change the performance of turbo boosting" allows me to keep maximum processor rate @ 100% and performance of the turbo boost<5th option> to "Efficiently enabled", gave me a result of CPU @ 3.4 Ghz and GPU @ 1900 Mhz, with temps around 68-77 C.. frame rates were higher in BF1, Witcher 3,@ Very High Sttngs... ran smooth for more than 1 hour.. no crash or lag.....i am planning to get an Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for repaste the CPU and GPU, with two Opolar LC06 fans... Kindly let me know, if any other suggestions.

Turbo Boost option under power settings does the trick mainly.. Attache d the screenshot

Undervolt the GPU. Makes a huge difference.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PIXL8 View Post
    I was doing this and added your profile to the locaation then started afterburner but the profile buttons are not selectable, am I doing something wrong. MSI Afterburner was the latest version.
    Because of different win versions your cfg filename is different. Create your own profile and save it. Then copy the contents into your cfg file .

Quote Originally Posted by bagges View Post
    Today I drilled some holes in the bottom case on my GL702VMK 1060 6GB, i7-7700HQ. GPU Temp while playing PUBG 79-80°.
    You could run into problems if you decide to add an NVMe drive later : those things run pretty hot already and without airflow the temps could skyrocket on load . Same could probably be true about your hdd.
    Was a bit disappointed buying a fast nvme card and seeing it adding even more heat to my portable oven GL702VMK.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Passion64x View Post
    You could run into problems if you decide to add an NVMe drive later : those things run pretty hot already and without airflow the temps could skyrocket on load . Same could probably be true about your hdd.
    Was a bit disappointed buying a fast nvme card and seeing it adding even more heat to my portable oven GL702VMK.
    Will those temps be better without holes under GPU and CPU? Did you make any observations about those temps with and without holes? Thx for the hint.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Passion64x View Post
    Because of different win versions your cfg filename is different. Create your own profile and save it. Then copy the contents into your cfg file .

But the GL702VMK already comes with an NVMe drive, right? So why would temps increase?

StarJack

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post
    But the GL702VMK already comes with an NVMe drive, right? So why would temps increase?

StarJack
    No , mine came only with a hdd and i didn't want to swap it out with my sata ssd so added an nvme drive instead. And i don't think these laptops come with nvme drives . Stock comes with slower m2 i think , i could be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bagges View Post
    Will those temps be better without holes under GPU and CPU? Did you make any observations about those temps with and without holes? Thx for the hint.
    I have not modified my button case so can't say . Was basing it from the drives location in laptop , because they don't have dedicated cooling so they have to rely on airflow in whole case . My Kingston A1000 is idling at around 55 atm with fans on min, while with fans 40ish , hard to say how much heat is generated solely from nvme and how much added from gpu/cpu. But on some load it easy goes over 60C. If i was maxing out 82C - 83C cpu/gpu in demanding games before , now i hit 85-86C at max . Isn't really a problem for average temps , but i sure would like to keep max temps as low as possible and It's adding joules to overall heat problem. Have you noticed any hdd temp change after modifying buttom case ? Maybe because your overall case temp is lower it wouldn't be an issue. But playing demanding game + recording a gameplay or having anything else loading drive is producing additional heat , so airflow is needed and i feel like with holes on bottom the air would come through holes and not over the motherboard and drives.

Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast